Validity / enter before date of tourist visa

Hello all

Does anyone know what the validity is of a double entry tourist visa ? I.e my date of issue was 19/02/14 and the enter before date is 18/05/14

What I don't understand is if I activated my first visa on 20/02/14 and then paid for a 30 dat extension it reads like I would not be able to activate my second visa as I would have exceeded the enter before date.

Thanks for any sensible replies

Mark

The 'enter before' date applies regardless of anything else. I learned that the hard way on a multiple entry visa many years ago. Even if you have not maxed out your current extension of stay, make sure you do an entry just before that 'enter before' date or the whole thing turns into Cinderella's pumpkin.

You just have to leave a few days before the extension runs out. You probably would of lost about 3 days is my guess.

Thanks joe

It still appears a bit unclear about the validity of the visa , all it says is enter before , therefor technically you've entered before that date for you're first visa , so why can't you continue to use second visa ?

I've read before that a triple entry can be made to last 9 months with the 30 extensions but how would that be possible ?

I'm not trying to be argumentive joe and I respect all you're advice but I'm still a bit unsure how it all works !

You just have to leave a few days before the extension runs out. You probably would of lost about 3 days is my guess.

Thanks joe

It still appears a bit unclear about the validity of the visa , all it says is enter before , therefor technically you've entered before that date for you're first visa , so why can't you continue to use second visa ?

I've read before that a triple entry can be made to last 9 months with the 30 extensions but how would that be possible ?

I'm not trying to be argumentive joe and I respect all you're advice but I'm still a bit unsure how it all works !

Enter before is for both entries, not just the first.

There is nothing stopping you getting a 30 day extension on the first 60 day entry then going to the border for your second entry on any date up to your 'Enter Before' date.

Clear?

Ok thanks everyone for you're replies , the actual question was for a friend of mine who's visa dates are different to the ones I stated and it appears it is to late for him !

Once again much appreciated

Mark