CBR400RR Nc29-31 questions

sz1a

I decided not to get it because of the carb issue and because of the owners unwillingness to let me ride it on the street in fear of being robbed. Most of all though, when he came riding in for our meeting my first impression was unimpressed. Bike looked old and battered. I spent more time checking out the Z800 next to us.

Will save some more money and ponder more. Maybe get a 250 Dtracker for the ability to go anywhere or bigger bike plus scooter. If I get a 250 I'll look into pistons and getting the cc up, full exhaust etc. Will also inquire about financing.

you did the right thing!

Edited by ll2

Haha, I should start a new thread in that case so the 250 flame wars won't soil this exemplary community collaboration and discussion. :D

Online bike sites:

Oxl, mocyc, Craigslist, bahtsold, thaivisa classifieds.

• Like 2

dont get 250 cc bikes if you are looking for a cbr400.

Get a honda 500 series or kawa er second hand or go for finance and get a new honda cbr650f that can keep you well for a longer time.

You can get a cbr500r for 160 k nowadays and kawa er series for again the same price.

Get a honda 500 series or kawa er second hand or go for finance and get a new honda cbr650f that can keep you well for a longer time.

You can get a cbr500r for 160 k

Used Ninja 250 or 300 with full system, airbox and ECU would be much more fun than the CBoRing500. smile.png

Think every single experienced rider would agree with that. smile.png

Edited by 332

Used Ninja 250 or 300 with full system, airbox and ECU would be much more fun than the CBoRing500. smile.png

Having owned both...you could be a bit farther from the truth...but not much. The wannabe boy racers who cream their pants at having to keep revs up and shift gears like a spastic chicken think the wee bikes are more fun I guess.

Don't get me wrong; Kawasaki deserves kudos for bringing inexpensive big bikes to the kingdom; but one needs to be a realist at the same time.

But don't take my word for it...

Agreed

I got ninja 300se

Its fast enough

New engine

Abs

Not heavy so good for thai traffics..

Ninja 300 13000rpm red line

Honda cbr500 8500rpm

Not so sure about ninja 250

But 300 is more fun then cbr...

mataleo

Edited by mataleo
  • Like 1

I decided not to get it because of the carb issue and because of the owners unwillingness to let me ride it on the street in fear of being robbed. Most of all though, when he came riding in for our meeting my first impression was unimpressed. Bike looked old and battered. I spent more time checking out the Z800 next to us.

Will save some more money and ponder more. Maybe get a 250 Dtracker for the ability to go anywhere or bigger bike plus scooter. If I get a 250 I'll look into pistons and getting the cc up, full exhaust etc. Will also inquire about financing.

Your making a very wise choice. If they don't trust you for a road test ....The bike is most likely loaded with hidden problems. You can usually lave your passport & cash deposit no problem. A 400 got to be a fuel injected system & that for a 2008 costs as much as a 2012 Ninje650 ER6n Or an ER6f. That & they are really only worth 1/3 of what they are asking for them!

I think you are saving a lot of headaches not getting this one. When you hear everyone saying the same thing on this forum It is a golden moment! And most of us had the 400 or 500 series or larger so we all know the pitfalls.

let us know what bike you settled on . The Ninja's are Hella fun! And you can modify the seat position with risers for the handlebars cheaply!

• Like 1

Honda cbr500 8500rpm

Yeah.

Remember that this discussion is for someone who wanted a fun, high revving CBR400 to blast around the place on.

Difference being the 400 had even more HP then the current 500 I fail to understand how referring someone to the N250/300 which is slower is a good idea. So if all flash and no bang is the criteria I guess that going with the wee bike is a good recommendation...hell, refer him to the CBR150R which has a similar redline and would save him a decent chunk of change.

Honda cbr500 8500rpm

Yeah.

Remember that this discussion is for someone who wanted a fun, high revving CBR400 to blast around the place on.

Difference being the 400 had even more HP then the current 500 I fail to understand how referring someone to the N250/300 which is slower is a good idea.

Slower doesn't mean less fun or less exciting.

If somebody wants a square engined twin with linear power that redlines at 8400 and is limited to 9000rpm than the CBoRing470 is a good option. :)

Given that the OP wanted a CBR400RR, that probably isn't the case. :)

Honda cbr500 8500rpm

Yeah.

Difference being the 400 had even more HP then the current 500 I fail to understand how referring someone to the N250/300 which is slower is a good idea. So if all flash and no bang is the criteria I guess that going with the wee bike is a good recommendation...hell, refer him to the CBR150R which has a similar redline and would save him a decent chunk of change.

Its a better idea then him wasting his money on a ragged out 400. The 250 300 may be slower but at least it will be running :\). The n300 which is also probably out of his price range is my next choice for a bike. Think i am gonna trade my z1k for a 300cc

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Given that the OP wanted a CBR400RR, that probably isn't the case. smile.png

If somebody wants a square engined twin with linear power that redlines at 8400 and is limited to 9000rpm than the CBoRing470 is a good option. smile.png

My idea of fun is not having to wait for speed to build or have to plan waaaaaay ahead to pass something at highway speeds. Of course yours may be different but that's the beauty of the human race...you're allowed to be wrong. tongue.png

Your arguments may be bolstered a bit if every single one of your posts did not contain a school yard mangling of a name.

Its a better idea then him wasting his money on a ragged out 400. The 250 300 may be slower but at least it will be running :\). The n300 which is also probably out of his price range is my next choice for a bike. Think i am gonna trade my z1k for a 300cc

Definitely better idea. But for not much more coin than one will drop on a N300 they can get a more powerful bike.

My idea of fun is not having to wait for speed to build or have to plan waaaaaay ahead to pass something at highway speeds.

You should sell the CBoRing470 and buy an Er-6* at least then. :)