Thai Airways employee jumps to his death at Suvarnabhumi Airport

webfact

Why do so many people in this country think they can fly?

I bet a farang pushed him!

Unfortunately a lot of people, often foreigners have ended their lives this way in Thailand. Not long ago, I think earlier this year a foreigner also killed himself at Suvarnabhumi airport in a very similar fashion.

Anyway I don't think your thinly veiled racism needs to come into this discussion. It was a tragic end to this guy's life, but I hardly think one of the few foreigners who is visiting Thailand now (yes, there really aren't many tourists around at all given the political situation) would have had anything to do with this employee's decision. May he rest in peace.

My little story falls under the suicide topic, I think. Several months after discovering my Thai girlfriend already had a boyfriend living in USA (big surprise, right?), The USA man sms's me asking me if I was aware Hanny (now both our former girlfriend) committed suicide. Although she was a liar and a cheat, I did love her before I found out all the bad. And even though I had left her and moved on, I was still very distraught and mourned her death for two weeks. My friends consoled me and I kept thinking what a waste of a life and what I could have done to prevent it.

I never got any real confirmation that it was true. The USA BF didn't reply with any further details. She had slit her wrists after her first boyfriend left her and she was hospitalised for trying again when I left her and told her USA boyfriend about us. So I assumed she did it and was dead. I still tried to get more info. I had a Thai friend call around to police stations in the towns she frequented. I sent her messages on all the chat apps, Skype, Wechat, Line etc

. I sent messages to her friends on one of her FB pages hoping to get some confirmation. But nothing. Then two weeks later, she replies to me! I couldn't believe it. I asked again and again, are you alive?? I want to her your voice! She sent me a quick voice memo "yes, I'm ok". She asked me why I'm asking if she's alive and why I care. I said because I thought you were F'ing dead! Then I get an SMS from the USA boyfriend saying she is not dead. He said her friend sent him photo of dead corpse on pavement saying it was Hanny. That she had jumped from her 25th floor apartment. It wasn't Hanny, It was a stock photo of some other deceased woman.

Is there a moral to the story?? I'm not sure, but stay away from a habitual liar named Hanny with a penchant for drama and a death-wish.

My little story falls under the suicide topic, I think. Several months after discovering my Thai girlfriend already had a boyfriend living in USA (big surprise, right?), The USA man sms's me asking me if I was aware Hanny (now both our former girlfriend) committed suicide. Although she was a liar and a cheat, I did love her before I found out all the bad. And even though I had left her and moved on, I was still very distraught and mourned her death for two weeks. My friends consoled me and I kept thinking what a waste of a life and what I could have done to prevent it.

I never got any real confirmation that it was true. The USA BF didn't reply with any further details. She had slit her wrists after her first boyfriend left her and she was hospitalised for trying again when I left her and told her USA boyfriend about us. So I assumed she did it and was dead. I still tried to get more info. I had a Thai friend call around to police stations in the towns she frequented. I sent her messages on all the chat apps, Skype, Wechat, Line etc

. I sent messages to her friends on one of her FB pages hoping to get some confirmation. But nothing. Then two weeks later, she replies to me! I couldn't believe it. I asked again and again, are you alive?? I want to her your voice! She sent me a quick voice memo "yes, I'm ok". She asked me why I'm asking if she's alive and why I care. I said because I thought you were F'ing dead! Then I get an SMS from the USA boyfriend saying she is not dead. He said her friend sent him photo of dead corpse on pavement saying it was Hanny. That she had jumped from her 25th floor apartment. It wasn't Hanny, It was a stock photo of some other deceased woman.

Is there a moral to the story?? I'm not sure, but stay away from a habitual liar named Hanny with a penchant for drama and a death-wish.

I understand what you are saying, but TIT, life means nothing, you can cry for months thinking your loved one has passed, but wow your loved one is getting funded from another guy, no care about you....

why can't people just take a tablet and fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep instead of coming up with ways to end it that are clearly so blatantly painful. A guy near us decided to kill himself by drinking drain cleaner two years ago. It did not work and boy oh boy is his life miserable now with the constant acute pain he has in his stomach and gut caused by his insane folly. Even eating and drinking anything simply adds to the pain. he obviously really didn't want to kill himself because he is still around now despite the constant pain and agony. I wonder if this poor guy in the OP lay in the hospital bed thinking 's**t this hurts a lot, it was supposed to kill me', before his body eventually did him a favour and gave up. Poor man!

I don't understand why the authorities in some countries seem so hell bent in preventing people from dying with dignity?

They had a documentary on BBC reporting that many elderly Australians for example for whatever reason, have been travelling to places like Mexico to purchase sodium pentobarbital (Nembutal) which veterinary surgeons use to euthanise animals. Apparently it is easy to purchase Nembutal in Mexico where, as in many other countries even veterinary surgeons can no longer obtain this. Of course, by doing so they are smuggling it into Australia but strictly for their own use at a later date in their lives.

Apparently it is a very peaceful ending but BBC reported that just recently the Western Australian police have been actually raiding homes where they suspect Nembutal is being stored and if they find it on the premises, they won't hesitate to prosecute.blink.png I can't understand why the police in Western Australia are so determined to prevent a person from dying in a dignified way at a time they chose.

i keep asking what is the agenda here by governments and authorities ?

