Need Priest/or Family Systems Counselor

Dodeskaden

Young farang working in Chiang Mai received very disturbing news from home. Unfortunately sworn to secrecy. (family secrets :o )

Isolated about this and desperately needs to talk...think through...strategize and get some perspective.

So if anybody can offer or recommend someone who might be available would you please sms or call 01-531-3154?

Many thanks.

:D

Young farang working in Chiang Mai received very disturbing news from home. Unfortunately sworn to secrecy. (family secrets :o )

Isolated about this and desperately needs to talk...think through...strategize and get some perspective.

So if anybody can offer or recommend someone who might be available would you please sms or call 01-531-3154?

Many thanks.

You can probably find an English speaking priest, if not a Farang priest, at the large Catholic church on Charoen Prathet Rd just south of downtown along the west side of the Ping River. I am not of the Cathlolic persuasion, but I have far more respect for the Catholic missionaries I have met in Thailand over the years than for those missionaries of the Protestant persuasions.

Many thanks.

You can probably find an English speaking priest, if not a Farang priest, at the large Catholic church on Charoen Prathet Rd just south of downtown along the west side of the Ping River. I am not of the Cathlolic persuasion, but I have far more respect for the Catholic missionaries I have met in Thailand over the years than for those missionaries of the Protestant persuasions.

Although I think the lot of them are misdirected at best.......I agree with you Johpa that the CM catholics appear to be a bit more 'sympthetic' than the protestants ....especially that spurious lot across from, and affiliated with, the Mc Cormick Hospital.

...Ken

Fully agree about the Catholics being the best - by far - of all the priests and missionaries here. Father Murphy, in particular, deserves beatification!

If a priest is not what is required, try a good, English speaking doctor. Dr Phairat Pruksachatkunakorn is American trained and recently retired as Professor of psychiatry at CMU. A close personal friend of mine, I greatly recommend him.

He is at: - Huai Kaew Polyclinic - 053 223 060 / 053 226 200 - 113 Huai Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50200 (Open from 6pm to 8pm daily except Sunday. Sunday open 9am to 5pm.)

Fully agree about the Catholics being the best - by far - of all the priests and missionaries here. Father Murphy, in particular, deserves beatification!

If a priest is not what is required, try a good, English speaking doctor. Dr Phairat Pruksachatkunakorn is American trained and recently retired as Professor of psychiatry at CMU. A close personal friend of mine, I greatly recommend him.

He is at: - Huai Kaew Polyclinic - 053 223 060 / 053 226 200 - 113 Huai Kaew Road, Chiang Mai 50200 (Open from 6pm to 8pm daily except Sunday. Sunday open 9am to 5pm.)

I'll certainly second a vote of respect for Dr. Phairat. If someone in my family (me?) required psychological insight he is the first person I would contact.

....Ken

Just a thought - assuming he/she has access to a computer and the internet why not use Skype or similar to call their home country’s help line e.g. the Samaritans? Or any other preferred organisation who will lend a sympathetic ear.