Money Limits To Thailand

Hello all, I'm more of a lurker than a poster so please be gentle if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

What I want to know is whether there are any limits to the amount of money being sent to Thailand from abroad? Either for personal finances (ie sending to a friend/relative/property purchase) or for business purposes (ie buying a business or property) Will the method of transfer affect any limit imposed (ie Wire Transfer, SWIFT payment etc)? And is there any forms or notifications to any authorities that need to be completed. :o

Daily/weekly/monthly limits are generally imposed by your gov't, and then secondly by your bank. I don't think LOS will care how much money you bring in, although I believe they have rules governing how much you can transport in a suitcase.

Edited by Gumballl

Hello all, I'm more of a lurker than a poster so please be gentle if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search but couldn't find anything.

What I want to know is whether there are any limits to the amount of money being sent to Thailand from abroad? Either for personal finances (ie sending to a friend/relative/property purchase) or for business purposes (ie buying a business or property) Will the method of transfer affect any limit imposed (ie Wire Transfer, SWIFT payment etc)? And is there any forms or notifications to any authorities that need to be completed. :o

No limits, even in a suitcase :D Your own country may have notification limits under their own Anti-money laundering laws. Any amount over 2 million baht will be reported to the Thai Anti-Money Laundering Office, and you may be investigated. If transfer from your own account where you live, to own account in Thailand, unlikely.

I can realy see any bank or government saying "No you can not bring that legally earned money here!" :o

If you are bringing money into Thailand, and chose to do it through a legitimate source, get a foreign exchange certificate from the people doing the transfer. This will help when it is time to take the money out. You may never use it but it is worth having just in case.

PLEASE READ THIS ..........IN BANKOK POST TODAY

US regulators have ordered Bangkok Bank's New York office to temporarily halt wire transfers and demand drafts pending the improvement of compliance with US anti-money-laundering laws.

PLEASE READ THIS ..........IN BANKOK POST TODAY

US regulators have ordered Bangkok Bank's New York office to temporarily halt wire transfers and demand drafts pending the improvement of compliance with US anti-money-laundering laws.

Scaremongering. :o This apparently only applies to transfers initiated at the NYC branch. Normal SWIFT transfer are not affected.

TH