Can I buy a train ticket online or on the phone?

banagan

I want to buy a train ticket to Bangkok for the 11th. Can I do this online, or on the phone?

I managed to buy a bus ticket in 7-11 by ringing the green bus, then them giving a number to the clerk and I paid him...

Is either an option?

Cheers

The only way we've been able to find for a third party to do this is to pay a travel agent or hotel to arrange the booking. In Bangkok, the hotel where we normally stay will send someone to the train station to arrange a booking on the night train to Chiang Mai for something like 200 baht, which is well worth the price. I think they just send one of their bellmen to the train station to buy tickets for us and the 200 baht covers his BTS/MTS fare with a little left over.

Another option. Nakon Chai Air bus to Bangkok, around 650 baht first class if you really want to save money. Safe reliable drivers ,10 hours ,always arrive on time,food on board, reclining seats.

Choice of getting off at Rangist, or their transit centre at Mor Chit. Book ticket by phone ,P/U 7/11. Have web site.

As against rail which is twice the price and totally unreliable in safety,comfort and arrival time.

Air still better, depends on what amount of time you have.

Don't listen to them. Everyone should take the train -- at least once. It's a great way to see the countryside, get a fairly good night's sleep, eat some OK Thai food at a reasonable price and usually you get to chat with some moderatly interesting fellow passengers.

Call me crazy, but when I started think I was "too busy" in retirement to take the train between Bangkok and Chiang Mai is when I began to question how I was spending my time. When Bangkok Airways/SkyTrain looked like a better way to have a weekend of shopping fun in Bangkok -- it got really got me wondering when it would be time to retire from retirement.

• Like 1