Thai rice farmers thank NCPO for payments

webfact

The government were trying to get the money to pay the farmers, after getting offers of loans, the PDRC bullied those banks into withdrawing and so the govt could not raise the money. The PDRC were not able to stop the army getting the money to pay the farmers, so well done to the Army. Eventually the farmers will realise the truth of the matter. Suthep was never going to help them, what became of the cash he collected on their behalf, and just how much did he collect.

• Like 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The government were trying to get the money to pay the farmers, after getting offers of loans, the PDRC bullied those banks into withdrawing and so the govt could not raise the money. The PDRC were not able to stop the army getting the money to pay the farmers, so well done to the Army. Eventually the farmers will realise the truth of the matter. Suthep was never going to help them, what became of the cash he collected on their behalf, and just how much did he collect.

Do you have a calender nearby? Maby it is time for you to check the dates when the rice farmers had to get paid and when your ennemy Suthep showed up.

If you don't have a calender than just start reading the stuff that doesn't come out of the red handbook.

Have a nice day.

Edited by dutchisaan
  • Like 1

The Yingluck government had stated mid-2013 that 270 billion was needed for the 2013/2014 RPPS and the funds had been reserved. November 2013 news started to leak through thatbills hadn't been paid for many months. In December the by now caretaker government suddenly wanted to borrow an extra 130 billion Baht to pay farmers and others. As caretaker government they couldn't just borrow such amount for which a next government would have to take responsability.

Criminal negligence, faulty fiscal accounting, lacking transparency, 'dirty white' lies.

As for the diversion on the few million Baht Suthep collected to help farmers, as far as I know the money has been donated. Mind you with Yingluck trying to borrow 130,000,000,000 Baht collecting 2,500,000 doesn't help too much.

• Like 2

Rice harvesting machines going flat-out yesterday north of Chiang Mai. Nicely timed as it rained heavily in the afternoon.

Good luck to the farmers.

• Like 1

So you see, what happened is not so bad as you thought, a lot of things are getting done in a very short time, instead of waiting for moths before any action is taken.

Had the two usages of the word "you" been omitted, the post would read less as a chastisement and more as a confirmation. Edited by Benmart

Don't know why they have to thank anybody for something that is rightfully there's , they also should be paid on over due payments at commercial interest rates , if the new Administration wants to recoup that, just call to account the PTP benefactors fund ,for that amount , bearing in mind that there was a lot of people behind the scene , that lobbied on their behalf.clap2.gif

They're just grateful that Khun Robin Hood has retrieved their money from the evil Sheriff of Dubai.

There should be much merrymaking in the greenwood tonight. thumbsup.gif

Great to hear this news. No country can afford to lose their farmers. They do it for love of the product they produce, certainly not to get rich. Don't ignore those that provide life for you at an affordable price.

They do it for love of the product they produce, certainly not to get rich.

Eh ? MIL's a rice farmer and I can assure you the only reason she does it is $$$$, she doesn't even eat the jasmine she produces, only sticky rice laugh.png

This is a very shameful and sorrowful situation when people have to say thanks for their own money. Thanks for Yingluck Chinawattra for the big rice fraud.

Let's here it for the coup! Able to cut through bothersome red tape, no need to deal with those self serving elected folks, do what they want for whatever reason they want. And hurrah for the banks stepping in with the money (or am I wrong there? Thought there was some article about them bidding for the loans?) Whatever, point is there is now a government in charge that gets things done! Those that don't like it can just leave If they are not Thai anyway.

I note that Thaivisa is understandably being very cautious regards which articles it posts, even when it comes to The Nation etc. So I won't link to it but there was an interesting article in the NYT yesterday regarding this, with some comments from farmers in Issan. I suspect it depends on the political leanings they already held, but I suspect many farmers aren't holding the last govt solely responsible for the lack of payment - which is right, because the lack of payment hiterto now was caused both by PT incompetence and politicking from the PDRC and its allies. Anyway, good they've been paid. I wonder if the junta plans to continue the scheme? Seems like they're caught between a rock and a hard place on that one, given what happened when PT tried to lower the pledging price to 12k.

Regarding the non-payments, my argument has always been that if the PTP had done the right thing by the farmers the money would have been paid out long before Suthep came along. And provision should have been made for further payments before they dissolved government.

Seems they did not really care about the rice farmers, once they had their votes.

Nice one, a real populist policy.

I think that I know who the most popular person in Thailand is at the moment!!!

It seems like democracy has taken a welcomed back seat at the moment so I was right (even though I took a lot of abuse over it) in saying that benevolent/benign dictatorship is a more appropriate form of governing than illegitimate democracy, in Thailand!!!!

Thank you Prayuth for proving me right.

I note that Thaivisa is understandably being very cautious regards which articles it posts, even when it comes to The Nation etc. So I won't link to it but there was an interesting article in the NYT yesterday regarding this, with some comments from farmers in Issan. I suspect it depends on the political leanings they already held, but I suspect many farmers aren't holding the last govt solely responsible for the lack of payment - which is right, because the lack of payment hiterto now was caused both by PT incompetence and politicking from the PDRC and its allies. Anyway, good they've been paid. I wonder if the junta plans to continue the scheme? Seems like they're caught between a rock and a hard place on that one, given what happened when PT tried to lower the pledging price to 12k.

Regarding the non-payments, my argument has always been that if the PTP had done the right thing by the farmers the money would have been paid out long before Suthep came along. And provision should have been made for further payments before they dissolved government.

Seems they did not really care about the rice farmers, once they had their votes.

It would seem that propaganda has been succesfull. There are farmers who believe the Yingluck government, Pheu Thai MPs and UDD leaders saying or even stating that they really wanted to pay, but those pesky fascist, yellow shirt, amart loving, Suthep mob blocked it.

Nothing changes, I understand lots of people still believe the doctored 2009 tape with Abhisit saying "kill me some".

Please note
Extraordinary events are taking place once again, and it is important that this venue remains a source of reliable and accurate information so that those needing information to keep their families safe and informed are able to do so without finding a forum cluttered up with senseless fighting, rumours and speculation.
For the time being we will have a zero tolerance policy towards:
- Abusive behaviour towards others.
- Rumour mongering, speculation, or other inflammatory posts.
- Political lobbying or propaganda of any kind.
- Abusing the report system.
Posts in violation will be deleted without comment and posting rights removed.
It is time to set aside your bickering and arguments and help keep others informed. We thank you in advance for your co-operation.
Thank You
/Admin

I would love to see this policy in effect 24/7/365. Thank you for implementing!

lets hope they will not spend it all in one day/week/month, but saving is not something thai ...

if plating rice is not worth the money, even losing money, why they still do it ?

if nobody would plant rice and give back the lease to the masters in bangkok, how long would it take to lower the yearly rents ?

Its amazing how fast the things are happening since the coup, clearing away all the damage done by the PTP. Wish they could be held personally accountable for interest for the farmers that had to loan money.

Well done, without this intervention of the military the farmers would have to wait for ages.

That could very well happen in the future.