True Visions Free Upgrade?

curtklay

Does anyone know what this new message floating across the bottom of the screen is about? It says something about "True Visions Pic" ending soon, and offering subscribers to change to "True Visions Group" and receiving additional channels at no extra charge. What the heck is True Visions Pic? I subscribe to True Visions Gold Package. Does this message mean anything to me? Their website doesn't offer any clarity either.

I think I have some idea. If you have read any of my recent posts about True Visions and their billing or alternatives to True Visions, you will understand.

A few months ago, True Visions called me and told me they were changing to True Visions Group. They asked if I would voluntarily say 'okay'. If I did, they would give me 3 free months of Platinum. They said nothing would change, just the name. They stayed true to their word. They gave me 3 months of free platinum. However, when it came time to pay the bill, I suddenly found that the usual channels for bill payment didn't work, ATMs (UOB and Krungsri) and 7-11 both couldn't process payment. In fact, they are still having problems. I still can't pay by ATM. 7-11 still has problems. Their iService doesn't work for Credit Card payment. It is a mess.

I would guess that it isn't "Pic". Rather, I think you are seeing "Plc" or "P L C" for Public Company Limited. I think they are trying to put all of True's services under one organization, True Visions Group.

• Like 2

I've taken the "upgrade". It only entails a phone call.

I'm assuming it's some sort of re-branding exercise. I'm a Platinum satellite subscriber and I received 3 extra HD movie channels, Truesport 3 HD and BeIn HD sports.

I haven't checked out all of the extra channels but the deal seems OK. I think you lose 1 Thai channel.

For what it's worth I was assured there is no extra cost and I can revert back to pre-upgrade if I'm not happy.

I think I have some idea. If you have read any of my recent posts about True Visions and their billing or alternatives to True Visions, you will understand.

A few months ago, True Visions called me and told me they were changing to True Visions Group. They asked if I would voluntarily say 'okay'. If I did, they would give me 3 free months of Platinum. They said nothing would change, just the name. They stayed true to their word. They gave me 3 months of free platinum. However, when it came time to pay the bill, I suddenly found that the usual channels for bill payment didn't work, ATMs (UOB and Krungsri) and 7-11 both couldn't process payment. In fact, they are still having problems. I still can't pay by ATM. 7-11 still has problems. Their iService doesn't work for Credit Card payment. It is a mess.

I would guess that it isn't "Pic". Rather, I think you are seeing "Plc" or "P L C" for Public Company Limited. I think they are trying to put all of True's services under one organization, True Visions Group.

Thanks for straightening me out on the "Pic" actually being "Plc". Obviously you are correct, but how does True Visions make PLC stand for Public Company Limited? Shouldn't it be PCL? I swear, I think they try to confuse everyone on purpose. Looking at their "Promotion 2014" website, they say existing gold package customers will get 30 new stations for making the switch to the new package at no extra charge. But most of the new stations they list I already get, and the rest look like pure crap. More confusion. I guess there's nothing to lose by taking the "upgrade", and it appears that they will force it on you by September.

The bill payment problem is almost humorous. Why in the world would they remove ATM and 7-11 options? So do you have to go to a True Visions Store to pay your bill?

The True company will lose their permit to sell satellite tv service in Thailand as it expires in Sept 2014.

That means that all their customers will stop having the service then.

To get service after Sept., customers must sign up with the new company, new name, which has the permit to provide such service extending onward until the new permit/concession expires in the distant future.

True is asking customers to sign up with the new company for the same service now provided by expiring company.

Thanks for straightening me out on the "Pic" actually being "Plc". Obviously you are correct, but how does True Visions make PLC stand for Public Company Limited? Shouldn't it be PCL? I swear, I think they try to confuse everyone on purpose.

You think too much. Plc does not stand for Public Company Limited. It stands for Public Limited Company.

In Thailand you will see both Pcl and Plc. There is no difference, it's the English translation of a Thai phrase, and both have completely equal weight. Don't let it confuse you and then it won't.

• Like 2

I see where some of you guys are having problems paying? I use my KasikornBank Internet 'Bill Pay' facility and have not had a problem as yet under the old UBC banner. I see now they have added 'True Visions Group' to the payee list.

EDIT Registration via their web site was painless, just click on the opening page - promotion banner, select English on the disclaimer page and follow the simple instructions.

