storage/or basic rental in BKK - does good value exist?

hermespan

Maybe there are some other guys out there like me...

You're not enamored with Bangkok, but for 25 years you've been passing through BKK/DMK and you don't see that stopping. You are fed up stashing bags at hotels and guesthouses, stashing bags here and there with friends - you want a SECURE, cheap place to keep all your Asia stuff in this transport/food/nightlife hub. You keep valuables in a safe box, but there is the matter of all your clothes, your bicycle, whatever.

Hmm, rental apartment? You're away 3-6 months at a time and you worry about break-ins and plumbing damage.

Hmm, Storage facilities - not convenient location.

You'd like the stash to be big enough you can have a shower and sleep too. But the goal is NOT to establish roots - just a depot.

You have tried CNX and even PNH, but they are not central for flights connecting East Asia, USA, Europe etc. BANGKOK is the center of your transportation universe even though you dislike the megopolis for more than 10 days.

You have looked at apartments within budget (under THB1500 month) but the doors don't have steel gates. Pattaya? But that defeats Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang access priority. And unfortunately, unlike KLIA1 and KLIA2 they are distant from each other. You spend more time in the city anyway. So you look on the BTS line (too much hassle with security checks on Metro). You might end up in Colombia or Ukraine so you're not big on paying serious money on a stash. In some cases you may be gone for years.

Edited by hermespan

I've heard of storage collection and delivery systems before where they collect, store and deliver your goods on demand.

This allows the company to be based somewhere inconvenient (and where warehouse rent is cheap) but they will deliver your items to you when you need them.

With secure lockable storage containers / chests / trunks I'm sure someone could make a good service out of this.

I've heard of storage collection and delivery systems before where they collect, store and deliver your goods on demand.

This allows the company to be based somewhere inconvenient (and where warehouse rent is cheap) but they will deliver your items to you when you need them.

With secure lockable storage containers / chests / trunks I'm sure someone could make a good service out of this.

Yes, indeed I did research over a year ago (related in a post) but the price was as much as a cheap apartment and ties me fown for brief windows of opportunity. However the key advantage of such a setvicd is security.

Right now I'm thinking what makes more sense is getting 3-5 bachelor friends on the sane page to share costs.

Edited by hermespan

Where in the city do you want this "stash house" to be located? I know of a few in the On Nut area that are 1,500-2,000 THB per month ... They get cheaper as you head towards Lad Krabang and the airport. Alternatively, you could use my spare bedroom and give me 1,000. LoL!

Where in the city do you want this "stash house" to be located? I know of a few in the On Nut area that are 1,500-2,000 THB per month ... They get cheaper as you head towards Lad Krabang and the airport. Alternatively, you could use my spare bedroom and give me 1,000. LoL!

Location: Anywhere within 10-15 minute taxi ride from any BTS station

Invite me to send a pm if you are serious re: spare room. We could meet. Various factors to consider

• 2 months later...