triple entry tourist visa from the UK

Will I have any problems getting one when I go back to the UK next month?

I am heading home for around 1 month - I have been on various visas for the last 4 years - non-o x2, triple entry tourist, double entry tourist, ED visa.

Where is the best to get a new triple entry by post, or should I apply for another year at a language school before I leave if it's going to be difficult getting a tourist visa?

I'd put my passport "through the washing machine" if I were you just to be safe.

There's been a marked increase in anecdotes about arbitrary and puzzling denials of entry by Thai immigration to people with PROPER VISAS that are causing considerable confusion.

It sounds like you have quite an assortment of visas and stamps in your current passport so it might be best to get yourself a new one so you at least don't attract attention at the immigration desk. What you want is quick, cursory glances by immigration; not flicking back and forth through your passport looking for something to trip you up.

I'm not for one second suggesting that you are or have been working illegally in Thailand but all these immigration people need is SUSPICION and you can be bounced out of the country like a criminal.

I'd put my passport "through the washing machine" if I were you just to be safe.

There's been a marked increase in anecdotes about arbitrary and puzzling denials of entry by Thai immigration to people with PROPER VISAS that are causing considerable confusion.

It sounds like you have quite an assortment of visas and stamps in your current passport so it might be best to get yourself a new one so you at least don't attract attention at the immigration desk. What you want is quick, cursory glances by immigration; not flicking back and forth through your passport looking for something to trip you up.

I'm not for one second suggesting that you are or have been working illegally in Thailand but all these immigration people need is SUSPICION and you can be bounced out of the country like a criminal.

Really!!!

This comment worries me, I am picking up a 3 Entry tourist visa from UK consulate on Wed, got 2 x non o 1yr visa's + 2 entry Tourist Visa from laos and several border run stamps all since passport issue in march 2011.

I have only been out of thailand 6 months since issue.

So I am likely to be refused entry???!! been back in UK 17 days leaving for Thailand end of this week, so no time to get new passport

Edited by br12stol

He's notsaying you're likely to be denied entry but at the very least you shouldn't be surprised if you're grilled by immigration and asked to prove your innocence.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by YeahSiam

OP

If you are in Mancland, you may as well hop on the train down to the Scouseland Thai Consulate and pick up your visa in person in 15 minutes. They are very efficient. You need to book an appointment first. Just phone them up. It is much easier than mucking around with the Embassy in London.

Really!!!

This comment worries me, I am picking up a 3 Entry tourist visa from UK consulate on Wed, got 2 x non o 1yr visa's + 2 entry Tourist Visa from laos and several border run stamps all since passport issue in march 2011.

So I am likely to be refused entry???!! been back in UK 17 days leaving for Thailand end of this week, so no time to get new passport

Get down to London and get a fast track passport, pay extra then apply for your new 3 moth visa, Its worth investing in the new passport isnt it to get it?

Really!!!

You'd be doing a lot a big service to a lot of people on the forum if you reported exactly how you're treated at the airport etc.

Everything seems to be second hand rumours at the moment.

• Like 2

what may help is carry bank statements from your home bank that show you using ATM's in Thailand on a regular basis and also shows that you have enough money balance to sustain yourself during your stay - they are looking for people who are working illegally in Thailand

The burden of proof is on you to convince them that you are not working and can support yourself

and if you don't convince them you could face refusal of entry and a ban for 5 years

If you have ever watched the TV program " Nothing to Declare" based in Australian airport customs - it is exactly what they do with people entering Australia - you must show them evidence that you can sustain yourself for the duration of stay - many people on that program are turned away visa cancelled and banned for 3 years because they can't

Edited by smedly

You should not a have a problem getting the visa.

You can only apply by post to the embassy in London. You can only apply at the consulates in person now.

I am going to apply for a triple entry in person in London on Monday (i have a lot of stamps over many years). Where did you hear you must apply by post?

This is the link to the Thai embassy in London and it states you can apply in person and the visa will take 1 working day. If this is not possible i am going to have a problem because i am only in the UK for a few days.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

I do need to get a new passport anyway as I always go away for a few weeks when I do a visa run, vietnam, cambodia, philippines and 4 trips back to the UK in the last few years so its pretty full up - but i think all the stamps would be there for them to see on the computer anyway.

I am a bit worried about all the stamps yeah, so I have got print outs of all my monies ready (flying back from Cambodia next Tuesday) which is enough for several more years of living here, although I also worry that they might not even give me a chance to get the printouts out of my pocket... its a bit silly that they turned your mate away on the ED visa without a chance of stating his case... which is why I asked the question in the first place about getting another triple entry. What is to stop them saying to someone on a Non-Immigrant O-A Retirement/Long-Stay Visa 'you are working here' at the airport as well? I know these people get monthly income - but I have a lot of savings from selling a house in the UK and other savings from the UK...

