A very bright star on the east part of the sky in the early morning

Maramook

I keep watching a very bright star (or something) on the east part of the sky over and over again at about 4 am - 5 am. In Thailand (Samui, in particular) I believe it was really the east part of the sky (thus indeed it was exactly the same star) because it was in the direction of Chaweng when I was on Bophut, it happened with me 2 times I guess when I spotted it. Now I also continue seeing it in Indonesia (Bali).

What's it?

Edited by Maramook

At first I was going to suggest it might be MH370....... but that would of been in very poor taste.

If you have an iPad, iPhone, I guess smart phone there is an app called Starmap 3D. It is very good, it will tell you the name of the star/plant and all the relevant data in it, weight, distance etc etc.

If you look west on an evening, you will likely see it again. The ancients thought it was 2 separate stars, and called it The morning star and evening star. It is usually the 1st and last celestial body to be visible in the night sky

• Like 1

have a look on

Sun Jun 1, 6:43 PM 6 min 76° 10 above SW 11 above NNE

If you have a camera and tripod, as a rough guide stick it on f8 iso 400 for 30 seconds, or f11 iso 800 for 30 secs thumbsup.gif

guess it might not be dark enough at that time though

http://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=Indonesia&region=None&city=Jakarta#.U4Us9mcU_cc

Edited by rhythmworx