Help me plan Samui/Koh Phangan

I'm booking up places for my holiday at the end of the year and would like to spend 8/9 days in Samui and Koh Phangan. Not been to Koh Samui before but will be coming from Patong so fancy something laid back but with some nightlife. Was thinking Lamai.

I also want to spend some time on Koh Phangan but am not sure which beach to stay at. I stayed previously at Haad Salad which was fantastic although I was with a lady last time who had a bike so getting around was not so bad. If I'm on my own and don't drive a bike do you think I should look to target any particular places? Thong Nai Pan Yai looks nice. Any reccomendations?

Can you do day trips to Koh phangan from Samui? Where do they go?

Thanks

To answer your last question, Grand Sea Adventure tours do Day trips to KP... depending on demand perhaps once or twice a week... (every day to Koa Toa or Angthong Marine Park which are more popular... if enough people they will do KP any day! )

Ticket offices sell tickets and there is hotel pickup drop off service included in price... hotel departure will depend on where you are staying....wink.png

Leave Ban Rak, Samui 9 am ..... On the KP tour you arrive Tonsala about 9.30 and hop on a tour pickup... head up towards Chalaklum, stopping at Chinese Temple, then one of the Elephant places... feed the elephants with bananas ... the head to the Chulaklum pier and drive though village.... Head to * Maehaad Beach have chance to snorkel, swim or relax on beach ... Have lunch, (included) ... Then off along the west coast road, and then over to Haad Rin, with a few stops of interest on the way...including one of the Temples in Ban Tai area. There is about an hour to explore HR ... before headed back to boat pick up and back to Samui.... a good trip to get the flavour of KP.... thumbsup.gif

* The lunch time stop may have changed, since the resort / restaurant changed hands last year.... I am not sure, but sure they would have a good spot to stop for lunch... if it has changed...

Thanks for that summary. I've decided to just head straight for KPN and will spend some time on Thong Nai Pan Yai. Is 8 days on KPN too much?

No not too long, ..... just chill out unwind and relax!!!!

If you still wanted to do that island tour, you could still do by going to the Grandsea office near the ferry landing in Tongsala..... Located 1 o clock as you walk up from ferry... so to your left and across the street... (unless they have moved lately) .....they will only do if enough people...probably at least four... wink.png

Thanks samui jimmy. Last question. Where are the lady bars on Koh phangan? 55555

5555 cheesy.gif

well go check out for yourself..... hint.... try the road out of Tongsala headed towards Haad Rin....

Be sure to check under carriage too, as there could be lady boys too....whistling.giftongue.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 2