Drug testing by Thai police on the street

XaS

So, let me get this straight. A cop. a senior cop at that, who is the son of someone seriously rich, let you slap him a round and spit in his face then let you off cos some 2 bit lawyer pushed him around??? I have heard some whoppers in my time, but this one takes the cake. Care to drop the name of the rich copper so that I can check with my friend in Thonglor police?? I am willing to drop names if you are.

We get some BS on this forum, but this story is up there with the most fanciful.

Hermes seems to have gone quiet, maybe he's consulting with his lawyer

• Like 2

Is this for real? Cops here have actually done and gotten away with this? Surely this is illegal, randomly stopping someone on the street for no just cause and having them pee.

This is the kind of thing I'd imagine going on in some African backwater, but Thailand... from what I've read, if this is true and the OP is not just making it up... sorry, it's hard to believe... but, if this does go on, then it is in fact illegal and you just need to stand your ground, and produce a Thai lawyer business card... that's actually some good advice there.

Edited by banagan

The episode ended in my forcing the threatening officer's mobile phone down his mouth after slapping him around the face- can you imagine how much face i made him lose!

He will never forget that.

Sorry, there might be a language issue here, so maybe I'm misunderstanding... you're saying you slapped a police officer and then physically forced his mobile phone into his own mouth..?

He sounds like a troll to me.

For those of you who're familiar with this, is it only Thong Lor/Ekkamai? Or just concentrated there?

I'm not a user but I don't want to be put in a situation with a corrupt cop trying to frame me.

I'm guessing they'd be more likely to go after younger guys than your 60-somethings?

Is this for real? Cops here have actually done and gotten away with this? Surely this is illegal, randomly stopping someone on the street for no just cause and having them pee.

This is the kind of thing I'd imagine going on in some African backwater, but Thailand... from what I've read, if this is true and the OP is not just making it up... sorry, it's hard to believe... but, if this does go on, then it is in fact illegal and you just need to stand your ground, and produce a Thai lawyer business card... that's actually some good advice there.

Yes, this is for real. Well at least the part about the tests. Slapping a police officer with hands in cuffs behind ones back...I think not.rolleyes.gif

For those of you who're familiar with this, is it only Thong Lor/Ekkamai? Or just concentrated there?

I'm not a user but I don't want to be put in a situation with a corrupt cop trying to frame me.

I'm guessing they'd be more likely to go after younger guys than your 60-somethings?

If the cops were trying to frame people then they would use a reagent that would give a false positive so the unlucky farang would pay up.

Since they don't do this, then maybe its that they like to see farang peckers. In which case, old farts like you & I are quite likely free from such searches.

;-)

Edited by ClutchClark

Yes this is for real. They've never heard of Miranda in Thailand. As you said in another post you aren't in Kansas now.

This is the kind of thing I'd imagine going on in some African backwater, but Thailand... from what I've read, if this is true and the OP is not just making it up... sorry, it's hard to believe... but, if this does go on, then it is in fact illegal

Can you quote us the THAI (not the US) laws that make this illegal?

• Like 1

Someone stops me and asks me to piss in a can then it ain't happening no matter what country I am in. You need reason to stop someone on the street at 5pm and ask for a widdle sample.

Never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life. Next you will be telling me foreign men buy homes and put them in a prostitutes name.......

Try that in Germany! They can stop you there for no reason whatsoever.

So everyone is safe with ecstasy then?

Simply refuse the to take the test.I have many times and have never given one once besides being 'ordered" so many times to do so. The Asok are and thoglor area's seem the worst.

Just curious Hermes but do you look special or something.

I mean in 18 years walking the streets drunk, sober or high I've never once been stopped so I'm wondering how comes you've been stopped many times?

well apart from being extremely good looking and wel build! I have been heree over 30 years's for me.And I know many who look very normal and get stopped often and some who look very suspect-and yet never .It's also where you hang out.Thonglor area is the worst I think.

I always carry Drew Noyes card around with me in Pattaya encase this sort of thing happens, on your way in seconds

Actually as Drew Noyes is a TV Sponsor he must be credible, so that might be a good idea. I trust Thai Visa to make sure it's members are well looked after smile.png

• Like 2

Who's your lawyer Hermes..? smile.png

Mr Praychaya- known and very well respected. An honest , good ,hard working gentleman, known and trusted to many embassy.Great connections. Only works for good people and often pro-bono.

One of the best namecards one can carry.

hermes you forgot to mention the fact that you sa-peak fluent bar girl Thai in your lies

Hermes is also very good looking, according to his post - and he took on 4 hitmen - surely leosuntime could write his next novel about this Walter Mitty like character.

I always carry Drew Noyes card around with me in Pattaya encase this sort of thing happens, on your way in seconds

Actually as Drew Noyes is a TV Sponsor he must be credible, so that might be a good idea. I trust Thai Visa to make sure it's members are well looked after smile.png

Who is Drew Noyes please? Never heard of him.Is he a good honest man?

It was filmed in the station when the policeman "ordered" me not to smile when on camera and pushed/shoved me violently from behind ( so camera couuld not see)- it was on national TV and in many newspapers.

Link please.

Edited by wooloomooloo
  • Like 1