Visa For Retirement Over 65 (UK Citizen)

Hi,

Been investigating all the rules & regs, is it true that if you are over 65 all you have to do is show a bank a/c with your pension going in, apart from good health and no criminal record are ther any other requirements ?

Cheers

Rob

That would be for a multiple entry non-o from one of the consulates in the UK only. You just need proof of pension income.

The police and medical certificate would be for a non-oa visa from the embassy but that would require 800k baht in the bank or 65k baht income.

Those are the requirements for a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa obtained in UK.

Police report or Medical not needed.

This would mean a trip out of the country every 90 days.

You would be better off with 12 month extensions of stay.

800,000 baht in the bank

Or 65,000 Baht monthly income.

Or a combination of the two.

If you go to the visa section then all your answers will be on there.

You either need to show a bank account that has 800,000B in it for a minimum of 3 months plus a letter from your bank confirming this. Even though this can be clearly seen in your bank book. Or a letter from your Embassy here in Thailand stating that you have a pension of over 65,000B a month.. Or you can combine the two of the above showing that you have 800,000B a year to live on.

Those with more expert knowledge will no doubt reply but as I said at the beginning if you go to the 'Visa' section of the forum, the answers will most certainly be there.

If you go to the visa section then all your answers will be on there.

You either need to show a bank account that has 800,000B in it for a minimum of 3 months plus a letter from your bank confirming this. Even though this can be clearly seen in your bank book. Or a letter from your Embassy here in Thailand stating that you have a pension of over 65,000B a month.. Or you can combine the two of the above showing that you have 800,000B a year to live on.

Those with more expert knowledge will no doubt reply but as I said at the beginning if you go to the 'Visa' section of the forum, the answers will most certainly be there.

"Or a letter from your Embassy here in Thailand ..."

You seem to be describing the requirements for an extension of stay issued by immigrations to someone already in Thailand on a non-imm O or O-A.

The O/P appears (???) to be asking about a visa for which he would apply at an embassy or consulate in UK, followed by an application for an extension of stay as outlined in LiteBeer's and Ubonjoe's responses.

Not sure what "visa section" you mean. His question was posted in the visa & immigrations forum.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Don't tell UK Gov you are living in Thailand. I did and my State pension has been frozen for 6 years.

It is swings and roundabouts.

I get my pension paid direct to account in Thailand with minimal charges, in fact was paid an hour ago at 54.33. I think if I was paid in UK and transfer over the bank charges would outweigh the increments. I could not afford to only transfer 2 or 3 times a year.