Plan to talk with the company providing 'LINE' services in Japan cancelled

webfact

He also mentioned a possibility of providing an affordable internet service and creating a ‘Thailand Social Network’ for all Thais.

​Care to elaborate on that ?

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/03/junta-build-social-network-alternative-new-internet-gateway

So does this mean we won't be able to access FaceBook etc? The Joke is that the People they are trying to stop voicing their views are Thais, so this is censorship/dictatorship. That is going to impress no one, and they hope foriegners will invest in a dictatorship?

But its for the good of the nation, a small price to pay for happiness surely and unity ? whistling.gif

Sacrifices must be made for the good of the country and im sure everyone supportive of the Junta will agree this is a very small price to pay and totally ok with it giggle.gif

"be careful what you wish for" springs to mind.

Line had already told the ICT Ministry under the Thaksin proxy government that that they can only agree to requests for personal data or to block users as a result of a Japanese court order which is fair enough and they take the same approach, no matter who is in power in Thailand. The Thai authorities are free to obtain a Thai court order and get their lawyers in Japan to use it as grounds to request a court order in Japan. Line is a Japanese company operating in Japan and has to abide by Japanese law. US companies like YouTube, Facebook and Google also have to abide by US law and therefore should also respond to US court orders, although may choose to bend the rules in order to curry favour with a large, undemocratic country like China, where they can make gobs of money to assuage their guilt for the dissidents they betray there but Thailand is not really on the map for them. Under Thai law the Thai courts are not obliged to act on foreign court rulings but may take them into account. Same applies in other countries.

Can't wait for the ‘Thailand Social Network’ for all Thais.

Edited by Dogmatix

They should ask the USA's NSA. They have records of every phone call, message, email, post, etc.

But of course there is nothing wrong with that, isn't it?

If any other so much as f*** the end is near.

(I read somewhere that there were morals somewhere)

Pathetic and sick to the marrow...

wai.gif

How many fingers are you holding up there? We are watching you mister!

Did you hear the story of the taxi driver, the lecturer and the court case?

Sacrifices must be made for the good of the country and im sure everyone supportive of the Junta will agree this is a very small price to pay and totally ok with it giggle.gif

Edited by citizen33

"He also mentioned a possibility of providing an affordable internet service and creating a Thailand Social Network for all Thais."

Fairly weird and ominous!

Will be named....Loss Of FaceBook?

How many fingers are you holding up there? We are watching you mister!

Did you hear the story of the taxi driver, the lecturer and the court case?

WE ? who exactly are the "we" and what on earth are you throwing unfounded threats about for Mr keyboard and fascist warrior, I don't subscribe to holding up any fingers at all.

If your attempting to allude your taking on the role of the lecturer you should should be aware academic education is not considered a measure of social wisdom nor morality and neither are such Hitler youth tactics respectable, you after a brown armband or something ? bah.gif

What hand sign do you use ? zieg heil I suppose. whistling.gif

Now back on topic please and dispense with the baiting. I am just an observer and a guest here as well as neutral, always have been, unlike some and dont you forget it sonny boy.

Edited by englishoak

Blue on blue, old chap - perhaps I should have added a smiley. I'm talking about your little yellow smiley figure who raises his hand, and perhaps may not be showing all his fingers (giggle.gif ), 'We' refers to the collectivity of 'good people' who like your post (in jest) say that life under our new rulers is wonderful, but may be keeping an eye on each other. I thought a fellow Brit would understand parody.Or was your reply just a humorous attempt to stay in character? smile.png

The story of the taxi driver who was unfortunate enough to let a lecturer taking a ride audio record his comments on social inequality and report him to the police, is all over social media - being linked by many to 1984.

Edited by citizen33
  • Like 1

Its all good, True a smiley would have been really good add in to clarify, wouldnt want icons to be banned here as well though, as if anyone would use them for such a statement.... What would we do without them to add a little parody or humour ? probably have to resort to over reacting and making what should be unnecessary posts just to be on the safe side. wink.png

Indeed we wouldnt want people to get the idea its ok to play 1984 type games at such a time.

At to the Line thing, or local social network or even closed country networks such as China its already dead meat, anyone trying it now is wayyy behind the times. The Outernet is coming and with it free wifi and access to EVERYONE, no borders, no blocking it. https://www.outernet.is/

Its mission statement.

INFORMATION FOR THE WORLD FROM OUTER SPACE Unrestricted, globally accessible, broadcast data. Quality content from all over the Internet. Available to all of humanity. For free.

Its inspiration

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers. — Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Where theres a will theres a way and when good people decide to make a difference good things can happen thumbsup.gif

In the past, as long as closing down newspaper printing house the whole line of information is dead albeit transistor radios. Fast forward to .......... now. There is simply no way to stop information from flowing!

The problem is it is not information. It's rumors, gossips, propaganda, disinformation ... everything you want but information. In some cases the cure is worse than the disease.

Wow! I thought Bush and Obama were effed up. I now feel really bad for anyone living in Australia.

dangerous times to post on a website/forum

maybe all should be closed for the duration of the coup

You're just a sore loser because there is no good news on this forum for you and your ilk. Only the uncovering of corruption and killers on your side. I can see your point of view and I'm glad I'm not you. 55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555