THAI reveals newly painted B787-8 Dreamliner in THAI livery

webfact

Hopefully I will take flight on it chiang mai - bangkok when it is first delivered. Never flown on a screamliner and 400 odd miles might be as far as I want to go on one.

Why would they use such a big plane on a 1-hour domestic flight? That would be commercial suicide.

Crew orientation. All airlines put new aircraft types onto short trips to get the crew air and ground crews used to them and check that their operating procedures work as expected. Air France put their first A380 on the CDG-LHR route. Advertised heavily and filled them up. BA put their 787 initially on the Stockholm run I believe.

Exactly what I am hoping for. Domestics ops for couple of weeks before it goes long haul. Having said that TG use wide bodies domestically year round to Chiang Mai and Phuket. 747, 777, A330 on certain flights. flew the MD11 to Chiang Mai once also. Caught the A340-500 when first delivered doing domestic.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully I will take flight on it chiang mai - bangkok when it is first delivered. Never flown on a screamliner and 400 odd miles might be as far as I want to go on one.

Why would they use such a big plane on a 1-hour domestic flight? That would be commercial suicide.

I've flown Bangkok-Phuket on a Thai 747, if the numbers are there it is more economical to fly more people in one big plane than in separate, smaller ones.

I flew Chiang Rai - Bangkok on a 1-2 go (Orient Air) 747 a few years ago. I don't think it was for commercial reasons, I think it was the only aeroplane they had that day that was working!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

My god---you were brave, wasn't that the 747 that was stood idle engineless for a few years at UDON, livery painted out. I do not know where it ended up, I'm sure they didn't fly it out, would have been a brave pilot.

I guess this will just add to the money losing misery of Thai Airways as queues of families claiming some form of political importance will be buying economy tickets and demanding their right to upgrades into First and/or business should First be full.

Proof that aircraft do not just fall out of the sky, their companies can 'sink' as well.

• Like 1

I think the Dreamliner is a bit better than the A380.

What a strange statement..... how and why do you think that... ask the Japanese what they think of it.. I for one will not fly in one of those planes until they have been in service a while and all the creases are ironed out.. better safe than sorry... thumbsup.gif

I am astonished THAI are still buying aircrafts! I am very often at Suvarnabhumi and there are always 30-40 THAI aircrafts on the Tarmac. All their aircrafts are underused no wonder they are losing money. I tend to fly Bangkok airways and planes fly in and out within 1 hour. Go to Don Muang and the same for Airasia, turn around is 40-50 minutes, which shows they are using and filling them up. THAI's only chance of long term survival is privatization which I can't see happening anytime soon. Like most other government owned airlines around the globe, old school, old ways and downward trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Is the Dreamliner totally safe ??????? after what I saw with the Japanese company ANA I just wonder ..... I also hope TG will have upgraded biz and First , hope the food in both class will be better than the lousy food they serve now and hopefully a total flat bed for biz class and of course the good service those class deserve , not those bored and tired over age flight attendants.... otherwise I will stick to SQ , Emirates , Qatar or Cathay

and of course the good service those class deserve

Mate get over it....you are on a bus that flies. Hardly the Queen Mary. Watch a movie or go to sleep...simple.

I think the Dreamliner is a bit better than the A380.

What a strange statement..... how and why do you think that... ask the Japanese what they think of it.. I for one will not fly in one of those planes until they have been in service a while and all the creases are ironed out.. better safe than sorry... thumbsup.gif

Entirely different workhorses, more like compare 747--A380..........Dreamliner-Airbus 350 ??? Maybe he thinks the interior ??? or shape ??? or company ??

I always Used" to fly Thai to & from USA, until prices went way higher than others and they stopped the non-stop service. Now if they were to get fares more inline with other carriers might go back. But something that has annoyed me is how I can buy a ticket from LAX to BKK to LAX much cheaper than BKK-LAX-BKK.

Its called geographical pricing. if you can charge a higher price somewhere and get away with it you do!

Thats why an Iphone costs $199 in the US and $899 in Australia. No reason....just you can do it.

• Like 1

I've flown Bangkok-Phuket on a Thai 747, if the numbers are there it is more economical to fly more people in one big plane than in separate, smaller ones.

I flew Chiang Rai - Bangkok on a 1-2 go (Orient Air) 747 a few years ago. I don't think it was for commercial reasons, I think it was the only aeroplane they had that day that was working!

