True ADSL Internet really slow

varun

Hey All,

I was wondering whether other True Ultra High-Speed Internet users are also experiencing slow internet as of late.

My internet has been considerably slow for quite a while now, at least compared to speeds I was getting last year.

I did a quick speed test the other day, (speedtest.net) and I got a DL speed of just approx 4 mbps, which is well short of the stipulated 10 mbps.

The last time I did a speed check (last year), I seemed to be getting the full allotted 10 mbps.

Any advice? Could somebody else on a true ADSL do a quick speed check, and let me know what you're getting?

Thanks!

When doing LOCAL speed tests you need to use a service with a server directly hosted by your ISP.

INTERNATIONAL Internet speeds are a different kettle of fish.

If the ISP local Speed Test reveals lower speed try power-cycling your equipment (Modem/Router/Wifi) and try again. If it continues to remains lower than what was contracted you should contact your ISP and let them know you have an issue.

ISP hosted Speed Tests

3BB Broadband

CAT Telecom

TOT HighSpeed (ADSL) / FTTx

TRUE INTERNET

Please note that speed tests completed using a modern PC connected via Ethernet Cable are the most reliable Conducting these same or similar tests over a WiFi connection, or utilizing other types of Internet Connected Devices can result in extremely erroneous results.

My internet has been considerably slow for quite a while now

Can you expand a bit on any specifics re: your applications? Is this considerable decrease in speed apparent during browsing? Other activities?

What DNS servers are you using, if you happen to know?

When did this slowness first become apparent? Was it fine one day, then problematic the next?

Do you have a fixed-line analog telephone associated with this service? Any strange noises on that phone?

Are you comfortable (/able to) logging in to your DSL modem/router? If so, can you share any details re: your DSL line statistics?

Can you chat with neighbors who are using True to see if they are having similar issues?

Can you contact True to ask them to check your line/service?

Based on absolutely zero information my only/best guesses would be: DNS problems, physical line problems, someone poaching your WiFi.

Sharing as much information as possible about your situation helps immensely.

Edited by lomatopo