Police told to get better results

Lite Beer

I don't know the army are starting to win me over with the way they are scolding the police into actually doing some work

But then you have Prauth talking about the need for kids to learn about "being Thai" more in schools like they haven't all been getting that knocked into their heads since birth

It's based on the Nth Korean model where everyone unconditionally supports little kimmie and the military or else. More brainwashing and the ability to have individual thoughts and feelings has to be removed from Thais then there is be no more Suthep protests and everyone will walk around like robots with exactly the same thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F1cYb9xYQIU

Sounds more like the Thaksin model to me . . . but each to their own . . .

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Thaksin have a way of dealing with drug dealers?

Maybe near all were not dealers or top notch, 2,500 + were kids from villages and others who were easy pickings to snuff out--ask the father of his sons whereabouts--re Kalasin. missing persons list ??? so many documented. Bosnia killings young men ??? and he got away with it. I think near genocide .

Legalize all drugs, tax the s**t out of them the way they do alcohol and tobacco, and regulate them so people will be getting better quality. Allow survival of the fittest to rule. The junkies will die off and a stronger breed of species will survive. We are too far beyond the point of ever eliminating drugs from any culture.

• Like 1

This is about restoring public confidence in the Police as much as it is about delivering results. Although it is an "order" it is a positive order aimed at a lawless section of society that has increasingly got out of control because of the lack of enforcement. Let's hope the Police can deliver - there are some very good elements in the force, very committed people. The truth will be if some of the elements within the force who may be involved in the drug trade will be cleaned up in this process. If we get to this, it will be the beginning of a turning point. Keep it up.

You will never get rid of drugs, if you can't even get rid of it in prison... When are these fools going to realize that

so whats your solution carry on as normal,there is some awful drugs out there nowadays..i dont mean grass..wai.gif

The most awful of drugs like Oxycontin and various Bath Salts are completely legal. And yes I mean legalize all of it from grass to Ya Ba and Heroin. If there is demand, there will always be a supply, and the recent spate of drug killings shows you that even thousands of deaths cannot stop the drug trade, the profits and demand is just too high. Efforts should be made to educate people, especially teenagers on how certain drugs affect and damage your body. If it was legalized, it could be regulated so that it would be out of reach from teenagers. Im sure there are plenty of drug dealers who sell Ya Ba to kids without even caring a single bit.

And anyway, once really good quality cannabis, ecstasy (which is much safer than tobacco and alcohol), mushrooms and LSD are legalized, the demand for extremely dangerous drugs like Ya Ba and Heroin will die a natural death.

Are you serious? That - Ya Ba and Heroin are dangerous - and that Mushrooms and LSD and 'ecstacy' are OK?

Firstly learn how to spell when you name drugs. Even the pharmaceuticals. Oxycontin? Spell it right!

Secondly, when you talk about 'ecstacy' being safer than tobacco or alcohol - you need to do your research a lot more.

That 'ecstacy' (as you call it) is a major threat to kids and to society. It is a very serious threat to people.

Do you even know how it works? What it is? How it is made? The effects it has on your brain and spinal fluids?

My son died from drugs. He was 21 years old.

I am a highly qualified scientist.

I do not subscribe to this stuff you wrote at all. It is BS.

Wake up!

While I agree about the legalization of substances (your main point), - I cannot agree with your lack of knowledge.

A friend of mine just said this..

A little difficult to digest at first but it kinda makes sense

"What ppl don't understand is that getting drug dealers off the streets aren't the answer. Ex-judicial culling is preferred since if they are jailed, the state will have to pay for their meals and utilities, hence thinning the lining in personal pockets"

I even remember when cullings were

enforced, dealers and users alike

were shaking in their boots!

Edited by desmondspencer

I don't know the army are starting to win me over with the way they are scolding the police into actually doing some work

But then you have Prauth talking about the need for kids to learn about "being Thai" more in schools like they haven't all been getting that knocked into their heads since birth

It's based on the Nth Korean model where everyone unconditionally supports little kimmie and the military or else. More brainwashing and the ability to have individual thoughts and feelings has to be removed from Thais then there is be no more Suthep protests and everyone will walk around like robots with exactly the same thoughts.

Ha Ha ha !!

Not working out so well for you now Red Chook.

The Red Brainwashing is being reversed and the reds are going to jail for all their crimes.

Actually I think the reds are low life pieces of trash and their leader should be in jail, so if that makes a red supporter then so be it. I also think the other side is just as bad. The people caught in the middle are the ones I really support.

Chooka get real, quote "the other side is just as bad" as bad as what ??? Thaksins drug vigil, nothing to compare sorry---------this last 3 years of incredible-diabolical governing, paid red thugs.

Look there is NO comparison, only in the terms of street skirmishes, disruption etc your talking about big time here remember, and not to start to go back a few years to dig out something relevant. I did with the biggest deal of all re drugs but recent times ---no comparison

This cleaning up of Dung is nth Korean style---GET REAL. Last night TV the General was into great detail of what is happening and what he Thinks Thais need for the future.