Edited by bdenner

I am a platinum subscriber and signed up for the 20 free extra channels yesterday. They will send me an sms confirmation within 2 working days. Don't know what the extra channels are yet but no doubt they will tell me.

Seems to be a no brainer if the concession expires in September 2014.

I would like to hear from those that have taken advantage of the offer and are now subscribers of True Visions Group.

Did they change your subscriber number?.

When I was last overseas, they changed my subscriber number without telling me, so payments piled up in old account number and old company name. Took a visit to a true office to show ID to move the money from the old account number to the new account number as the company name and organization changed and a new bank reference number was required.

Are we going to go through the same procedure again. If the company name and registration changes then the money payed into the old company must be transferred to the new company and steps are required. Anyone move from PLC to Group and not have had a account number change.

It maybe too early for anyone to have experienced the billing issues involved but it is a major issue to resolve with the call center when you have them move you over from PLC to Group. Certainly an different company even though the owners may be the same.

If you pay through your bank, check carefully as to the company name at the bank and your account number from the Group bill to see if they are changed.

I just called Truevissions and they told me they have no promotion that gives anyone 3 free months of service.

They said they have no reason too as they will automatically convert everyone to Truevissions Group prior to September.

I got the gold package because it originally had EPL which they have now lost and they seem to rotate the same 10 movies across the 3 movie channels. I was hoping the loss of concession meant there would actually be real competition or alternatives. I dont see why they are offering 20 free channels if they aren't feeling some kind of threat. Or maybe people are abandoning cable and getting all their content from the internet.

• Like 1

I would like to hear from those that have taken advantage of the offer and are now subscribers of True Visions Group.

Did they change your subscriber number?.

No subscriber number change.(for me)

After fruitlessly trying to register for additional 20 channels and failing to register on phone. I log on to iChat help. After providing my contact info, the person told me to wait for the phone call. 3 hrs later I got a call from Truevsion. After I told her I speak no Thai, she told me wait for another call. I am still waiting...

• Like 1

Is auto-pay an option here? I'm getting a little bored with having to take my True and Dtac phone bill to 7-11 every month to pay.

I have accounts with 3 or 4 banks, I haven't asked but you'd think at least one of them would allow it if the vendors were set up for it.

As for True and their sattelite permit, it seems strange their new company could get a new permit but their old company couldn't.

Thanks for straightening me out on the "Pic" actually being "Plc". Obviously you are correct, but how does True Visions make PLC stand for Public Company Limited? Shouldn't it be PCL? I swear, I think they try to confuse everyone on purpose. Looking at their "Promotion 2014" website, they say existing gold package customers will get 30 new stations for making the switch to the new package at no extra charge. But most of the new stations they list I already get, and the rest look like pure crap. More confusion. I guess there's nothing to lose by taking the "upgrade", and it appears that they will force it on you by September.

The bill payment problem is almost humorous. Why in the world would they remove ATM and 7-11 options? So do you have to go to a True Visions Store to pay your bill?

In Thailand PCL stands for Public Limited Company, which is the legally correct title here.

Is auto-pay an option here? I'm getting a little bored with having to take my True and Dtac phone bill to 7-11 every month to pay.

I have accounts with 3 or 4 banks, I haven't asked but you'd think at least one of them would allow it if the vendors were set up for it.

As for True and their sattelite permit, it seems strange their new company could get a new permit but their old company couldn't.

You can pay online from your internet banking bank account if you have one.

I am a platinum subscriber and signed up for the 20 free extra channels yesterday. They will send me an sms confirmation within 2 working days. Don't know what the extra channels are yet but no doubt they will tell me.

I think they are all the new Thai Channels. Very useful...Not.

Could some one please put the phone number the scrolling message said to ring for the deal.

I remember it ends in 2727 where as the usual one ends in 2525.

Please advise full phone number.

One of the new Thai channels is 50% less annoying than usual, it's all cartoon sound effects with none of the screaming and arguing.

I think they are all the new Thai Channels. Very useful...Not.

I have TrueVision in Bkk but I'm on the verge of ordering a cablestreamer box for my place in Ubon as they don't have cable there and I'd need a dish. Anyone have any experience with them?

I take True Visions lead or is it copper. At any rate it costs me 790 THB/ month. I had to downgrade to get the sports network I wanted. It had hockey, football and NBA games. You know I get 5 or 6 English movie channels and I do not miss any of the channels I gave up, because there is plenty variety at that level.

Why did I ever pay 1400 THB ? To prove I had money?