H.D.M.I. Splitter.

nickha

Hi Nicka, Yes I have 2 that i bought thinking i could connect

2 pcs to 1 monitor,but they don't work for that application,

but can be used to connect other stuff like DVD s,Music,

etc,etc, to a HDMI outlet/inlet, say you have a telly with

1 HDMI oulet, you can use this splitter to connect up to 3

devices to the TV, its like the one Chicog posted above.

but not exactly the same, its made by Duronic and has

loads of excellent reviews on Amazon uk., just want

bht 250 bht each for them,never got to use them.

PM me if interested

regards worgeordie

Heres a photo of the HDMI splitter

regards Worgeordie

That isn't a Splitter. It's a Switch.

Splitters are to split one input into multiple outputs.

OK Chicoq, shows how much i know,

regards worgeordie

Phantip also has what I guess you would call a reverse splitter. It will put four feeds onto one TV Screen, each one occupying a box on the screen, The owner of the shop uses it for his three security cameras. One box is, of course, blank.

Phantip also has what I guess you would call a reverse splitter. It will put four feeds onto one TV Screen, each one occupying a box on the screen, The owner of the shop uses it for his three security cameras. One box is, of course, blank.

No, it's called a Switch and worgeordie posted a picture of one above.

You can get 2-1, 3-1, 4-1 and even 5-1 switches for peanuts.

I thought that switches allowed you to route the output from one of four or five devices (eg. a DVD player) to one input on a monitor or a TV. The device that I am talking about takes the feed from four devices and puts them on the screen of on monitor or TV, each taking up one-fourth of the screen.. I have lots of switches lying around. None of them works reliably.

I thought that switches allowed you to route the output from one of four or five devices (eg. a DVD player) to one input on a monitor or a TV. The device that I am talking about takes the feed from four devices and puts them on the screen of on monitor or TV, each taking up one-fourth of the screen.. I have lots of switches lying around. None of them works reliably.

That's still a switch, but with multiview capability.

Just for switches, I've been using the Kinivo ones and they are pretty reliable. There's an occasional bit of fizz when you switch from a SD to an HD source but it only lasts a second or so.

In fact I've just noticed they do a 4x2 which is great for me, I can have one picture on the projector and another on the telly. Excellent for football!

Edited by Chicog

Chicog: Thanks for the clarificarion. None of my 4:1 switches have any brand on them. They just say " HDMI Switch ST01" and they all malfunction. I think that I bought them from Amazon Japan (I'm back in Tokyo now for the summer and to escape the effects of the coup d'etat. My hotel is right near the corner of Ploenchit and Rachadamri where all of the protesting seems to go on.) Where did you buy your kinivo switches? I'd like to buy some reliable ones!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI there i 3 HDMI devices

A splitter: one input, multiple outputs, from 2 to 32

A switch, multiple inputs and one output signal..multiple out ports are possible, just all the same.

A Matrix, Multiple in and multiple out (more expensive of course).

I got a 4 input/2 output matrix from Panthip, comes with a tiny remote 3,800B, made in chine, no brand name but it works well.

the bigger Matrix available elsewhere (not Thailand) for over a thousand bucks.... 6 input 6 output.

I hope this helps with your entertainment setup planning.

Edited by piewarmer