A Reminder That Textile Isn't Really a Substitute for Leather

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally I will continue driving at a reduced speed and wearing my minimal gear!!

Listen with all due respect.....Why dont you find a thread (Like the recent one you started?)

that you can contribute to rather than constantly trying to stir up something

You have made it abundantly clear you ride slow & do not need this or that

Enough....Please let others who find need or interest in quality protective gear

read in peace

Thanks

Is this a closed thread only for real bikers or can anyone voice an opinion? what is the problem? why would my post stir anything up as you say, are we all adults or children?

Is humor dead? why is everyone so serious on here? It's a forum for gods sake, but if you are going to cry I will let you all get on with it!! humor!!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by Alwayssunny

Is this a closed thread only for real bikers or can anyone voice an opinion? what is the problem? why would my post stir anything up as you say, are we all adults or children?

It is not closed but the topic is the "Textile Isn't really a Substitute for Leather".

There is no need for questions such as your hall monitor

type.Expounding the wrongs of x-speed or the rights of slow speeds etc.

If you want to ask such a question/make a statement the by all means start a thread.

Are we adults or children?

Well adults discuss the topic.

Children derail it & when they get an answer they don't like

they play the report button like a bongo.

So I guess we have both types here

Thanks

• Like 2

It is not closed but the topic is the "Textile Isn't really a Substitute for Leather".

If you want to ask such a question/make a statement the by all means start a thread.

Thanks

It is possible to inject some humor into a thread there is no need to be sooooooo serious all of the time!!

You will notice some posters in my recently started thread have been humorous, am I upset, of course not!!

You really are an incredibly boring bunch!!

Edited by Alwayssunny

just get over it guys.

Lets turn back to the topic.

what are the strongest fabric types on earth?

I am sure there are better and stronger materials than cordura 500 and up.

what about graphene? http://engineering.columbia.edu/even-defects-graphene-strongest-material-world

or zylon?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zylon

or spectra? http://www.fibermaterialsinc.com/product/spectra-900-1000-fabrics/

and if these are stronger, why makers do not use them for protective gear? I am OK to pay extra for a lighter and better protection, you dont?

Agree with all but #7.

Urine should be clear like water.

If it is hot, and you sweat a lot, add electrolytes.

Good read and interesting.

#7 is definitely a valid point.

Drinking too much water will rinse minerals and salts on your blood system, specially Sodium, which then causes Hyponatremia. you need minerals and specially Sodium which plays a real important role on your system.

Lack of sodium will cause headaches, migraine, muscle weakness and stress.

just drinking electrolytes alone is not a solution, it can help a little only after you stop loosing water. You loose the minerals much faster than you can recover them back.

so you need a proper meal to recover all the lost minerals.

some people are more sensitive than others relating the level of sodium.

I can get myself headaches from it, so I just grab a sandwich or omelette with some extra salt on it. The headache is gone within an hour.

Thanks

It is possible to inject some humor into a thread there is no need to be sooooooo serious all of the time!!

You will notice some posters in my recently started thread have been humorous, am I upset, of course not!!

You really are an incredibly boring bunch!!

Alwayssunny:

Could you clarify for me, are you in favor of fast driving on Thai roads or not?

If you could respond to this query several times I might be able to comprehend.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Agree with all but #7.

Urine should be clear like water.

If it is hot, and you sweat a lot, add electrolytes.

Good read and interesting.

#7 is definitely a valid point.

Drinking too much water will rinse minerals and salts on your blood system, specially Sodium, which then causes Hyponatremia. you need minerals and specially Sodium which plays a real important role on your system.

Lack of sodium will cause headaches, migraine, muscle weakness and stress.

just drinking electrolytes alone is not a solution, it can help a little only after you stop loosing water. You loose the minerals much faster than you can recover them back.

so you need a proper meal to recover all the lost minerals.

some people are more sensitive than others relating the level of sodium.

I can get myself headaches from it, so I just grab a sandwich or omelette with some extra salt on it. The headache is gone within an hour.

Generally, electrolyes are actually in solution. Sorry I just couldn't resist.

In addition, generally I'm in full agreement with what you say. If some-ones P is consistently clear, they're drinking too much water and stripping vitamins and minerals from their bodies. Intensive marketing in many areas has a lot to answer for.

Oh Oh the electrolytes.

Jerry