Thai Airways employee jumps to his death at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Thai Airways employee jumps to his death at Suvarnabhumi
By Coconuts Bangkok

departures.jpg?itok=snQIRcoy

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Airways employee jumped to his death from the parking lot of the airline’s operations at Suvarnabhumi Airport last night.

Charlie Kalakicha leaped from the lot’s fifth floor at 11pm last night, breaking several limbs and cracking his skull. He died later at Samitivej Hospital.

An hour earlier, he reportedly had posted a farewell audio message and status on Facebook.

"Now it's time to go. Life is short,” he wrote.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/06/06/thai-airways-employee-jumps-his-death-suvarnabhumi

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-06-06

• Like 1

Just because the drain cleaner guy did not die does not mean he did not really want to kill himself. People in enough emotional pain to want to end their lives do not really think logically. Most are just looking for the nearest exit, no matter how horrible it may be. if they don't succeed, their suffering is immensely compounded. i knew a guy who put the muzzle of a gun below his chin, pointing upwards, and pulled the trigger. He did not succeed in dying, just blasted a hole through the roof of his mouth, now he has a horrible smelling drip into his mouth for the rest of his life. For the average person, there is no simple magic tablet that will end their life cleanly and painlessly. The only way I can think of to "fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep" would be a heroin or morphine overdose, or maybe a lethal injection on death row, although I hear that may be no bed of roses either.

why can't people just take a tablet and fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep instead of coming up with ways to end it that are clearly so blatantly painful. A guy near us decided to kill himself by drinking drain cleaner two years ago. It did not work and boy oh boy is his life miserable now with the constant acute pain he has in his stomach and gut caused by his insane folly. Even eating and drinking anything simply adds to the pain. he obviously really didn't want to kill himself because he is still around now despite the constant pain and agony. I wonder if this poor guy in the OP lay in the hospital bed thinking 's**t this hurts a lot, it was supposed to kill me', before his body eventually did him a favour and gave up. Poor man!

Anyway it's done it's the family and friends that have to live with the emotional pain and scars.

• Like 2

RIP, there is always someone that cant cope with life and when they have depression, they don't think straight and look for the easy solution and there is no rhyme or reason for what they do.

www.beyondblue.org.au

• Like 1

Case by case, very few know the ultimate reasons why people choose such a way.

There's simply no point in pontificating.

RIP.

Fully agree. it is like the positive cable in your head makes miscurrents with the negative.......and all sense for realism has vanished.

I had a friend in Spain, sportive guy, says byebye to his wife and 2 kids in the morning. Walks into his huge and healthy business and 10 minutes later he hangs on the sealink. That state of mind is something we will never understand.

• Like 2

There have been several people who survived jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran (most don't survive). Apparently, every last one of them says they knew they wanted to live the second after jumping.

Some people have mental issues that really make them want out, but most actually don't truly want to go through with it--they just can't see that until it's too late.

• Like 1

why can't people just take a tablet and fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep instead of coming up with ways to end it that are clearly so blatantly painful. A guy near us decided to kill himself by drinking drain cleaner two years ago. It did not work and boy oh boy is his life miserable now with the constant acute pain he has in his stomach and gut caused by his insane folly. Even eating and drinking anything simply adds to the pain. he obviously really didn't want to kill himself because he is still around now despite the constant pain and agony. I wonder if this poor guy in the OP lay in the hospital bed thinking 's**t this hurts a lot, it was supposed to kill me', before his body eventually did him a favour and gave up. Poor man!

please ,for 1 time in his life ,let "him" choose how he leaves this stink hole .

Two people I knew killed themself.....One hang himself.

The other shot himself with the pumpgun into the mouth....that must have been a terrible mess to clean.

I have had one family member commit suicide and a number of friends and acquaintances. It is a horrible situation for the survivors.

At least this employee of Thai Airways didn't decide to take a plane and take a who bunch of others with him, like the MAS pilot may have done.

• Like 1

Just because the drain cleaner guy did not die does not mean he did not really want to kill himself. People in enough emotional pain to want to end their lives do not really think logically. Most are just looking for the nearest exit, no matter how horrible it may be. if they don't succeed, their suffering is immensely compounded. i knew a guy who put the muzzle of a gun below his chin, pointing upwards, and pulled the trigger. He did not succeed in dying, just blasted a hole through the roof of his mouth, now he has a horrible smelling drip into his mouth for the rest of his life. For the average person, there is no simple magic tablet that will end their life cleanly and painlessly. The only way I can think of to "fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep" would be a heroin or morphine overdose, or maybe a lethal injection on death row, although I hear that may be no bed of roses either.

Just swallow two bottles of sleeping tablets and you will float off into a never to awaken sleep. Quite easy really. I guess the argument about the drain cleaner guy is that if he really wanted to die then when he woke up and found he had not, he would do something more final immediately. It was a cry for help it was not a true desire to die.

My brother killed himself. He strangulated himself by tying some cord round his neck looping it around a coat hook and then sat down and allowed himself to strangulate to death. He did n't even 'hang himself' in that the weight may have made it quicker, he chose slow strangulation (all because his woman left him) and it was effectively a method that if used for execution would have people screaming how barbaric it was. Those of you have mentioned that it stays with the family are right. He left a complete train wreckage behind him that I still find difficult to live with today

I am sorry to hear about your brother GentlemanJim. Very very sad mate.

May he and this man RIP.

• Like 2

Just swallow two bottles of sleeping tablets and you will float off into a never to awaken sleep. Quite easy really. I guess the argument about the drain cleaner guy is that if he really wanted to die then when he woke up and found he had not, he would do something more final immediately. It was a cry for help it was not a true desire to die.

My brother killed himself. He strangulated himself by tying some cord round his neck looping it around a coat hook and then sat down and allowed himself to strangulate to death. He did n't even 'hang himself' in that the weight may have made it quicker, he chose slow strangulation (all because his woman left him) and it was effectively a method that if used for execution would have people screaming how barbaric it was. Those of you have mentioned that it stays with the family are right. He left a complete train wreckage behind him that I still find difficult to live with today

I don't understand why the authorities in some countries seem so hell bent in preventing people from dying with dignity?

They had a documentary on BBC reporting that many elderly Australians for example for whatever reason, have been travelling to places like Mexico to purchase sodium pentobarbital (Nembutal) which veterinary surgeons use to euthanise animals. Apparently it is easy to purchase Nembutal in Mexico where, as in many other countries even veterinary surgeons can no longer obtain this. Of course, by doing so they are smuggling it into Australia but strictly for their own use at a later date in their lives.

Apparently it is a very peaceful ending but BBC reported that just recently the Western Australian police have been actually raiding homes where they suspect Nembutal is being stored and if they find it on the premises, they won't hesitate to prosecute.blink.png I can't understand why the police in Western Australia are so determined to prevent a person from dying in a dignified way at a time they chose.

i keep asking what is the agenda here by governments and authorities ?

• Like 1

Been there about 7 years ago, and there is not a day that passes that it does not cross my mind...like you said, it's with us to the grave....

My sincere condolences, but ...

If people feel compelled to end it all, can they not choose a method that seriously endangers other people, such as jumping of a building? Landing on top of other people will kill or cripple them.

Alas, making such a public show of it is satisfying for the ego and gains plenty of media attention.

Edited by tubby johnson
  • Like 1