average Mb/hour used by IPTV

fvw53

I need to upgrade my ISP to have better reception of IPTV

The TERMS AND CONDITIONS of True Ultra Hi Speed are only in Thai language

Click the link next to INFO

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/why/entry/204?ln=thhttp://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/why/entry/204?ln=th

I try to understand from art 1.8 that for instance in case I buy a download speed of 10 Mb the total volume allowed per hour will be maximum 1.350 Mb

Is 1.350 Mb enough to allow one hour of IPTV?

post-65383-0-73279600-1401697055_thumb.j

I think you're getting confused.

If you have unlimited internet running at 10Mb it doesn't matter what "volume per hour" you are doing.

That should be sufficient for IPTV.

However, if your ISP only gives you say 10Gb a month before throttling down to a minimal speed, then obviously you are only going to get about 7 hours of usable TV.

You need to look at your ISP's "Fair Use Policy".

Please note that the Upper/lower case B/b have different meanings.

B=Byte b=bit and have a roughly 1:10 conversion (1 Byte = 10 bits [8 bits plus 2 bits protocol overhead])

How much data an IPTV stream uses depends on the delivered video's Frame Rate, Resolution, Audio channels and type of Compression used.

SDTV 1-2mbps for 640 or 720 x 480 with Stereo audio

HDTV 8-10mbps for 1920 x 1080 with compressed 5.1 audio

...though you'll find that many streams are converted to lower specs to save bandwidth.

Then there is the in-country Internet vs International Internet vs everybody just got home Internet speeds. IPTV server being in Thailand is different from the IPTV server being overseas.

I think you're getting confused.

If you have unlimited internet running at 10Mb it doesn't matter what "volume per hour" you are doing.

That should be sufficient for IPTV.

However, if your ISP only gives you say 10Gb a month before throttling down to a minimal speed, then obviously you are only going to get about 7 hours of usable TV.

You need to look at your ISP's "Fair Use Policy".

Thanks for spending time on my case...but my Thai wife says it is very clear that TRUE can cut the service is a certain volume per hour is downloaded and this according to the price which is paid for the service.

We need somebody able to read Thai and who can see all the "terms and conditions" which i indicated in

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/why/entry/204?ln=en

Thanks for spending time on my case...but my Thai wife says it is very clear that TRUE can cut the service is a certain volume per hour is downloaded and this according to the price which is paid for the service.

We need somebody able to read Thai and who can see all the "terms and conditions" which i indicated in

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/why/entry/204?ln=en

Well that's not me I'm afraid.

blink.png

According to NetFlix the streaming of a Best Quality-Standard Definition video will use 1GB/hour and Best Quality-High Definition video will use 2.3GB/hour. See this Link and below is a cut and paste of a NetFlix usage chart.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

This is very useful information indeed ! Thank you !

I roughly download 7 gigs per hour which is much more than the 2.1 gigs allowed. But this no problem as I dont use it 24 hours a day. I think these values are averages per day.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by sniffdog

It is obviously 1350 MByte per hour, usually written as 1.3 GB or 1.3 GByte.

I have a German language IPTV service that delivers three different qualities.

Highest quality has a resolution of 1280*720, excellent quality.

Download is possible and results in files of about 1 GB/hr.

A standard TV signal (refer to post #3) ist definitely no prob with this limit.

Full HD (1920*1080, see #3) is likely not provided by any IPTV service here (and also in Europe very liimited content/providers, a few sport pay TVs e.g.).

Edited by KhunBENQ