Aviation - Steps planned to tackle problem of unruly passengers

webfact

Just ask (order) the offending party to "please leave the aircraft" the fact its at 30,000ft should be irrelevant.

And just to keep the bean counters happy, charges for parachutes !

But seriously, they ask for a lot of this themselves by cramming them in, its so damned uncomfortable in kennel class, slightest movement and its like a row of dominoes and I can understand (not condone) people becoming agitated. Whenever you put so many people in close proximity for such long periods of time, somethings gonna give and the alcohol just fuels it.

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice at a lot of Chinese airports, there are no bars such as in Kunming Airport, Yantai, Jinan, Wuhan etc. Also flying Chiang Mai to Kunming on China Eastern, there is no alcohol served on board.

I know that Capital International Beijing airport has some nice bars and lounges where you can buy grog, but they are very expensive.

Maybe the Chinese are on to something-never seen any trouble on a flight in China.

Perhaps no bars as such but enough shops selling beer.which you can sit down to drink.

As posted earlier, unlimited free alcohol in airline lounges doesn't seem to produce drunken behaviour.

There's a limit to how much overcrowding human beings can tolerate, particularly over extended periods of time (e.g., oceanic flights). Behaviors like this were inevitable when you started packing people together like this. But overcrowding was the only way airlines could make economy class pay for itself. The increased stress & aggravation due to the whole security business don't help either. Thank Islam for that. Blacklisting violators might cut down on the frequency of incidents some, but I predict not solve the problem completely. Eliminating the alcohol factor might also help some - but that's just not gonna' happen (actually, I think the rules already say something about permitting obviously inebriated passengers to board, at least in the U.S.). And simply charging more for economy class just puts more money into airlines' pockets while accomplishing nothing.

So...

Either equip seats with lockable arm & leg restraints & gags;

-or-

Physically upgrade all economy seating to business class. Then charge the business class fares. IOW - uninvent economy class. 'Solves the overcrowding problem, and fairly reimburses the airlines' for the loss of passenger count. Yes - the economy class "opportunity" goes away; it had to happen.

• Like 1