Suicide by THAI official after Facebook 'farewell'

Lite Beer

DEATH AT SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Airways International employee jumped to his death from a five-storey office building in Suvarnabhumi airport on Thursday night moments after leaving an audio message and a note on Facebook.

Police said they were interviewing relatives and colleagues of Charlie Kalakicha, 42, to find out why he killed himself. Charlie was part of the airline's ground team at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

In the Facebook post at about 9.30pm he wrote: "It's time now. Life is so short. Thank you everyone for knowing each other. I need to say goodbye to everyone. It's my time now."

In a one-minute audio message, he asked for forgiveness if he had hurt anyone and forgave everyone who had hurt him.

"You don't know what it's like facing the situation that I am in. It's all blocked up," he said. Police said security cameras captured Charlie parking his car at the building at around 9pm. He then walked through a fire exit and went off camera.

Meanwhile, traffic police in Bangkok have vowed to strictly enforce a new campaign starting on Monday that focuses on strong enforcement of traffic laws.

The blitz will include towing away vehicles, locking wheels, arrests, detention - and traffic cops being polite, Royal Thai Police adviser Lt-General Wuthi Liptapallop said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-06-07

• Like 1

The blitz will include towing away vehicles, locking wheels, arrests, detention - and traffic cops being polite, Royal Thai Police adviser Lt-General Wuthi Liptapallop said.

Well that is certainly going to stop people from committing suicide across the country. The thought of having your vehicle towed away after I have jumped would certainly deter me, how would I get to the pearly gates?

Yeah. I could quite work out the sudden tangent too. How disrespectful!

• Like 2

Meanwhile, traffic police in Bangkok have vowed to strictly enforce a new campaign starting on Monday that focuses on strong enforcement of traffic laws.

How bizarre for a news story to twist onto such a different tangent,so are they blaming the traffic police because he drove his car to the jumping building?

It is sad that people cant work out their issues and end their life so early like this. Has to be such a waste.

Didn't Swamp spend 11m baht to stop jumpers on the airport, as if that was going to work. I am referring to enclosing the walk way from 5th floor to the short time car park.

The Thai army better batten down security at that cesspool of breaches, Suvarnibhumi. The one that the yellow shirts commandeered while the Thai army stood by and did nothing. The one where the airport official slapped a security worker at the checkpint for instructing him to go through the metal detector. The one with all the reported "duty free" scams .

Suicide (or any kind of death) is, obviously, the most permanent solution. I get it, but I don't get it. If you don't have any mental issues that need medical attention, I guess you have decided there is no point to living, no meaning, no passion, nothing. in the very short-run, i'm sure we have all felt that way. but to end life is, well, extremely sad.

so, email people you might worry about. be positive. you might just save their life

good luck all

DEATH AT SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Airways International employee jumped to his death from a five-storey office building in Suvarnabhumi airport on Thursday night moments after leaving an audio message and a note on Facebook.

Police said they were interviewing relatives and colleagues of Charlie Kalakicha, 42, to find out why he killed himself. Charlie was part of the airline's ground team at Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

In the Facebook post at about 9.30pm he wrote: "It's time now. Life is so short. Thank you everyone for knowing each other. I need to say goodbye to everyone. It's my time now."

In a one-minute audio message, he asked for forgiveness if he had hurt anyone and forgave everyone who had hurt him.

"You don't know what it's like facing the situation that I am in. It's all blocked up," he said. Police said security cameras captured Charlie parking his car at the building at around 9pm. He then walked through a fire exit and went off camera.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-06-07

Why are they talking about traffic enforcement in the same story?

Sent from my c64

when they told us a million chimps working away on a million typewriters would eventually turn out the complete works of shakespeare..... they lied.

THIS is all they manage to churn out year after year....

AND WHY are there so many mentally unstable people 'allowed' to work in the public sector??

we are literally surrounded by lunatics & fanatics!

Edited by edgarfriendly
  • Like 1

"Meanwhile, traffic police in Bangkok have vowed to strictly enforce a new campaign starting on Monday that focuses on strong enforcement of traffic laws.

The blitz will include towing away vehicles, locking wheels, arrests, detention - and traffic cops being polite, Royal Thai Police adviser Lt-General Wuthi Liptapallop said."

I guess The Nation editor finally sobered up, as this portion of the article is no longer in the article on the webpage.

Had a mate commit suicide 2 years ago and nobody and I mean nobody seen it coming.

Fit a golfer and a surfer trained everyday for competition and 3 beautiful kids.

No signs what so ever yet somewhere there was a hidden depression.

To even make jokes of such an insensitive nature when it affects so many people just shows how low people can get.

And the nation should have a complete overall of its staff!

YAY!!! My family actually applauded your post when I read it9 we're a small family of three, but sincere about being human).

Frakking Yay!!!

Here, here and there, there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today -- you're my hero! Good on you, hell yeah, and every similar phrase to you. wai.gif

I lost a friend. too. On the web, it is easy to forget the difference between typed characters and a human being.

thumbsup.gif

when they told us a million chimps working away on a million typewriters would eventually turn out the complete works of shakespeare..... they lied.

THIS is all they manage to churn out year after year....

AND WHY are there so many mentally unstable people 'allowed' to work in the public sector??

we are literally surrounded by lunatics & fanatics!

Well, at least Charlie did it only to himself versus the more unstable ones in the good ol' USA (where most lunatics and fanatics are) trying to take as many with them.

We don't know the details of why he had to do it, but he seemed quite courteous in his goodbye post. Could've just hit the dead end? Not sure I'd call him mentally unstable. Finances, disease, lost his family in an accident,...

And PLEASE, how come these two things together, suicide and traffic control ???

I guess some-one was out of his mind when made this article.

Check out the original source from the Nation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Suicide-by-THAI-official-after-Facebook-farewell-30235662.html

The new traffic police note was not included in this original tragic and sad story.

The reds pushed him.

Third world hunger? Red thugs.

Malaria? Red toxin mercenaries made the stuff and weaponized it, obviously.

President Obama's hangnail? Must be a red ear wax technician.

Sadly, I don't appreciate your post.Sarca

Sarcasm is a great when used correctly ... you have used it poorly.