Internet glitches tonight / 3bb and Sinet / Chiang Mai

hobz

Hi guys,

Just want to report that BOTH my 3BB connection AND my sinet connection have problems tonight.

I have dual internet connections, and I'm having to keep switching between them tonight because they both are unreliable.

For just a few minutes my sinet connection was displaying some kind of "wifi direct" page.

And my 3bb connection does not allow me to connect to sites using SSL (encryption) or to allow me to connect to my ec2 servers using SSH (encryption).

I'm guessing that the providers are complying to new junta orders about restricting access to certain content (facebook). And that is what is causing these glitches tonight.

I'm pretty savvy with computers (probably an understatement) and I'm pretty sure this is not a problem on my end.

But I imagine that I'm not alone in experiencing glitches tonight,, anyone else have some downtime / problems with ssl / ssh,, being displayed "wifi direct".. etc?

It's all working for me. SSL, SSH, SFTP, etc.

3BB Hua Hin

I have noticed one difference in the last week. My connection resets more often now than it did before so someone has changed something with the IP 'lease' times.

I think it's resetting about twice a day now whereas before it generally didn't reset at all, if I left the router turned on the IP stayed the same.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1