What the fork are these from?

CBR 150 Project continues (Project thread to be updated!)

I now have the USD forks off the donor bike but they are in need of some attention and I'm thinking that it may be easier to just buy some more rather than repair.

Either way, repair or replace like for like, I need to find out what bike they were originally from.

I was hoping after a clean that I would see some identification markings, at least a Brand, but no, there is nothing anywhere!

Anyone recognize these?

20140530_195913.jpg

20140530_195954.jpg

20140530_195931.jpg

20140530_195944.jpg

• Like 1

overanout, i could not find the same fork again.

And really not sure which bike it is from.

But it is not hard to repair it as i remember you can get a new spring set for cheap.

If you decide to not repair and replace I'll put my hand up for them. they would look great on my SR400.

but i remember they are only 31 mm. not small for your sr400?

Thanks for the info.

All the forks suggested so far have lugs on the leading edge for a mudguard mount, but mine do not and they have not been cut either.

My guess is that they are from a scooter or aftermarket.

Unfortunately they are, as I said, needing quite a lot of attention. The seals need replacing and that will obviously require identifying the forks, but also the chrome is pitted so they would have to be rechromed (I know there are places that could do this but...) one of them is bent. Of course, bent things can be straightened (its only slight), but I'm going to need a real expert to get these forks to be useable again....

Anyone know a Bangkok suspension house that might take it on?

Ahhhh yep 31mm is too small. they look bigger in the pic.

My 250 has 41mm so I think 31 would be OK for a 150. I think SR400 forks are 35mm!

O&O Have you been to the Poosub market in Pathumtani? There will be probably be exactly what you want there! Happy to accompany you there if you want then I can return your compression tester!

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1

I agree with your conclusion on the origin! I was just thinking that a trawl round the automotive markets round here might be in order, then I saw Vocalneal's post!!

Edited by Overandout

Ahhhh yep 31mm is too small. they look bigger in the pic.

My 250 has 41mm so I think 31 would be OK for a 150. I think SR400 forks are 35mm!

O&O Have you been to the Poosub market in Pathumtani? There will be probably be exactly what you want there! Happy to accompany you there if you want then I can return your compression tester!

No I have not. But I'd be more than happy to take up your offer. I'll send you an SMS at some point, thanks.

Those fork tops (which allow the original Honda top yoke to be used) are threaded onto the upper tube by a fairly standard looking thread and the seals on those look OK, so I could be OK just getting some replacements with the same outside diameter (so as to re-use the lower yoke), same length, and same thread for the tops.

• Like 1