My god---you were brave, wasn't that the 747 that was stood idle engineless for a few years at UDON, livery painted out. I do not know where it ended up, I'm sure they didn't fly it out, would have been a brave pilot.

I don't know if it was that one - I think they had several at one time, they started out life with KLM in the 1970s I believe. It was very tatty inside, many lights not working and a few ceiling panels missing. It was raining hard when it came into Chiang Rai and I remember thinking it was a minor miracle that it stopped before it got to the end of the runway! Biggest we normally get is 737s and smaller Airbus.

Anyway, Best Beloved no longer let's me fly with that airline anymore!

• Like 1

It's a 'wide-body' jet meant for long distances so it is unlikely you will fly on one of these within the country. I have flown the Narita-Bangkok route several times and the seats are more comfortable and the noise is much reduced.

I smiled at the heading "newly painted" old painted ?? Livery in the beautiful Thai design-orchid.

They even have digital LCD logo blackout patches built in in case of mishaps and skid offs. No more sloppy painting.

post-9891-0-50730100-1401897965_thumb.jp

• Like 2

I smiled at the heading "newly painted" old painted ?? Livery in the beautiful Thai design-orchid.

You would. It hasn't been painted before so obviously it's newly painted. What does "old painted" mean anyway?

Purely selfish... How about BKK to YVR? I'd take the Thai service over pretty much any other Star Alliance carrier (except SIN Air).

Malaysia flies to YVR

If only they were part of the Star Alliance... I have status with AC so I like to get the points and use the lounges. But thanks for the info! smile.pngthumbsup.gif

High tech carbon fibre plane but with Thai we'll still trundle to the plane in an old bus. How come other airlines get the airbridges at Thai Airways home airport ?

Still not sure I trust a plastic plane though?

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Beat's black i guess.

I'm sure that big tin of Black Paint is just "waiting in the wings," so they can paint over the TG Logo next time they hit a Pot-Hole in a runway and burst a try or two.

I flew the 787 in business to Europe with Qatar last month. I find it to be far more comfortable than the A380. less noise, dehydration etc.. The question is whether Thai will be able to install an acceptable interior layout or improve their infamously rude service!

Maybe the NCPO should look into that whilst they're dealing with reconciliation?! laugh.png

First run into Perth Australia 1July.coffee1.gif

1st flights are now September 1st. I thought all Thai's aircraft were given classical or place names, but HS-TQA is to be called Torpedo.

Huh? TG currently field a mix of A330, 777, and 747-400 on CNX-BKK at different times of day, as well as some Thai smile services. Very high load factors.

Other than Perth have any other 787 routes been announced?

Edited by arunsakda

Huh? TG currently field a mix of A330, 777, and 747-400 on CNX-BKK at different times of day, as well as some Thai smile services. Very high load factors.

Other than Perth have any other 787 routes been announced?

Tokyo Haneda

You would. It hasn't been painted before so obviously it's newly painted. What does "old painted" mean anyway?

Nasty little snide comment "you would" hold grudges do we ???

With it being a brand new plane, it had been painted in the Thai orchid livery.

Sorry but saying newly painted, sound like it was newly covered over old paint. newly painted, depends how you look at it.

"old painted" then newly painted ????

Anyway leave it, don't let it bother you--nit picker.

Smile awhile Marlow.thumbsup.gif

Marlow are you a poster critic ???

3 pages on this subject and you have 2 one liner picks at 2 posters.

Do you have any comment on the topic about the Dreamliner, or do you home in on any comment that you can question ??

Initial routes for the B787. Interestingly their economy seats will be 18inches wide which may make it one of the widest but I may be wrong. 4 787s should be in service before year end.

BKK-CNX 3xDaily (08Jul-31Aug)

BKK-MNL 1xDaily (08Aug-31Aug)

BKK-PER 1XDaily (01Sep)

BKK-NRT 1xDaily (01Sep)

I always thought Thai Air was a great airline to fly with.

Wherever I have wanted to go to from Thailand Thai Air has had a direct flight.

I mean why have wait overs and buses taking you from one part of the airport to the other.?

You want to fly to Perth or Brisbane and Thai Air have direct flights.

My judgement is that Thai Air have the clients but maybe the management needs sorting out to turn a quid.

There always seems to be enough people on board to make that quid so I reckon its got to do with the management.

Maybe the Good General will get around to sorting out the wastage at the top of Thai Air.

Fly on Thai Air I like your service