which phone? S5

h90

I think I should buy a new phone.....this is what I think....please correct me if I am wrong or if you ave a better idea:

What I need:

good as telephon: signal is very weak in the office, often speak with people I don't understand well so the sound should be clear and loud

GPS so I can keep my garmin at home

OK camera on the back side

Android

What I would like:

sub 20K price

MicroSD

screen sub 5 inch, but big enough to read some EBook when the tablet isn't with me and to have meaningful GPS

sound of the headphones loud

long battery life

mainstream phone so if there is a problem you find the solution on the internet as 10.000 others have the same problem

2GB Ram to be on the safer side

At the end I came to Samsung S5. It is a bit too big and too expensive but everything else is OK.

HTC M8 has a bad camera. I don't buy Sony products (as they wanted to sue me a long time ago).

I saw it everywhere for 23.800 or are there cheaper sources?

I don't like the Samsung modification and I read with the S5 they know when you install a customs rom and you don't have any warranty anymore.

If you have a customs rom and the button to turn the phone on fails you are out of luck....right?

Or anyone can recommend something different?

Try the Nokia Lumia. Quality of Samsung leaves a lot to be desired.

Not android but has significant benefits in that the camera is clearer. Better quality pics.

Does not need to be restarted as the samsungs

Better security.. This is on cdnet

Battery lasts longer than they state. I use mine all day with business, email, apps and so forth

Cheaper!!

No dramas after 15 months thus far.

Downside. Is not as manybapos for chat, connecting.

Line Facebook. Etc all easy as

I went from,iPhone to Samsung s2 to s3 to Samsung galaxy because Samsung game me new phones as I kept getting issues they could not fix.

Now no issues.

Also the charging unit on samsungs kept giving problems.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Try the Nokia Lumia. Quality of Samsung leaves a lot to be desired.

Not android but has significant benefits in that the camera is clearer. Better quality pics.

Does not need to be restarted as the samsungs

Better security.. This is on cdnet

Battery lasts longer than they state. I use mine all day with business, email, apps and so forth

Cheaper!!

No dramas after 15 months thus far.

Downside. Is not as manybapos for chat, connecting.

Line Facebook. Etc all easy as

I went from,iPhone to Samsung s2 to s3 to Samsung galaxy because Samsung game me new phones as I kept getting issues they could not fix.

Now no issues.

Also the charging unit on samsungs kept giving problems.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

I think my old Symbian Nokia was in many details way better than the Android phones I see now.

But I don't like the idea of having a Microsoft phone much. Also now I am already used to Android so I don't want to experiment with another system.

But thanks for the answer.

good as telephon: signal is very weak in the office, often speak with people I don't understand well so the sound should be clear and loud

This would seem to be your primary requirement as you listed it first. Maybe chat with others in your office to match up service provider(s) and acceptable models? That is to say, which models perform acceptably for other people in your office, and then maybe choose one of those?

It seems like the SGS5 is OK for you except for the size, price and bloatware?

There are many, many, many comparison sites available but I think you need to prioritize your requirements:

good audio quality

works well with your current provider

has a screen size closer to 4.5"

costs less than 20,000 baht

so it should be relaitviely easy to identify a goup of five or so models, then sort out what's actually available here. In the end it may be that you really only have one or two options?

I don't buy Sony products (as they wanted to sue me a long time ago)

... this is a story I'd like to hear, if you're ok to tell it

It is 10+ years ago Sony had a lot people, often kids pay 20.000 Euro and keep it secret or get sued for 500.000. It was related to their game consoles.

Don't want to tell me and don't want to wake up any old ghosts, but surely I won't buy any products from them anymore.

I'm waiting for this

http://blog.htc.com/2014/05/introducing-htc-one-mini-2/

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_mini_2_now_for_sale_in_the_uk-news-8643.php

4.5” Super LCD2 display with 720 x 1280 resolution,

a quad-core 1.2GHz processor with 1GB, and 16GB internal storage with a microSD card slot that supports up to 128GB cards.

The One Mini 2’s camera is 13MP

Didn't you JUST buy a new phone?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think roughly a year ago, maybe less I bought a GT-S5310B

It was cheap but it is not so good. When there is poor reception, it changes to another provider "Emergency calls only" and never switch back even in an place where the signal is perfect. Unless you manual search or turn it off/on.

Display is also bad.....

I didn't found a different rom for it. So I give up on it.

This would seem to be your primary requirement as you listed it first. Maybe chat with others in your office to match up service provider(s) and acceptable models? That is to say, which models perform acceptably for other people in your office, and then maybe choose one of those?

It seems like the SGS5 is OK for you except for the size, price and bloatware?

There are many, many, many comparison sites available but I think you need to prioritize your requirements:

good audio quality

works well with your current provider

has a screen size closer to 4.5"

costs less than 20,000 baht

so it should be relaitviely easy to identify a goup of five or so models, then sort out what's actually available here. In the end it may be that you really only have one or two options?

other people in the office all have S4, S5, maybe S6 or Apple phones on Android.....All fake copies for 3000 Baht, as one in the office sells themw00t.gif

Look 100 % original from outside but everything inside is cheapo...

Didn't you JUST buy a new phone?

I think roughly a year ago, maybe less I bought a GT-S5310B

It was cheap but it is not so good. When there is poor reception, it changes to another provider "Emergency calls only" and never switch back even in an place where the signal is perfect. Unless you manual search or turn it off/on.

Display is also bad.....

I didn't found a different rom for it. So I give up on it.

OK my bad .. mistook you for someone else.

I've had an iPhone5 for the past year - Jailbroken with loads of apps etc, everything I needed. But I was getting tired of the small screen.

Looking for a larger screen and a quality phone I settled on HTC one... I sold it 2 months later. I was not impressed, Comms with my Mac were awful (blame Apple). I didn't like the User Interface, which I changed, but I never got to grips or felt comfortable, buttons in the wrong paces etc...

I bought the Samsung S5 and am now very satisfied... Screen Size is great. The covers were a little plasticy, however I also purchased the S Cover, which is an electronic cover with a screen viewing window (it adds to the quality of the feel).

So: As a consumer who's used a few different phones... I suggest that for Screensize, functionality and quality - The Samsung S5 is a good phone.

If Apple / iPhone come out with a Larger Screen I imagine that will compete strongly with the S5.