Laos Visa form

I am going to go to Laos embassy in bangkok to get a loas toursist visa

Does anyone have a copy or link to the form that needs to be filled in and handed in to get a loas tourist visa?

I know I can get visa on arrival at nong khai border but with the influx of traffic headed to vientiane I think it might save some time at border while waiting for them to process you visa on arrival ... queues might be long at border crossing

Thanks in advance

LL

My feeling on getting a tourist visa at the Lao Embassy in Bangkok is that it eats up a whole lot more time than I've ever "lost" at Thannaleng getting the Visa on Arrival, plus it costs more.

First need to drive or taxi to the Lao embassy, fill out the form, pay baht 1,400 I think it is, not 100% sure right now, then pay another baht 400 (?) for expedited issuance, while you wait 20 minutes to an hour. Then drive or taxi back home.

At Thannaleng, $35 for Americans and some others and the longest I've ever had to wait is about one hour. Usually it's quite a bit less.

Mac

My feeling on getting a tourist visa at the Lao Embassy in Bangkok is that it eats up a whole lot more time than I've ever "lost" at Thannaleng getting the Visa on Arrival, plus it costs more.

First need to drive or taxi to the Lao embassy, fill out the form, pay baht 1,400 I think it is, not 100% sure right now, then pay another baht 400 (?) for expedited issuance, while you wait 20 minutes to an hour. Then drive or taxi back home.

At Thannaleng, $35 for Americans and some others and the longest I've ever had to wait is about one hour. Usually it's quite a bit less.

Mac

For some it might be a hassle, but loas embassy is right around the corner from me

also with new crowds heading up to Vientian since crackdown it will save time at the border crossing

getting me a thru border faster and into Thai embassy fast ... lower number in queue there ...

and hand in paperwork faster

So for me it is easier and will hopefully save time sitting out in the heat in vientian