Australian drugged and robbed on Pattaya Beach

webfact

Australian drugged and robbed on Pattaya Beach

PATTAYA: -- On Wednesday Night a 46 year old Australian reported a suspected case of drugging and robbery which began on Pattaya Beach.

An Australian reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station late on Wednesday Night and explained that early on Wednesday Morning, around 6.30am, he went to Pattaya Beach to exercise and opposite the entrance to Soi 4 he encountered two Ladyboy’s who reportedly offered him a drink.

He accepted the offer and then claimed he fell unconscious and remembered nothing until he woke up in Hospital some hours later.

The complainant claimed that a gold necklace worth approximately 80,000 Baht, 500 Australian Dollars, a set of headphones, a Dictaphone and a MacBook, had been stolen from his room.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/129757/australian-drugged-and-robbed-on-pattaya-beach/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-29

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The exercise bit mixed in with accepting a drink from two transformers (5555) and then ending up in his room sure sounds awkward.

Sounds a little too pat for me. Me thinks he went out looking for a little ladyboy action (probably the nite before) and not being experienced in such matters, picked up a little more than he could handle. Doesn't look any worse for wear, assuming the story is true, and he's hopefully a wiser tourist now.

• Like 2

No mention of where his room was, but with expensive jewelry you would expect a 3 star + place

This mean 24 hr front desk and security camera

No 5 star + would allow lady boys to access the entrance to hotel rooms unless accompanied by a Farang

and of coarse a security cam would have him exiting and returning, plus any other person in that time slot

Hotel usually ask you to live you key at the front desk, so to not do so would be negligent as far as the insurance company are concerned

exercising with a note book sounds a bit strange

and if you exersizing you would be carrying a bottle of water so why except a drink

Not normally lady boys on the beach at that time of the morning as the picking are none existant

should be an easy job for the Thai police to work this one out

• Like 1

Carrying a lot of gear for someone who is going to the beach to exercise. Hope his insurance company don't think he is trying to defraud them.

EDIT: ahhh my bad. I missed the part about it being ripped from his room.

He wasn't carrying the stuff on him, it was taken from his room. He obviously brought them back there.

My mistake...I see you spotted it after........sorry.

Edited by dotpoom

This story sounds bogus as hell. I exercise in the mornings when in Pattaya but why would I accept a drink from ladyboys? Or anyone else for that matter?

Even if it was Gatorade and the ladyboys were hot?

Men dressed in women's clothing aren't hot. Just my opinion tho.

• Like 1

Seems that he had a spare necklace to wear when he went to report the incident at the police station.

They must have missed that one when the ladyboys turned over his room. Looks as though it could be about 3 baht as well.

Let's hope that Buddha gives him more protection if he goes out running again tomorrow.

(Accepting drinks from strangers is somewhat naive)

/quote]

Touche, doesnt everyone carry a spare necklace, hope the Insurance Company does not read Thai Visa. One can only hope the ladybosys were good looking!!!

One thing I don't get is : did he tell those ladyboys his hotel name and room number before or after he passed out ?

Another thing I don't get is : Pattaya has, to say the least, a sulfurous reputation. When I tell my Western friends that I live here there's always a moment of shock and hesitation, like they're trying to decide if they should continue to talk to me or run away in horror.

So.... is this Aussie bloke the only one in the world who doesn't know that :

1/ Pattaya beach is not Disneyland

2/ Ladyboys are not angels

3/ Drinks is where drugs are usually put in by ill-intentioned people around here ?