Work permit for visiting company official

We are a Registered company here in Bangkok, I do not wish to elaborate on the nature of the business as this may contravene the rules on this forum. - our parent company is in New York and we have a Director based in the UK. They want him to come here for a 'while' to see how the business can be improved in the way it operates, staff reviews, product control etc. I should point out that he is unable to get a Green Card in the USA (reasons withheld) - My question - does he need a Work Pass to come and do the above? Thank you.

He will probably need a work permit and non-B visa. I suppose "for a while" is longer than 2 weeks.

Per Mario's comment 14 days or less a temporary WP can be had, will need a "B" visa, if any longer, will need the "full' WP.

I do sporadically inspection work in Thailand for the European Community, I was told that if I put one single signature I would need a work permit. So I guess no farangs can sign a contract with a Thai company.

if the work is so sporadic why don't you use the temporary WP system ?.....then there is no debate as to what is or isn't legal ?...your covered.

If he is visiting simply to "protect his interests & advise on expanding business" in a Thai company he has an interest in,

does not need a work permit. The right thing to do would be to obtain a B class visa before travelling here.

If he is visiting simply to "protect his interests & advise on expanding business" in a Thai company he has an interest in,

does not need a work permit. The right thing to do would be to obtain a B class visa before travelling here.

"They want him to come here for a 'while' to see how the business can be improved in the way it operates, staff reviews, product control"

The above my friend is working, he needs a WP...wink.png

In terms of the intent of the Non-imm B, this is for looking at business opportunities in Thailand eg new clients, customers or setting up a new business.

He is not looking at business opportunities, or starting a new business he is coming into Thailand to take a management role in an existing entity...not the same thing