NACC sets up panel to investigate assets of Yingluck, former ministers related to rice scheme

webfact

Should not be too difficult to investigate as there will be paper trials but not so the unaccountable & unrecorded donations to Suthep and it's no chicken feed.

Eric you seem to be unable to grasp the concept that the money Suthep received whilst on his marches was donations, i.e freely given by the public to support his campaign. No accounting legally required.

Yingluck, OTOH, was in charge of a scheme where massive amounts of money (billions of baht) are involved, billions of baht belonging to the public including the abused farmers. The accounting system used is, now, rightly so, under the magnifying glass and the days and weeks ahead will sort out the rice from the chaff.

Blame will be apportioned and the guilty, hopefully, will be punished.

Meanwhile, let's leave Suthep, corrupt as he may be, out of the equation. His collections from the public supporters were chickenfeed by comparison. His palm oil scams will eventually be investigated.

Another one to join rubl in the degrees of corruption excuse. Let's ignore suthep, he was only campaigning against corruption and he's only a little bit corrupt, honest. Pathetic.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Along with all the vailed accusations, would someone please explain how the corruption was presumed to work? How was it manipulated? Where and how was the money being syphoned off? Thanks

You won't get much joy there. Most opinion on corruption on this forum is of the "every one knows" persuasion. "Every one knows Yingluck stole money from the Rice Subsidy Scheme", "everyone knows the PTP have been emptying out the treasury", "every one knows..................." - you get the idea coffee1.gif

There are allegations of G2G deals (they could sell cheaper to an other government but not to normal buyers) being fake.. meaning rice was bought by someone close to the Shins and then resold into the program.

There are allegations of rice from Cambodia going into the Thai rice program

And its quite possible YL would have gotten a cut from these fraudulent deals.

Could have, should have, quite possible, allegations..........................

As I said, "everyone knows".

And of course, you know there is no corruption. After all Yingluck said so.

Is she or her cousin ever going to be held answerable for illegally issuing a new Thai passport to her convicted criminal fugitive brother? Everyone knows they did, because they quite freely admit it. Just refuse over and over again to answer the Ombudsman's questions on it. Ignore it long enough, it'll go away.

Yingluck can prove all her detractors wrong. Simply provide all the true, and transparent, figures for the rice scheme. water management spends, tablet scheme, and CAPO budget spend for starters. All should be easy to do, as she stated there was no corruption in the rice scheme and no corruption in her administration. Hope these assertive comments weren't as reliable as her vows to pay farmers which never materialized. Otherwise, seems the has been telling some lies.

• Like 1

Just wanted to interrupt and say thanks.

Lurked on another Thai Forum trying to keep abreast of what's happening with the Yingluck situation and hear different perspectives on the rice pledging scandal, but was a bit dismayed on that forum to see it degrade into a singular exercise in masturbation by folks who wanted to see her demise. They claimed to have a unique god's eye view of everything behind the scenes and were eager to let you know. And ummm, me being a simpleton who thinks he doesn't understand the extent of political machinations dictating current events... I was out of my element there. One poster seemed to be threatening others about turning them into authorities or some such action for questioning the establishment, so I figured I'd better not say anything there lest one interpret my naive skepticism as a threat. Anyway, I thought I'd stop over to ThaiVisa, per outside recommendation.

And lo and behold, imagine my delight to find a thoughtful, reserved, and critical dialog examining these events in an almost academic matter.

giggle.gifwhistling.gif

"singular exercise in masturbation by folks who wanted to see her demise." ??

More like 'by folks who cannot bear (bare?) to see their darling exposed ?

Quite apt considering recent events at Channel 9....................whistling.gif

"She will face impeachment and a five-year ban from politics if the Senate agrees with the NACC" I thought the Senate had been disbanded?

Anyway, if she or other ministers look like they have done something criminal then it's proper they should be investigated. The fact that Suthep is not being investigated regarding the land he allegedly bought with campaigners fund raising money would tend to make this look like a personal attack as opposed to a legal one. Is Yingluck still locked up somewhere because I haven't read about her being released?

• Like 1

Should not be too difficult to investigate as there will be paper trials but not so the unaccountable & unrecorded donations to Suthep and it's no chicken feed.

Sure, that's why I wrote that all should rejoice in Ms. Yingluck and others getting the fair chance to show their innocence.

As for the Suthep chickenfeed, a few million donated cash certainly needs the undivided attention rather than the 500,000,000,000 Baht somewhat officially lost and showing tendencies to reach the minor figure of only 1,000,000,000,000.

Oh now there are degrees of corruption,rubl, I see.

It would seem you don't my dear chap.

The cash donations to Suthep in his position as a PDRC leader have nothing to do with the NACC. If there are grounds to think something irregular happened with those donations, someone could talk with someone in a office of the Attorney-General to start a possible case in the Criminal Court.

