Grunge Art

Thanks for the feedback. Very encouraging.

What I need to address, and hope someone can help, is a consistent workflow. It may well be that it's irrelevalent and all down to experimentation and adaptation to taste but maybe others have a process that they adhere to and apply to obtain some basic consistency.

At this early stage I don't really know what I'm looking for but am curious as to what I may be missing. Hopefully the more experienced workers can come aboard.

Thanks for the feedback. Very encouraging.

What I need to address, and hope someone can help, is a consistent workflow. It may well be that it's irrelevalent and all down to experimentation and adaptation to taste but maybe others have a process that they adhere to and apply to obtain some basic consistency.

At this early stage I don't really know what I'm looking for but am curious as to what I may be missing. Hopefully the more experienced workers can come aboard.

Make and save presets.

• Like 1

Had to look up grunge art photography. Looks like an interesting concept but my artistic skills are not, let's say, refined. biggrin.png May have to give it a go. For others who may not be familiar with the methods of doing it here is one video to give an example.

Interesting. In one of the accompanying videos it explains the use of the white and black brush to add and delete. The old Photoshop had a specific tool for this which is not in CS6. Finding this has really been helpful.

FG I think a good thing to experiment with is texture wrapping/displacement mapping, here is an example I just threw together in about 15 mins if they were my own photos I could happily spend hours editing.

OK, It's not grungy but you can use any texture you want eg...shoot the texture of a paving slab or a cracked and flaky painted door, the bark on a tree etc...it's quite an enjoyable technique to work with.

After you have used the layer mask (in this case the eyes and mouth) add some Gaussian blur to smooth out the edges of the mask, use some desaturation on the mapped texture and also use the layer opacity on the layer to get the result you want.

Edited by rhythmworx

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...