American’s fatal fall from 21st floor Condo on Jomtien Beach

webfact

Sad enough to die alone in Thailand. Rip

Sort of a fairy tale assumption on how wonderful it would be to die in the midst of a crowd in Farang Eden.

As I commented before,being surrounded by indifferent care-givers & strangers and visited twice a year by family for ten minutes if they can spare the time doesn't sound all that wonderful.

I think I'd rather die alone in Thailand than in one of the asylums/warehouses where the elderly are dumped in farang utopia. Too bad he died in this way, but he may have chosen this way out during one of his lucid moments. Still probably a better end than these inmates are likely to know.

nursing_homes2.jpg

I acknowledge that I haven't visited all "asylums/warehouses", nor have I gotten every visiting schedule from every family that visits these places. I don't know how many times a year they visit or for how long.

I've not witnesses the staff as they perform care nor have I inspected all or any these facilities. If I were to comment on them all, it would lack any degree of credibility.

I don't know everyone. I haven't visited ever place that cares our cares for the elderly or other persons requiring such care.

I don't think anyone on TVF cares what I do or where I go when my time comes. When it does, it is between me and my creator.

One Day at a Time

Another tragedy. However if I get Alzheimer's I will check out early.

Just curious, if you get Alzheimer's how will you remember to check out early?

Google Alzheimer's. It may help answer your question.

Peace

• Like 1

the sheer number is worse than you can figure out:

only few cases are reported by the media

Humm... I think I never heard of a no-reported case

of farang died after a fall from a condo.

It's the media job. Why would they not publish such news?

I stay off of balconies! With my clumsiness they are dangerous places for me. With Alzheimer's Syndrome, people can be clumsy and unable to help themselves. After my mother got Alzheimers, my father got up one morning and found her in the living room with her feet wedged under the sofa. When my father asked her how she got there, she said that she didn't know! It can be a cruel disease in the early stages because people worry about what they might do.

• Like 1

Men from the West are more likely to do themselves in with a gun ( not available to farangs) rather than drugs or other means. This seems a solution that many seek here when they are at the end of their rope. I have observed that most balcony railings in Thailand seem to fit Thai people better than Europeans and other larger farangs, so some may well be accidental. On the other hand some may have gotten an assist by another person, but many are desperation driven IMHO.

Where I come from many suicidal people just wait for the high-speed train , and it's messy .

It's horrible to clean up the violent suicides where body parts are shattered around or just mangelt .

In Thailand Nembutal is sold over the counter , it doesn't stess or strain the cleaners very much .

Nembutal. Please tell where, for example.

I don't think anyone on TVF cares what I do or where I go when my time comes. When it does, it is between me and my creator.

Wrong. We'd love to see your naked old carcass sprawled out on the bed, bum in the air, in a fleabag Pattaya hotel room. And then write, oh, 3 - 4 pages of comments, applying our extraordinary detective skills, concocting conspiracy theories, talking about the pill bottles, pointing at some Thai woman, etc. etc. Don't deprive the forum of its recreation!

It is always sad to see people with Alzheimer's alone in Thailand. Maybe they had tried the "live-in" maid/help services before but got ripped off or maybe have had the "girlfriends" before and also found they were being taken advantage of and decided to just live single and go with the flow (which isn't a bad idea) however, as many have said, they might be better off ending life here rather than in some abuse oriented old folks home back home.

Alzheimer's can lead to some strange actions so I wouldn't right it off as an actual "suicide" yet but maybe just an accident.

Either way, RIP to the poor guy and may his god be with him.