BTW with all distractions and obfuscation it would seem some are really fearful that the investigation of Ms. Yingluck and a few of her handpicked Ministers will dig up the truth. What total lack of confidence in the honesty of said persons, what lack of believe that Ms. Yingluck and her cabinet took care of corruption, what naïve to believe there was lack of transparency.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Eric you seem to be unable to grasp the concept that the money Suthep received whilst on his marches was donations, i.e freely given by the public to support his campaign. No accounting legally required.

Yingluck, OTOH, was in charge of a scheme where massive amounts of money (billions of baht) are involved, billions of baht belonging to the public including the abused farmers. The accounting system used is, now, rightly so, under the magnifying glass and the days and weeks ahead will sort out the rice from the chaff.

Meanwhile, let's leave Suthep, corrupt as he may be, out of the equation. His collections from the public supporters were chickenfeed by comparison. His palm oil scams will eventually be investigated.

Another one to join rubl in the degrees of corruption excuse. Let's ignore suthep, he was only campaigning against corruption and he's only a little bit corrupt, honest. Pathetic.

Another one who doesn't understand the NACC, it's task and it's scope.

The private person Suthep with Pheu Thai spokesperson Prompong waving papers and saying "I dare you to prove my accusation is wrong" could file a defamation case. Alternatively Prompong could file a case with the criminal court.

Anyway, such utter lack of confidence that Ms. Yingluck really be innocent.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

And of course, you know there is no corruption. After all Yingluck said so.

Is she or her cousin ever going to be held answerable for illegally issuing a new Thai passport to her convicted criminal fugitive brother? Everyone knows they did, because they quite freely admit it. Just refuse over and over again to answer the Ombudsman's questions on it. Ignore it long enough, it'll go away.

Yingluck can prove all her detractors wrong. Simply provide all the true, and transparent, figures for the rice scheme. water management spends, tablet scheme, and CAPO budget spend for starters. All should be easy to do, as she stated there was no corruption in the rice scheme and no corruption in her administration. Hope these assertive comments weren't as reliable as her vows to pay farmers which never materialized. Otherwise, seems the has been telling some lies.

Illegally issuing a passport? What was illegal about it? It wasn't particularly prudent to do so, but against the law? The previous administration to the PTP revoked the passport. The PTP overturned that decision - it's not an illegal act to do so.

The private person Suthep with Pheu Thai spokesperson Prompong waving papers and saying "I dare you to prove my accusation is wrong" could file a defamation case. Alternatively Prompong could file a case with the criminal court.

Did I say anything about the NACC? No, so how can you accuse me of not understanding their task and scope?

No, rubl, I was specifically targetting your's and ratcatcher's demonstrated "leave suthep alone, he's only a bit corrupt" attitude towards corruption

Sure, that's why I wrote that all should rejoice in Ms. Yingluck and others getting the fair chance to show their innocence.

As for the Suthep chickenfeed, a few million donated cash certainly needs the undivided attention rather than the 500,000,000,000 Baht somewhat officially lost and showing tendencies to reach the minor figure of only 1,000,000,000,000.

Oh now there are degrees of corruption,rubl, I see.

It would seem you don't my dear chap.

The cash donations to Suthep in his position as a PDRC leader have nothing to do with the NACC. If there are grounds to think something irregular happened with those donations, someone could talk with someone in a office of the Attorney-General to start a possible case in the Criminal Court.

BTW with all distractions and obfuscation it would seem some are really fearful that the investigation of Ms. Yingluck and a few of her handpicked Ministers will dig up the truth. What total lack of confidence in the honesty of said persons, what lack of believe that Ms. Yingluck and her cabinet took care of corruption, what naïve to believe there was lack of transparency.

Well I may be wrong but it seems to me that when the PTP cut the funds to the NACC they were indorsing corruption. Look at the statistics from Amnesty International. Corruption under the democrats stayed relatively even with a slight dip. Since the PTP has come into power the corruption has risen while the funds to investigate it have been cut.

I am not a big believer in high quality education here in Thailand but I think any one over 10 could see some thing wrong there. Even Fab4. I notice he stays far away from those facts. Have to get his response in four or vive years when he can find it in a history book.tongue.png

All of the richest Thai family's have most of their dosh stashed away in tax havens and then you have the the pensioner foreigners triyng to meet the 800.000 requirement to get that yearly extension to stay in said country nuff said.

As do a lot of expats and retirees here who have money offshore. So what is your point?

800,000 should be pocket change for people of retirement age.

After reading the many problems foreigners have on said visa forums getting the cash to meet said visa requirments i dont think so,and yes has't there been a lot of so called crackdowns on certain dodgy visa agents providing the so called funds....

Got to admit it I would have to just about drain my resources to meet the 800,000 so I don't bother with it. I just leave my money invested and growing and use the guaranteed income plan. Piece of cake.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Of course we don't know if she is guilty, guilty by association or just guilty of being a fish out of water but given her family have been up before the courts more often that a street full of scousers the chances are she will no different to the rest of them.

Edited by bigbamboo

As I have said before , anything to do with any programme the PTP were involved with , not only the rice scheme, should be investigated bah.gif

Yes and Suthep and his "shady" land deals and Palm Oil scams. Truth would tell that he is probably the most corrupt of them all.

could you put dates on those charges you are making. I will give you dates 2013 and 2014 where he is trying to stop corruption.

