Car Checkup For Tax Payment ?

manzd

Hi

My car is more than 7 years old and it seems I need to check up my car to pay the car tax. Do any of you know of any garages nearby Sukhumvit (Asoke) or ratchadapisek road. Is there any site in English which lists the authorised garages for check up ?

Any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks lot

-Manz

I reckon your best bet will be to take your long-haired dictionary (or if you're like me, your wife :D ) to the motor tax office. They are certain to have a list of testing stations, don't expect it to be in English though :o

I must admit, I just let my local garage man sort it, he deals with the insurance as well. All for a small donation to the SanSom fund :D

Sorry I don't have an address for you, but the testing stations are all over the place and are far better than bringing your car down to the government center. I have my car checked and then for a very minimal fee (so minimal I can't remember, but 100, 150 Baht?) they take care of the registration book, etc. and return it the next day.

I forgot the name of the garage, but drive down Sukh. Soi 15, pass the little Soi coming from your right ex Asoke. You will see a sign 'Shiva-Towers', 100 m on to your right is the garage entrance. Quite a big place, you cannot miss it. Bring your blue book(car registration) and tell them what you want., Takes 10-15 min and less than Baht 200.

Sorry I don't have an address for you, but the testing stations are all over the place and are far better than bringing your car down to the government center. I have my car checked and then for a very minimal fee (so minimal I can't remember, but 100, 150 Baht?) they take care of the registration book, etc. and return it the next day.

Thanks for the specific info dude :-).

I reckon your best bet will be to take your long-haired dictionary (or if you're like me, your wife :D ) to the motor tax office. They are certain to have a list of testing stations, don't expect it to be in English though :o

I must admit, I just let my local garage man sort it, he deals with the insurance as well. All for a small donation to the SanSom fund :D

Crossy, you are so funny. I love that: "long-haired dictionary".

I forgot the name of the garage, but drive down Sukh. Soi 15, pass the little Soi coming from your right ex Asoke. You will see a sign 'Shiva-Towers', 100 m on to your right is the garage entrance. Quite a big place, you cannot miss it. Bring your blue book(car registration) and tell them what you want., Takes 10-15 min and less than Baht 200.

Axel - Thanks for the info. The location is quite convenient to me ;-)