NACC to inquire 4 witnesses linked in the rice pledging program

webfact

Busted and you can't be trusted! Hope you get what's coming to you and all your friends. This coup is to clean all the bad and corrupt people and bring them to justice. Well done general.

I have never been through a coup here in Thailand. Heard lot's about the last one and it seems to me that all thee army did was throw the bums out and touch up the 1997 constitution.

Did they prosecute any one like they are doing now. I know Thaksin faced charges after the Army had left the scene.

Is this coup going to be the first one to actually investigate corruption and put people on trial for it?

The truth keeps coming out and the PTP keep denying, blaming or changing their story. Or as some do, state facts that relate to something different and call the other person a liar? [/font][/size]

22 April 2014 "The Public Warehouse Organization (PWO) has reaffirmed there was reaffirms-there-is-no-rice-missing-from-public-warehouses/]no pledged rice missing[/url][/u] from the warehouse as the opposition has claimed" (Notice the word reaffirmed. So this was the second time they have stated that "No rice is missing. I would have thought a double check would suffice

This is why it does not however suffice. Look at the "get out of jail free card" in the same article - "the finding was merely an initial investigation, and needed to be cross-checked by two more fact finding committees appointed by the PWO and the Commerce Ministry" (The PWO and Commerce ministry are infested by friends and relatives of thaksin )[/font][/size]

Now back to reality and truth telling;[/font][/size]

28 May 2014 - 3 million tons found missing. The PWO response - "the lot had been pulled out for bleaching and delivery"[/font][/size]

After 2 years 9 months and 2 days in office it has been concluded that 500 billion baht has been lost & 3 million tons of rice stolen from the rice scam which means that for every HOUR yingluck was PM she lost 20.8 million baht & 12,500 kgs of rice... thats PER HOUR! That's the rice committee chairman.

As we post the spin doctors are busy at their spinning wheels. To bad they are no good at the job. Going to be some jail time this time.

• Like 1

" He explained that the lot had been pulled out for bleaching and delivery "

Bleaching!!!!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That is serious money laundering

So ALL rice is bleached. Is that what your saying?

Umm on investigation it would seem not!

White rice is the name given to milled rice that has had its husk, bran, and germ removed. This alters the flavour, texture and appearance of the rice and helps prevent spoilage and extend its storage life. After milling, the rice is polished, resulting in a seed with a bright, white, shiny appearance

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rice bleaching is an industry term for polishing.

White rice is bleached only in the seed stage, bleach is used as an antifungal on the seed which if left untreated could damage the entire rice crop.

It is good to see NACC finally taking actions. Had it done so (or been able to do so) last year before Suthep taking to the streets, their findings would have taken on a lot more credibility. Now, any of the accused and their supporters could easily brush them off as politically motivated, and the international community would certainly suspect the neutrality and truthfulness of NACC.

I also hope they would investigate all the charges in one go, unlike last time dealing with only one land sales case only.