Your turn.

If you are having trouble coming up with dates check with Fab4 he has a lot of history books.

U think she genuinely profited privately from this?

How on earth would she hope to.keep this secret in Thailand? There isn't a whistleblower anywhere in the country yet.

So what do they expect to find. A 1000000 bazillion cash deposit to her account? The shins might be bent, but they aren't that stupid.

Putting billions of baht in stock shares in chauffeur's and gardener's names was brilliant, then?

• Like 2

Did I say anything about the NACC? No, so how can you accuse me of not understanding their task and scope?

No, rubl, I was specifically targetting your's and ratcatcher's demonstrated "leave suthep alone, he's only a bit corrupt" attitude towards corruption

My mistake surely, my dear fabs. How could I think you were unto the NACC in a topic on the NACC setting up something.

Eric mentioned 'donations' and Suthep. Well, none has any relevance with NACC. Be concerned, don't just blabber a bit, talk to the AOG and get them to charge Suthep. Go ahead.

In the mean time others here like to discuss the distractions put up by some, the obfuscation. Another example of international alarm growing. Ms. Yingluck investigated, oh no! What will be next, hidden secrets actually discovered and laid bare for all to see?

OH please, not again, do you stutter as well???

You may think it is funny but it is so obvious that the NACC is only interested in pursuing corruption that's high on their political preference and in rapid quick time too. This is not a neutral non partisan body and I am not suprise as this is a creation of the 2007 constitution.

A but, but Suthep derailing post followed up with a falsehood post.

You're on a role, Eric.

:rolleyes:

The NACC was established by the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand, Buddhist Era 2540 (1997)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aristitleism/004

Wrong. It was the NCCC in 1997. It was in the middle of a overhaul of the selection process before the NACC constituted in 2007 and came up with their idioscrantic selection process.

Is Yingluck still locked up somewhere because I haven't read about her being released?[/font][/color]

You need to "friend" her on Facebook...

Yingluck posts Facebook message to thank her supporters

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-posts-Facebook-message-to-thank-her-suppo-30235160.html

Or just read news.

Thailand's ex-PM Yingluck Shinawatra freed from custody

May 25, 2014

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/25/world/asia/thailand-coup/

Edited by Luger2

Excellent news,but they must also investigate family members and gardeners/maids as well.Could be very revealing.

...and the little boy who lived down the lane.

Why not the junta? The Admiral? Chair of Thai Air, cuts fuel prices? Entitlements of directors not listed in Thai Airs annual report?

The coup is two weeks old and you want everybody in high positions examined immediately.

There is a big pile of laundry and eventually a lot will come out in the wash.

The rice scheme/scam is of highest priority. First things first.

Let's hope the little boy who lives down the lane got his bag of rice, free of course.

Some posters want anything but a thorough investigation into the Shin clan activities. Investigate anyone, excuse anything the Shins have done or do with " but they do it".

Why are they all so scared of this family being investigated? What worries them might be found?

Not quite accurate, the posters want to see investigations on all those who have been involved in corruption in the past and present, to include the Palm Oil one, how long has that one sat on the "back burners" ?

It doesn't really take much to see that the NACC are pursuing the former PTP Government people, with a lot more vigour, than any other cases of corruption, I'd actually be interested in how many non PTP cases of corruption they were investigating at the time,?

Maybe because PTP cut the NACC budget by 60%?

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

PROBE into the assets, monies in and out ?? transactions made.???

Guilty ??? we do not know unless you have an idea something is wrong ??? and if anything is revealed it will be a fix in your eyes?? politically motivated against the elected party. amazing.

What is truly amazing is, in spite of the well known fact that the votes were bought, people still refer to the former PM's party as "elected", "democratically elected", etc.

Not trying to take sides here, but it is also a well known fact that the Democrats also bought votes, and even admitted they spend more than PTP on vote buying in the last successful general election. If you're gonna tell the story, tell ALL the story, not just the parts you like.

• Like 1

Under the new laws for what can appear in the press.

Expect to hear some incredible numbers for how much money the guilty people have made.

PROBE into the assets, monies in and out ?? transactions made.???

Guilty ??? we do not know unless you have an idea something is wrong ??? and if anything is revealed it will be a fix in your eyes?? politically motivated against the elected party. amazing.

What is truly amazing is, in spite of the well known fact that the votes were bought, people still refer to the former PM's party as "elected", "democratically elected", etc.

Not trying to take sides here, but it is also a well known fact that the Democrats also bought votes, and even admitted they spend more than PTP on vote buying in the last successful general election. If you're gonna tell the story, tell ALL the story, not just the parts you like.

" Not trying to take sides" ????? Who admitted ??? and what area was more money spent ??? the reds spent less getting to BKK ???

Thaksins band wagon ???? the amount paid to the reds during the BKK siege ??? hundreds of buses and pick-ups paid for to transport the red army ???

The red controlled villages sponsored by who ??? "I an not trying to take sides" also.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2