Tips for getting Double Entry Tourist Visa from Vientiane?

I'm going to Laos in a few days to get a Double Entry Tourist Visa - at least, I hope I will get it. I have 1 previous double entry tourist visa from Vientiane in my passport, 1 single entry tourist visa from Penang, and some visa exempt stamps.

In the past, I have just presented my passport with the application, and received my visa without any difficulty. But maybe things are different now in the light of the crackdown on visas. Am I suppposed to bring things such as bank statements, large amounts of cash (20,000 baht) etc to support my application? Or is it likely that I will just be given the visa anyway?

I was in the Vientiane consulate on Wednesday. I wasn't getting a tourist visa but the guy who I travelled from the border with was and he was told he couldn't have a double entry only a single entry. I wasn't getting a tourist visa so I didn't take much notice.

Like ubonjoe says might be good to have bank statement, bit of an itinerary showing you are going over to Angkor wat for 2 nights then back to thailand etc so need the double entry.

The bridge is fully open. The consulate wasn't busy submitting at 09:30 or picking up at 13:30. 15 minutes each time and all done.

People being denied double-entry tourist visas and then receiving single-entry instead probably have had multiple back-to-back double-entry tourist visas issued by the same embassy. That, or the lady behind the glass just didn't like them.

Usually they tell you why your application is downgraded.

Sometimes they're unhelpful and rude.

Spouse: I arrived 10:50, they stop taking applications 11:30. But as Long as you get your queue number it was OK and they took applications until 1:30 pm.

I would advise getting there as early as possible. If you come there between 11 - 11:30 you might not get a queue number.

The day after you will pick up and get a new queue number. So arrive early 1:30 day after too.