Thai Work Permit/Visa

My Thai girlfriend is in the process of registering her business (selling sugar).

She informs me that when the business is set up she will be able to employ me and give me a work permit. Is it really that simple?

I am a UK citizen currently in Bangkok with a tourist visa.

It depends on what kind of business she registers, if she registers a sole proprietorship (ie in her name only with no shareholders) our experience has been that the Bangkok Labor Office will not issue a work permit.

What they want to see is a Thai Limited Company with three shareholders of which Thais must be majority owners and four Thai employees, the business must have a registered capital (ie registered shares) of 2 million baht as well.

If she sets up this kind of structure then you can get a non-B visa and apply for a work permit to work at her company, there is a minimum salary that you must pay taxes on as well.

If you and your girlfriend want to come in and talk to someone about this more fully please send a personal message and we can set up a free initial consultation to go over the options

[sunbeltlegal][/sunbeltlegal]