• Like 2

You will never get rid of drugs, if you can't even get rid of it in prison... When are these fools going to realize that

so whats your solution carry on as normal,there is some awful drugs out there nowadays..i dont mean grass..wai.gif

The most awful of drugs like Oxycontin and various Bath Salts are completely legal. And yes I mean legalize all of it from grass to Ya Ba and Heroin. If there is demand, there will always be a supply, and the recent spate of drug killings shows you that even thousands of deaths cannot stop the drug trade, the profits and demand is just too high. Efforts should be made to educate people, especially teenagers on how certain drugs affect and damage your body. If it was legalized, it could be regulated so that it would be out of reach from teenagers. Im sure there are plenty of drug dealers who sell Ya Ba to kids without even caring a single bit.

And anyway, once really good quality cannabis, ecstasy (which is much safer than tobacco and alcohol), mushrooms and LSD are legalized, the demand for extremely dangerous drugs like Ya Ba and Heroin will die a natural death.

what I find strange is that the only people that tell people that drugs are ok are those hooked on them. I have many mates in their 50's in Australia that continually say that smoking grass has no ill effects and is better for you than alcohol etc, the fact that they are totally paranoid and cannot control themselves without their daily rations goes right over their heads. Drugs designed to relieve pain may be just as bad but at least they are doing what they are meant to, relieving the pain due to injury, not just giving the user a high because they cannot hack their life without it because of their lack of will power, if you have to do recreational drugs it just shows how pathetic you really are.

• Like 1

But you can minimize the police corruption and clean it up. The Thai army should also crackdown on human trafficking that would restore a lot of happiness.

That would mean the Army would be cracking down on the Navy.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pol Gen Pongsapat ‘Judy’ Pongcharoen is the ‘telephone poll’ that Thaksin thought could win the post of Bangkok Governor for him. The NCPO have tasked him with a dilemma as he will have to suppress his ‘brothers’ in the RTA to make any real dent in the drug trade. Will he ask for ‘volunteers’ to get out of the business? Would any of them voluntarily give up their, very lucrative, drug businesses? I don't think so. He will fail and it will be the excuse the NCPO needs to get rid of yet one more Thaksin lackey.

On a side note, it is a sorry state of affairs when the main drivers of the drug trade are within the police department itself. For politicians to get the police on their side, they have to 'look the other way' and allow them to continue with their criminal enterprises. Much of ills in Thai society come from 'looking the other way'. Mai bpen rai is their mantra.

New York City had a major widespread police drug corruption racket. The NY Times broke the story in 1970 which led to the Knapp Commission and the bust, termination, loss of benefits and jail sentences for dozens of NYPD detectives, public offcials, bankers, and street cops. The film Serpico generally covers this, the French Connection touches it, and American Gangster threads it.

Bangkok and Thailand can clean up their police corruption, but it takes the will of national civilian leadership and conviction by the people. Thais seem to lack the sustaining will to do anything with conviction and energy. It always seems to be a dry run for Thais. Lots of puff, bluster and show. Little follow up the food chain and never a serious bust of high public officals for drug trafficking. Never a banker arrested in Thailand.

• Like 2

But you can minimize the police corruption and clean it up. The Thai army should also crackdown on human trafficking that would restore a lot of happiness.

That would mean the Army would be cracking down on the Navy.

Maybe best not confuse the simple folk by revealing that corruption doesn't somehow end with the Military.

Police bad, Army good.

Must be some nervous BIB

They have seen it all before.

They just have to share their tea money temporarily every once in a while.

Corruption is a part of people's mindset here in Thailand and it is taught in schools from primary school to university.

Red shirt, Yellow shirt, Army.

It will make no difference.

Its endemic!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sounds like "Chooka's World"!

I think that was Thaksin's ideal world....until it got shot to pieceslaugh.png

Out last night a number of police checkpoints, for drink driving, army there to make sure they do it, along with some army "Selfies" with police.

Maybe a good thing, but how about paying the Police a living wage so they don't have to be part of problem.

• Like 1

What needs to go with RTP reformation and cracking down on crime is a "Proceeds of Crime Act" similar to some Western nations, which would legislate that not only the illicit goods be confiscated, but that all the unaccounted for wealth and assets be summarily ceased as assumed to have been purchased from previous crime. The Act would cover not just drug crimes but corruption, human trafficking, all crimes.

If crafted properly, a policeman suspected of accepting bribes could have his house searched, and all cash, bank accounts and assets that can not immediately be accounted for by his family income, will be confiscated pending his supplying proof of how he came to own them.Further to that, if proof is supplied, for example his wife has a lucrative market stall, tax receipts for the amount need to be shown.

Imagine that!

Probably double the national GDP in one year as well as providing a huge disincentive to corruption.

• Like 2

Out last night a number of police checkpoints, for drink driving, army there to make sure they do it, along with some army "Selfies" with police.

