Small monthly transfer from Krungsri to Commonwealth

One would assume that talking to your bank manger would be the ultimate information source

rather than relying on second hand information, one idea could be to use your Krung Sri

card for said deduction.. up to you to work out the cost...

One would assume that talking to your bank manger would be the ultimate information source

rather than relying on second hand information, one idea could be to use your Krung Sri

card for said deduction.. up to you to work out the cost...

The bank unfortunately isn't the "ultimate information source"... I wouldn't have posted on here if I didn't want second hand information. One would assume that this is the whole purpose of this forum. Thanks for not being any help at all.

• Like 1

Emphuket, what you have to realise is that there are expats who live for these forums, post at every given opportunity whether they know anything about the subject or not and have little to say that is constructive. Ignore them!

I was in a similar situation a few years ago (I also bank with Krungsri) and it became such a nightmare with lost payments, surcharges and just sheer incompetence that I gave up, opened an account with an international bank (in this case Standard Chartered), transferred the cash from Krungsri into SC and let them do it. It worked like clockwork.

There are money transfer companies that advertise in the Thai monthly newspapers in Sydney. Maybe someone here can take a look and post their details.

They are in Thai-Town.

Basically, you deposit money into their Thai account, and then they deposit the money into your Oz account.

Open a Thai account with a debit card and send the card to a family member or friend in OZ. They can withdraw the money each month and deposit into your Commonwealth account. Each withdrawal costs $5.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Open a Thai account with a debit card and send the card to a family member or friend in OZ. They can withdraw the money each month and deposit into your Commonwealth account. Each withdrawal costs $5.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to do this. Even with the Commonwealth withdraw fees / conversion it'll still be SO much cheaper than transferring online with any banks.

Credit Cards are evil, don't let your wife get a hold of it, destroy it the first chance you get!!!!!

That's a pretty disgusting stereotypical thing to say. Unlike 99% of the users on here I'm not an old man with a Thai wife that I probably shouldn't have married if I don't even trust them with a credit card. I'm a nineteen year old girl but thanks for the tip.

Just make sure that the card can be used Intl. This will work well for you.

Just make sure that the card can be used Intl. This will work well for you.

I had to open a new Krungsri account because they wouldn't allow duplicate cards but it still worked out conveniently. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Credit Cards are evil, don't let your wife get a hold of it, destroy it the first chance you get!!!!!

That's a pretty disgusting stereotypical thing to say. Unlike 99% of the users on here I'm not an old man with a Thai wife that I probably shouldn't have married if I don't even trust them with a credit card. I'm a nineteen year old girl but thanks for the tip.

^^^^^Now there is a stereotypical thing to say....that is, "Unlike the 99% of....."