I know of a few people here in oz who have got a couple of bottles of Nembutal in the cupboard for when the time comes..one was raided after a tip off and it was confiscated.. he went down hill fast.. loaded his car with flowers drove to a nice spot overlooking the ocean and connected the hose from his exhaust to inside the car and effectively gassed himself...riddled with cancer and tumours and all sorts of other things,, he left a note thanked his family and friends for sharing his life was not sorry that he did what he did and claimed it would be better than rotting away in a hospital bed and acknowledged that this way found him some dignity in death.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your brother committed suicide on a train and then the train crashed? Amazing, what are the odds on that happening. Was anyone killed?

post 27

If I could call you a complete As_hole on here I would. Thank God you are not in my company at the moment. So you deem it is funny to take the piss out of another members family committing suicide - My family member. Words fail me, apart from Oxygen thief springs to mind. I hope your next s**t is a hedgehog you moron.

Yes, what a crass comment.

If there is just a fraction of humanity in this person they owe you an apology (and would feel better of it).

RIP to your Brother GJ.

• Like 1

why can't people just take a tablet and fade off into a blissful never to awaken sleep instead of coming up with ways to end it that are clearly so blatantly painful. A guy near us decided to kill himself by drinking drain cleaner two years ago. It did not work and boy oh boy is his life miserable now with the constant acute pain he has in his stomach and gut caused by his insane folly. Even eating and drinking anything simply adds to the pain. he obviously really didn't want to kill himself because he is still around now despite the constant pain and agony. I wonder if this poor guy in the OP lay in the hospital bed thinking 's**t this hurts a lot, it was supposed to kill me', before his body eventually did him a favour and gave up. Poor man!

I can never understand why people throw themselves in front of a bus or drink acid.

If you have to do it then go in pleasure.

A big overdose of H would be the best way to go in my view. Maybe an asphyxi-wank (Michael Hutchance style) if feeling a bit adventurous.

when i was younger I knew a person who did this. It was the neighbours daughter and she decided to drink weed killer. It took her days, agonizing days, to die.

please ,for 1 time in his life ,let "him" choose how he leaves this stink hole .

Where have I said I am taking his right to choice away? I am questioning it from a personal point of view. Do you think it was the person of reason within him that chose to do that? Do you think if he knew he was going to fall 5 floors and be completely broken then loaded on a gurney to die alone in a hospital bed hours later in excruciating pain that he would have carried on with the plan?

Lets have a bit of sensibility and compassion here. People that sit down and CHOOSE the way they are going to die and take their own lives do not do it in a violent way. Of the people that are in a position to really choose about suicide, those people who are terminally ill who have the luxury of living in a country that allows assisted suicide all choose to die in a relaxed, dignified way. These people have really thought through the 'life vs death' dichotomy and have discussed it with qualified people. They arrive at a quality decision. This poor man has clearly been in severe mental turmoil and if he had really been given the help and the right to sit down and talk through the process with another caring human and then CHOOSE then the chances are he would still be at work today...just like my brother would have been.

yes ,you are right .

Too painful.

This proves he was not only desperate,but also not very clever ?

You have to be smart to choose a painless method.

Or am i wrong again?

please ,for 1 time in his life ,let "him" choose how he leaves this stink hole .

Where have I said I am taking his right to choice away? I am questioning it from a personal point of view. Do you think it was the person of reason within him that chose to do that? Do you think if he knew he was going to fall 5 floors and be completely broken then loaded on a gurney to die alone in a hospital bed hours later in excruciating pain that he would have carried on with the plan?

Lets have a bit of sensibility and compassion here. People that sit down and CHOOSE the way they are going to die and take their own lives do not do it in a violent way. Of the people that are in a position to really choose about suicide, those people who are terminally ill who have the luxury of living in a country that allows assisted suicide all choose to die in a relaxed, dignified way. These people have really thought through the 'life vs death' dichotomy and have discussed it with qualified people. They arrive at a quality decision. This poor man has clearly been in severe mental turmoil and if he had really been given the help and the right to sit down and talk through the process with another caring human and then CHOOSE then the chances are he would still be at work today...just like my brother would have been.

yes ,you are right .

Too painful.

This proves he was not only desperate,but also not very clever ?

You have to be smart to choose a painless method.

Or am i wrong again?

I never said you were wrong the first time.

There have been several people who survived jumping off of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fran (most don't survive). Apparently, every last one of them says they knew they wanted to live the second after jumping.

Some people have mental issues that really make them want out, but most actually don't truly want to go through with it--they just can't see that until it's too late.

Not true. There have been repeat jumpers although most survivors do say that they regretted their decision the moment they went over the rail.

My friend in the Coast Guard is stationed at Fort Baker and one of his job responsibilities is to find and pull jumpers out of the bay. He says that they are mangled up very badly and it gives him nightmares.

If I end up with some incurable cancer or other disease, I'm going to take a boatload of pain meds and Valium and goout quietly and painlessly and not leave a big mess behind for others to deal with.