Maybe a good thing, but how about paying the Police a living wage so they don't have to be part of problem.

Only when each individual can prove after real police training, that he is sound in actual police job description.

His main role is to protect the general public and fight against crime, walking about the neighbourhood talking to the people and observing, put a police house in every village -having this presence to eliminate drugs, drunkenness, theft, hooligans.

Having this police house amongst the not so good families would reign them in so much.

• Like 2

Are you serious? That - Ya Ba and Heroin are dangerous - and that Mushrooms and LSD and 'ecstacy' are OK?

Firstly learn how to spell when you name drugs. Even the pharmaceuticals. Oxycontin? Spell it right!

Secondly, when you talk about 'ecstacy' being safer than tobacco or alcohol - you need to do your research a lot more.

That 'ecstacy' (as you call it) is a major threat to kids and to society. It is a very serious threat to people.

Do you even know how it works? What it is? How it is made? The effects it has on your brain and spinal fluids?

My son died from drugs. He was 21 years old.

I am a highly qualified scientist.

I do not subscribe to this stuff you wrote at all. It is BS.

Wake up!

While I agree about the legalization of substances (your main point), - I cannot agree with your lack of knowledge.

Oxycontin is spelled that way, what do you mean (it's just a trade name anyway / OxyContin)? I have done plenty of research on MDMA and I do in fact think that it is safer than alcohol and tobacco, of course there is potential for overdose, but my point was that it is safer than alcohol and tobacco and those are perfectly legal if consumed in safe and reasonable doses. What I mean by ecstasy is of course MDMA in its purest form, apologies I was just trying to put my views down in laymen terms.

This is from "Alice! Health Promotion at Columbia University — a division of Columbia Health": (Source: http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/ecstasy-drains-spinal-fluid)

Ecstasy appears to exert its effects through increasing levels of serotonin (a brain chemical) in your body. In regards to your question about ecstasy draining spinal fluid, rest assured that the popular theory is nothing more than a myth. The rumor likely derived from a 1994 study in which levels of serotonin breakdown products were measured in the spinal fluid of several long-term ecstasy users. In order to obtain spinal fluid from their subjects, the experimenters had to insert a needle into the lower backs of the participants and remove some of their cerebrospinal fluid. It seems that somehow, this procedure was distorted in the popular imagination into a myth that the drug itself depletes spinal fluid. As one of the myth-busting sites Alice visited explained, "it is "MDMA research", not "MDMA" that may drain your spinal fluid!" Although there are many other reasons that ecstasy use is dangerous and harmful to your body, the theory that it drains you of your spinal fluid holds absolutely no water.

Do I recommend anyone to take any of these substances? Of course not, there are dangers to everything, even Big Macs. My point is that, drugs like Ya Ba are popular in Thailand because it is easy to produce and transport and you only need a very small amount to have a very strong intoxicating effect, they are more efficient for smuggling. If drugs are legalized, this will reduce all contamination overdoses to 0, as what goes in is regulated and we know what is exactly in it. It is very difficult to treat addicts when all kinds of chemicals are mixed in to increase the weight or potency of drugs, we simply do not know what's in it and how the chemistry effects the users body. I am very sorry about your son, it is very tragic and sad to lose someone in such a way. But millions of people have died from alcohol and tobacco as well, what we need in place is education on how much you should take and how it would effect your body. I have known people who have died because they thought they were purchasing MDMA (that's what their dealer said) when in fact they were given methamphetamine. they of course ingested far too much and overdosed. 6 people died that night from 1 concert in Malaysia in march from what is suspected to be from the same batch. This would not have happened at all if they knew with absolute certainty what they were ingesting and how to safely consume such substances.

Edited by anantha92
  • Like 2

the drug trade in Thailand is run by the police. its going to be very difficult to do anything about it. arresting or exterminating dealers that arent part of the police only monopolizes their control of the market more.

Edited by slygeeza

part of the reform could be the legalization of Ganja. With it's medical properties (over 200) Thais could calm down a bit. - Most of other narcotics make the usually large percentage of short fused men and women even more aggressive.

Go tough on these narcotics ...

• Like 2

This whole thread has been about the drug trade. Ok, fair enough: a serious problem.

But what about the other parts of police work? I would absolutely love to see some police cruisers in Thai cities just doing nothing more onerous than stopping speeding or insane driving and bringing the full force of the law against offenders.

Has anyone here ever seen a police cruiser chasing a car or truck or m/bike cos they are speeding????

• Like 1

quote : He said officials strictly must not be involved in trading illicit drugs.

I have to say I absolutely loooove that one...w00t.gif I guess from now on when they give their guns to the policemen for the first time there will be is a special training session where they are told in all earnestness that these weapons are not to be used for :

- bank robberies

- extortion

- personal revenge

- wife removal

- threatening neighbors who complain because you made too much noise last night

- and a few other things I can't think of right now but you guys are welcome to fill in the blanks.

crazy.gif

Edited by Yann55