Need advice where to go for Visa

Hi Guys,

I am married with a Thai lady since 1993, we have a 21 year old son, had for the most time here a 1 year visa,

3 years ago I had cancer surgery in Europe, since then I spend 3 months in TH and 3 months in my home country for health check ups,

I send my passport for non-immigrant visa to the Thai embassy, including 55 Euro for the visa,

worked ok until last time, on travel day I was at the embassy to pick up my passport, there was no passport, lost in the postal system or at the embassy,

got in about 1 hour an Emergency Passport, arrived in TH, got a 30 days tourist stamp,

my return flight is on 26 of August,

I know Penang well and wanted to fly there for visa, bad luck, Malaysia don't accept my emergency passport,

it is accepted in Myanmar, Cambodia, Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong and Laos,

I live in BKK,

can anyone of you be so kind and give me an idea for an easy trip, I am to old for overnight bus tours,

Thanks

Edited by franzs

I suggest you first get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. She would need to go with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate her house book and ID card plus copies.

Then you could do a border run. If from a G7 country would get a 30 day entry.at the border.

I suggest you first get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. She would need to go with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate her house book and ID card plus copies.

Then you could do a border run. If from a G7 country would get a 30 day entry.at the border.

I am in Bangkok with my family, but instead my usual 90 days non-immigrant I have a 30 day tourist until 27 of June

I go back to Europe on August 26,

the question was;

where can I do a 60 or 90 day visa easy, without spending hours in a bus and standing in lines

I am in Bangkok with my family, but instead my usual 90 days non-immigrant I have a 30 day tourist until 27 of June

the question was;

where can I do a 60 or 90 day visa easy, without spending hours in a bus and standing in lines

You can do the 60 day extension with the entry you have now you do not need the non-o.. Just a trip to immigration at CW pay 1900 baht and you will have a 60 day extension.

That would take you to about the 25th of August. Which would mean an overstay of less than 24 hours for which there would be no fine.

Joe do you mean that you could have a 60 days extension for thai wife even with a 30 days exemption of visa on arrival ?

I thought it was only available from a tourist Visa...

I'm asking you this in relation to my topic about SG you answered yet, because if so, I just don't need the tourist visa then...

Just flying back from SG to Bkk end of june and end of july : 60 days extension until september when I'd be flying back to France...

Edited by KhunKone

Joe do you mean that you could have a 60 days extension for thai wife even with a 30 days exemption of visa on arrival ?

I thought it was only available from a tourist Visa...

I'm asking you this in relation to my topic about SG you answered yet, because if so, I just don't need the tourist visa then...

Just flying back from SG to Bkk end of june and end of july : 60 days extension until september when I'd be flying back to France...

You don't need a visa of any kind to get the 60 day extension to visit your wife. You can do it with an exempt entry.

No need for the tourist visa if you get the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

Well so THAT IS a great news indeed !!
May I push a bit more and ask you :

IF BECAUSE of my 4 months stay already (60 days tourist visa + 60 days extension 4 Wife) they won't allow me the 30 days without visa,

what happens then?

Couldn't I get into Thailand, or would they give me shorter stay like 15 days or something giving me time to get a new tourist visa ?

Thanks again for your much appreciated help Joe !

And sorry Franzs for posting into your topic... :)

Well so THAT IS a great news indeed !!

May I push a bit more and ask you :

IF BECAUSE of my 4 months stay already (60 days tourist visa + 60 days extension 4 Wife) they won't allow me the 30 days without visa,

what happens then?

Couldn't I get into Thailand, or would they give me shorter stay like 15 days or something giving me time to get a new tourist visa ?

Thanks again for your much appreciated help Joe !

And sorry Franzs for posting into your topic... smile.png

You will not be denied entry with the history you have. The tourist visa and extension is not a bad history.

• Like 1

the question was;

You can do the 60 day extension with the entry you have now you do not need the non-o.. Just a trip to immigration at CW pay 1900 baht and you will have a 60 day extension.

That would take you to about the 25th of August. Which would mean an overstay of less than 24 hours for which there would be no fine.

my wife was last week there to ask about extension here,

they said no,

I will go tomorrow myself again

Ask for the correct extension, "60-day extension to visit Thai wife", have your wife along with you and the required documents.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah i had that kind of trouble last month when i did my 60 days extension with my wife.

Her id and tabian ban were not from Bangkok neither so luckily we had the apartment rental contract to HER name IN Bkk so it went fine as it was proof she was actually leaving here.

If you dont have that they will ask you to go to immigration from her district with copy and original of her ID and tabian ban ( blue book of land property) to do the extension there...