There is always cambodia, but I have got the equivalent of £10,000 of stuff in Thailand now including my car so could lose all that.

what may help is carry bank statements from your home bank that show you using ATM's in Thailand on a regular basis and also shows that you have enough money balance to sustain yourself during your stay - they are looking for people who are working illegally in Thailand

The burden of proof is on you to convince them that you are not working and can support yourself

If you have ever watched the TV program " Nothing to Declare" based in Australian airport customs - it is exactly what they do with people entering Australia - you must show them evidence that you can sustain yourself for the duration of stay - many people on that program are turned away visa cancelled because they can't

In "normal" times, such precautions shouldn't be necessary but it shows just how hot immigration is on this issue right now.

Yes, they're supposed to be after the visa exemption runners but that's the official line. In reality, they after everyone no matter what visa you have

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You can only apply by post to the embassy in London. You can only apply at the consulates in person now.

I am going to apply for a triple entry in person in London on Monday (i have a lot of stamps over many years). Where did you hear you must apply by post?

This is the link to the Thai embassy in London and it states you can apply in person and the visa will take 1 working day. If this is not possible i am going to have a problem because i am only in the UK for a few days.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/60

I did mean that you could not apply in person. It was meant to mean that the embassy is the only place where you can apply by post.. You can no longer apply by post to the consulates.

I guess you are not aware that immigration has had computers for a number of years now. Getting a new passport no longer works for hiding your previous history.

They can see your previous history by way a name and date of birth check.

I guess you are not aware that immigration has had computers for a number of years now. Getting a new passport no longer works for hiding your previous history.

I realise that but they're less inclined to examine your previous history if it's a new passport with a fresh embassy/consulate -issued visa.

There are plenty of anecdotes on this forum about people who've maybe had an issue coming back with new passports and then breezing through immigration at the airport.

If you apply in person at London, drop off one day and pick up the next between 11am-12am.

Edited by kjhbigv

Reversing your first and middle names stops that.

Totally legal, normally used to prevent negative credit checks.

Reversing your first and middle names stops that.

Totally legal, normally used to prevent negative credit checks.

I think that would depend upon where you live. I think in most countries that would entail a name change,

Or if in the states if would it depend upon the state you are in,

Bringing in 9000,00 cash to live through a triple entry .This obviously isn't documented through wire transfers and it's not documented for US customs because its under the $10,000 declared exemption. So how do I substantiate that I live on this since I don't receive money transfers and I might only use my Atm card once or twice for emergencies .I think this has somewhat interest for this thread

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Really!!!

You'd be doing a lot a big service to a lot of people on the forum if you reported exactly how you're treated at the airport etc.

Everything seems to be second hand rumours at the moment.

I work in Cambodia 3 days a week and live in thailand 4 days I hold a Australian passport and use the visa exempt so you can imagine what my passport looks like the other day had heaps of time on my hands before flying out so i though i ask THE QUESTION after much flicking thru my passport and being lead up a chain of people I was told no problem however if i really wanted a visa get retirement visa .........

Really!!!

I'm not really sure what that earlier post was all about? I too have many stamps visa's what's the problem with that? I just was back and got the 3 x entry visa in about 20 minutes from hull. There's no need to mail anything anywhere for these kind of visa's.

Jinners the issue isn't getting the visa, it's apparently entering the country even if you have it.

Have you entered with this visa yet?

What makes you think he would have a problem entering the country with it?

I think you may of been reading or heard some false info that is going around.

• Like 1

Jinners the issue isn't getting the visa, it's apparently entering the country even if you have it.

Have you entered with this visa yet?

What makes you think he would have a problem entering the country with it?

I think you may of been reading or heard some false info that is going around.

Sorry Joe I typed that quickly on my phone - I should have elaborated to avoid perpetuating what are likely just rumours. Let's give it another go...!

Jinners, there have been unconfirmed rumours of people who have many tourist visas / entry stamps getting grilled or even refused entry at the airport, however this information is either unconfirmed or "friend of a friend" type info.

It would be helpful to other members if you shared your experience.

My earlier post on page one

"Really!!!

So I am likely to be refused entry???!! been back in UK 17 days leaving for Thailand end of this week, so no time to get new passport"

Just to let anybody know who is interested, I got my triple entry @ Cardiff consulate with no questions,

And went through BKK immigration, also absolutely no problems wink.png

Edited by br12stol
  • Like 1