How much longer must I wait for an everest?

Will we see these on Thai roads end of this year or will it be Q1 2015, not so much as a mouse fart from ford about this car or what the interiors will look like.

I was told at the show that the car represented only a basic concept,

Looks pretty finished to me if they are driving the thing.

2014-Ford-Endeavour-Everest-2.jpg

Yes I considered the trailblazer and mux but cannot get a comfortable position, prefer the mux style to be honest but was dissapointed the interiors werent much better than a 4 door pickup,

New vigo, triton still no sign of them. Heard the navara ppv and xtrail was supposed to be available this year.

Ford dealer was saying deposits could be put down on everest the end of this year and deliverary would be early 2015 but this may not be true.

Shame they reveal a car and drive it only to have it be more dated by the time it becomes available.

How long is a piece of string?

You're asking about a new Ford model - that's fair comment tongue.png

The car has been publicly displayed a couple of times before, including in Thailand BTW. There's much better photos of it about.. and camouflaging the test mule makes zero sense smile.png

Edited by IMHO

• 5 months later...

I just saw this on the U.S. Car and Driver website today, I am hoping to get on when they come out.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/fords-new-everest-is-the-rugged-seven-seat-off-roader-we-want-but-cant-have/

Ford just unveiled a rugged yet right-sized off-roader, a body-on-frame seven-seater with EcoBoost turbo or torquey diesel power and an available six-speed manual transmission. The 2015 Everest is the perfect vehicle for folks who value rough country prowess over cute-ute deception. Provided, of course, those folks live in China, Australia, New Zealand, or basically anywhere that’s not the U.S. or Europe. Dammit.

The Ford Everest’s spec sheet is tantalizing for off-road nerds. Body-on-frame construction, a solid rear axle, and a real locking transfer case with a true low range give this truck all the bona fides that have kept Jeep in business with the rock-crawling set. Meanwhile, a high-tech Terrain Management System offers street, sand, snow, and off-road settings, managing throttle response, torque vectoring, and hill control like the systems found in pricey Land Rovers. An electronic-locking rear diff and digital displays for vehicle pitch and roll round out the off-road equipment.

Petrolheads can option the Everest with the 2.0-liter EcoBoost turbo four-banger we know from the Ford Fusion, while diesel geeks can choose from a 2.2-liter four or a 3.2-liter five-cylinder turbo oil burner. Either diesel can be matched to an honest-to-God six-speed stick or the six-speed auto from the F-series pickup. It’s a far cry from Ford’s U.S.-market body-on-frame seven-seater, the ponderously large and not at all off-road oriented Expedition. Size-wise, the Everest is roughly commensurate with the front-drive-based, unibody Explorer we get in the U.S.

So who gets to play with all this off-road goodness? Starting in 2015, the Everest will be available in China, Australia, New Zealand, India, and Southeast Asia. Later next year, the vehicle will expand to Sub-Saharan Africa and South Africa.