Heavy rains set to lash most parts of Thailand

webfact

Heavy rains set to lash most parts of the country

BANGKOK, 2 June 2014 (NNT) – Thunderstorms are expected across all regions of Thailand as monsoons are rolling in from the Southwest.

The Meteorological Department reported that during June 3-5, southwesterly winds will prevail over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand, bringing rain to nearly all parts of the country.

Most Southern provinces including Surat Thani, Yala, Phuket and Phatthalung will be hit by rain storms. Strong winds in the Andaman Sea are expected to generate waves up to 2-meters high.

Parts of Bangkok and its vicinity will experience rain showers, with the average temperatures continuing to rise.

Thailand’s rainy season is now expected to begin in early June after the onset was delayed from Mid-May.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-02 footer_n.gif

weather forecasts for all Thai provinces: http://weather.thaivisa.com

• Like 1

Whoop whoop, gonna go tell my fish right now...

They are soooooooooo thirsty..!!

You really ought to give them some water now and again. It's good for their health, you know. ;)

I would if we had any !! My pond is pretty much the lowest I have ever seen it, luckily cat fish and snake head are durable little fellas. Hope some survive until it pours...

Gonna rain dreckly, yes I am Cornish :)

• Like 1

Gotta hand it to the General. Not only can he restore order, clean up the police, tackle corruption, actually have people arrested and bring peace to Thailand but it seems he even managed to delay the rainy season until everyone was ready. The man is a miracle worker.

I wonder if he'd fancy a month in Brazil in charge of the England team?

A month in charge of the FA and FIFA would be good.

Bring on the rain ...... pleeeeeeeze.

• Like 2

Up here north of Chiang Mai we have had the wettest summer I remember in eight years. Last two years we had to water the lawn like crazy, but this year we broke out the hose about four times. Today, the Mae Taeng River is running very, very high from the rains over the past few days. No shortage of water up here!

• Like 2

Thailand enters rainy season now

2014-06-02_TopChart_07-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand is now entering the rainy season with all parts expecting 40-60% of areas hit by sporadic thunders and rainstorms beginning June 3.

The Meteorological Department forecasts thunders and rains across all regions of Thailand as monsoon wind blows in from the southwest bringing in blankets of clouds to cover the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand.

This will result in thunders and sporadic rains in 40% of areas in the
North, Northeast, East, Central and Bangkok, and 60% of areas in the east and west coasts of the South, beginning tomorrow until June 5.

Most southern provinces including Surat Thani, Yala, Phuket and Phatthalung will be hit by rain storms. Strong waves of 1-2 metres high are expected in the Andaman Sea

Parts of Bangkok and its vicinity will experience rain showers, with the average temperatures of 34-36 degrees Celsius in the afternoon with thunder rainstorm covering 40% of areas from June 3-5.

Thailand’s rainy season normally starts mid May but this year it came late until early June.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thailand-enters-rainy-season-now/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-06-02

I have been hearing we are going to get rains for the past 3 weeks, but have yet to see any significant amount of rain. I guess sooner or later they are bound to get it right.

my husband has just phoned his friend michael fish ..says he,s never got a forecast wrong..ever.....

• Like 2

Whoop whoop, gonna go tell my fish right now...

They are soooooooooo thirsty..!!

You really ought to give them some water now and again. It's good for their health, you know. wink.png

I would if we had any !! My pond is pretty much the lowest I have ever seen it, luckily cat fish and snake head are durable little fellas. Hope some survive until it pours...

Gonna rain dreckly, yes I am Cornish smile.png

it was the name carlos that was the dead giveaway to me...whistling.gif we lived in grampound/truro years ago..we know what your like...keep it in the family....they looked at me like i was wierd.back then...pot kettle..some of us have travelled...beautiful county though..somtam pasties were thin on the ground though..

Edited by GoodThaiGirl

Gotta hand it to the General. Not only can he restore order, clean up the police, tackle corruption, actually have people arrested and bring peace to Thailand but it seems he even managed to delay the rainy season until everyone was ready. The man is a miracle worker.

I agree. Someone had to step in.

I know that many will not agree, but at least now there is "someone" actually doing something.

The other clowns had their chance and many warnings.

This is a clean up act to try to restore some some balance and order.

Did it have to take the Military to do it? Most certainly. Otherwise what?

He is a "Miracle Worker" .... in my opinion.

Watch video below.

• Like 2

Nobody is that good.

Up here north of Chiang Mai we have had the wettest summer I remember in eight years. Last two years we had to water the lawn like crazy, but this year we broke out the hose about four times. Today, the Mae Taeng River is running very, very high from the rains over the past few days. No shortage of water up here!

I thought summer in the northern hemisphere started yesterday. Obviously it's bucketed down since then.............

Lucky you.In Hang Dong,south, we have had rain but missed out on the really heavier falls,its so location unpredictable,no doubt it is coming.I noticed yesterday the Ping River is well up so guess up stream you have been getting far more than us.I guess soon we will be commenting about flooding.