South Pattaya Nightclub Security Guard arrested for assault on Israeli Brothers

webfact

Anyway you have to be a couple of real pricks to get booted out of Lucifer. They kind of need what ever business they can get these days, and are quite tolerant of most of the idiots who go there.

The Israelis were most likely drunk & started shooting their mouths off, and deserved what they got.

Go ahead. Start the anti Zionist bashing now!!!

I agree with you!! If you had to deal with the Israelis daily running their huge bikes up and down the soi's 24 hoiurs a day and brushing back the people walking, you might want to join the fight. Never see them in immigration reporting for 90 days in conuntry??? Do they get a pass??

Security cameras are a law-abiding citizens best friend.

I am really happy to hear they are piss testing farangs and I hope those testing positive are swiftly booted right out of Thailand.

That would have the additional benefit of clearing out the Full Moon parties ;-)

BTW, that security guard looks like a very angry fellow.

The sad part is I doubt you even realize urine testing of people is blatant privacy invasion and violation of basic human rights?

Foreigners may have consumed drugs back home but will test positive and get locked up and extorted, but to you, the righteous preacher it's a good news.

I guess you must be one of the quality expats

" A blatent privacy invasion of basic human rights" Try telling that to security as you are drug tested on your way to work at the mine in Queensland. Mine workers are constantly subject to drug testing when going on shift in Australia. Fail and you are sacked, this is how it should be !

• Like 1

Actually it was the Israelis that caused this in the first place, no wonder why the security guard in the picture looks pissed. He just did his job as a guard.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Haha thanks. I must have blinked for moment when reading the story. There are indeed a lot of assault stories in Pattaya where the Thai guy is fined 500 baht, but not in this case. I would love to see a follow up story , showing exactly what happened to the Thai guy. But of course that will not happen......

It will not happen because nobody cares what happens to the Thai guys. But hey it allows all the TV grumpies to carry on saying how Thais always get away with it when the reality is lower class Thais more often then not get massively disproportionate sentences against them.

It was the Israelis that started this fight.

Barely 36 hours after the Police recommends shutting down the club....hmmmm... how quick...isn't Lucifer foreign owned? By that German guy Christian?

I'd be thrilled to see them keep it shut and truly punish the bouncers/doormen, if for no other reason than to send a strong message to the other bars and doormen, that they do not have license to commit assault!

Bars and their staff of course have every right to eject people from their establishment, but that does not give them the right to commit assault (or worse!). Within the past year I've seen multiple cases of gratuitous violence inflicted on the part of the bar staff, often within tens of meters from the WS police checkpoints. I'm talking about several guys kicking people in the head that are on the floor and are of no threat whatsoever, at times barely sober enough to stand. This (violence) is of course an open secret down here in Pattaya (and beyond). IMHO the Thais are allowed to act with impunity by the authorities and this is what really infuriates me.

I admit that there is abundance of morons down here (foreign and domestic!) that could use a good smack. However, there's a difference between that and a sustained serious aggravated assault.

It's pretty disappointing to hear <deleted> on this site seemingly support people committing assault. If someone gets totally out of line they should be turned over to the police and then let them spend some time in the monkey house. Bar staff have no right to meet out "Thai justice" on oftentimes helpless/hapless foreigners. For those that think it's OK, I hope it one day happens to you or someone you know/care about.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Barely 36 hours after the Police recommends shutting down the club....hmmmm... how quick...isn't Lucifer foreign owned? By that German guy Christian?

I'd be thrilled to see them keep it shut and truly punish the bouncers/doormen, if for no other reason than to send a strong message to the other bars and doormen, that they do not have license to commit assault!

Bars and their staff of course have every right to eject people from their establishment, but that does not give them the right to commit assault (or worse!). Within the past year I've seen multiple cases of gratuitous violence inflicted on the part of the bar staff, often within tens of meters from the WS police checkpoints. I'm talking about several guys kicking people in the head that are on the floor and are of no threat whatsoever, at times barely sober enough to stand. This (violence) is of course an open secret down here in Pattaya (and beyond). IMHO the Thais are allowed to act with impunity by the authorities and this is what really infuriates me.

I admit that there is abundance of morons down here (foreign and domestic!) that could use a good smack. However, there's a difference between that and a sustained serious aggravated assault.

