90 Day Reporting / Notification (TM47) by Mail in Phuket

It appears that it is possible to file a "Notification of Staying in Thailand for 90 Days" (TM47) by post in Phuket. I don't know how long this has been allowed. I only noticed the following announcement at the Phuket Immigration Office on June 6, 2014 (photo of this announcement is attached):

90 Day Notification by Post

For those customers who find a trip to Phuket Town for their 90 day notification to be a real drag, then can now notify by post.

The process is:

Complete a TM47 – this can be downloaded from

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/tm47.doc

Make photocopies of the following passport pages:

Detail page

Current visa

Latest entry stamp

Departure card (TM6)

Put completed TM47 and photocopies, with a stamped self-addressed envelope, in a second envelope and post – preferably registered post – to

Phuket Immigration Office, 482 Phuket Road, Talad Yai, Muang, Phuket 83000 Thailand

Note:

The documents must arrive at Phuket Immigration within the notification window of

15 days before and 7 days after notification due date.

The TM47 must be properly and completely filled in and signed.

The photocopies must be of the correct entries in the passport.

No correspondence is entered into, so if anything is wrong, the documentation is rejected. This means that the next notification must be done in person at Phuket Immigration and a fine of THB 2000 levied.

To avoid such a fine we recommend that the paperwork is sent a day before or on the day of the 14 day early period starts. If you hear nothing by day 5 of the 7 day late period, make the trip to town.

I plan to give this a try in July when my next 90 Day Report is due and will report back on the results.

post-164110-0-84435400-1402163510_thumb.

You post by registered mail, which has a number that you can check online to see when it was delivered.

Immigration sends you back a receipt, that also gives the next date you need to report. (That is why you need to include a self addressed stamped envelope when reporting by mail).

• Like 1

Considering how many items get lost by the postal service, how would you know if your post has been delivered. Do you get some kind of acknowledgment back.

You send it by registered mail or EMS and get a receipt for it to prove you sent it. You can also track it online here: http://track.thailandpost.com/trackinternet/Default.aspx?lang=en

cant understand why anyone living in Phuket and using the Phuket immigration would mail in the 90 day report

u have a spread of almost 21 days and you can travel to Patong or Phuket town.

It's handy if you happen to be travelling and are in Chiang Mai or Bangkok or Issan when your 90 day report is due.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I am due to report i think around the 13th or so of this month. Not keen on going especially given the headlines today of mayhem there every day.

So if I send it off tomorrow morning (7th) will it be ok. It will certainly have ample time in the 7 days afterwards window to be processed. My only concern is I read that it is supposed to be sent 14 days before the reporting date. How strict are they on this as it obviously going to arrive on time if I sent it tomorrow anyway?

Waiting for a definitive answer as I need to get right on this in the morning or try to find an agent to do it for me. Phuket town is a hassle

Oh but i just read here http://www.phuket-languageschool.com/2014/04/finding-the-phuket-immigration-office/ the patong office can process 90 day reports but im very sceptical on this. Everytime i go past it looks deserted, not in use, closed or has a sign up saying the opposite of what you are hoping for.

I will take a quick look tomorrow but yeh... sceptical

Yes, the Patong Immigration Office is open. However, they are closed from 12 noon to 1 pm for lunch.

The free 90-Day Report will cost you 100 Baht in Patong (you will not receive a receipt), while it will still cost you 0 Baht in Phuket Town. The free 90-Day is still free by mail, although of course you have to pay for the postage coming and going.

Actually i did it this morning here in patong. I have been doing 90 day reports for almost 3 years now and never been asked to pay before. This morning I was asked by some italian imm volunteer to pay a 40 baht fee for copying beforehand. Pretty sure nothing was copied and if it were why does a4 paper suddenly cost 40 baht. Anyway when it was done the Nice Thai girl returned my passport and the italian pushed me for the 40 baht. The Thai chick shook her head as if she thought it was silly herself. I ignored the italian said mai pen rai and walked out. samui, lad prao, chaeng wattana, suksawad, phuket town all free... patong pay. Surely its not a legit fee

• Like 1

Just did 90 day report and an address verification paper. For the first time in almost a year I was not asked for money for the 90 day. Pics cost me 100 baht for 6 and copy of passport front page x 2 was 40 baht. Total 160 baht. I think they got the word about charging for free services!

Just did 90 day report and an address verification paper. For the first time in almost a year I was not asked for money for the 90 day. Pics cost me 100 baht for 6 and copy of passport front page x 2 was 40 baht. Total 160 baht. I think they got the word about charging for free services!

Thanks for the report. Where was this? Patong, Phuket, or elsewhere?

Thanks for the report. Where was this? Patong, Phuket, or elsewhere?

It was Phuket and the Patong office. Was in and out in less than 30 minutes. Used only 2 pics so still have 4 more for later

• Like 1

Please explain the "address verification paper" is this a form that can be obtained from immigration. Last month it was just a matter of writing my address on the bottom the two passport photocopies that was required.

I cant off the top of my head remember the correct wording for the address paper. It is a typical document you need for buying a car, getting a drivers license and maybe setting up a bank account etc. its basically a verification through thai immigration where you live.

The 90 day report you need nothing but your lease agreement to verify your current address. Most of the time, they dont ask for it they just ask if you live same place. Print out new verification paper for passport and you are on your way.

Edited by 2fishin2

I cant off the top of my head remember the correct wording for the address paper. It is a typical document you need for buying a car, getting a drivers license and maybe setting up a bank account etc. its basically a verification through thai immigration where you live.

The 90 day report you need nothing but your lease agreement to verify your current address. Most of the time, they dont ask for it they just ask if you live same place. Print out new verification paper for passport and you are on your way.

The last time two times I reported for my 90 days at Phuket immigration the old TM 47 form was not required, also no other forms were required just my hand written address on the bottom of the two passport photocopies required. Sounds like it might have changed yet again.

90 day reporting must be done with this form: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm47.doc

90 day reporting is computerized now. They verify your address in computer print the form you sign a new one is placed in your passport and done. Takes less than 3 minutes to accomplish

o.k thanks that sounds more like it, so no official paperwork to be fill out.

I wonder what happened to the row of computers that were standing idol and gathering dust for years. They seem to have vanished.