It's pretty disappointing to hear <deleted> on this site seemingly support people committing assault. If someone gets totally out of line they should be turned over to the police and then let them spend some time in the monkey house. Bar staff have no right to meet out "Thai justice" on oftentimes helpless/hapless foreigners. For those that think it's OK, I hope it one day happens to you or someone you know/care about.

Fair enough but your anger is misdirected if you think it's only Thais who are allowed to act with impunity.

The Brit owner of a bar and his buddies stomped on some poor guys head in soi 8 as recently as last month, as far as I can tell he's still behind the counter like nothing happened.

Your last sentence where you hope it happens is also a bit out of order... because the reverse situation is also true. I've seen complete out of order bikers, steroid freaks, etc go awol on fellow patrons only for the bar staff to restrain them and save the innocent party. Following your logic maybe i should wish you or someone you know/care is attacked by a crazed farang while bar staff just look on.

Edited by firestar

It was the ISRAELI who was fined 500 baht for fighting, NOT the security guard!

"After the initial investigation Mr. Eli Aurheem was fined 500 Baht for fighting and one of the guards, Khun Wittaya aged 25 was arrested and charged with assault."

The Thai chaps assault charge may well get him a far stiffer penalty.

Read and inwardly digest, Mr Eyes not-so Wide Open! facepalm.gifthumbsup.gif

To my understanding, CAPs denote yelling.

Your closing "read and inwardly..." seems condescending and imperious. But then, I prefer the gentler approach with a touch of civility.

By 'yelling' I presume you mean SHOUTING?

Not always, capital letters can also draw attention to a particular point, which is what I was doing.

And if you think I was being 'condescending and imperious', that's because I was - well spotted that man ... As I am now being to you ... a bit.

And as I suspect you are one of our trans-Atlantic cousins, then 'a gentler approach with a touch of civility' seems rather an oxymoron, don'tcha know, old bean ... ? tongue.png

No, only joking - on my 5 trips to the US I met nothing but great politeness from everyone (except some NY taxi drivers) - it's just on internet fora where it doesn't show so much ... wink.png

• Like 1

It's pretty disappointing to hear on this site seemingly support people committing assault. If someone gets totally out of line they should be turned over to the police and then let them spend some time in the monkey house. Bar staff have no right to meet out "Thai justice" on oftentimes helpless/hapless foreigners. For those that think it's OK, I hope it one day happens to you or someone you know/care about.

Fair enough but your anger is misdirected if you think it's only Thais who are allowed to act with impunity.

The Brit owner of a bar and his buddies stomped on some poor guys head in soi 8 as recently as last month, as far as I can tell he's still behind the counter like nothing happened.

Your last sentence where you hope it happens is also a bit out of order... because the reverse situation is also true. I've seen complete out of order bikers, steroid freaks, etc go awol on fellow patrons only for the bar staff to restrain them and save the innocent party. Following your logic maybe i should wish you or someone you know/care is attacked by a crazed farang while bar staff just look on.

This is Thailand and its the Thai authorities and the Thai system (or lack thereof) which allows people to act with impunity. Whether they are local or foreign thugs makes no difference to me! This incident and several others which I've personally witnessed involved Thais assaulting foreigners and that's why my post was directed towards them.

As to the last part of my post, I stand by it. I was criticizing people that were justifying the bar staff committing assault. Thai or foreigner is irrelevant to me.

The job of the bar's security staff is to eject people and if warranted hand them over to the authorities, not take our their anger and frustrations on the ejectees. By the way, I worked the door in a club back home back in the late eighties. Back home if staff went overboard they would be subject to arrest and the bar to a civil suit.

For the record, I was on WS that night and saw the police with the two guys as they were heading with them to the main WS command post. The bald guy was pretty beat up and could barely walk, whether due to drunkenness or head injury I do not know.

Haha thanks. I must have blinked for moment when reading the story. There are indeed a lot of assault stories in Pattaya where the Thai guy is fined 500 baht, but not in this case. I would love to see a follow up story , showing exactly what happened to the Thai guy. But of course that will not happen......

It will not happen because nobody cares what happens to the Thai guys. But hey it allows all the TV grumpies to carry on saying how Thais always get away with it when the reality is lower class Thais more often then not get massively disproportionate sentences against them.

And you know this precisely how?

Israeli's are well known for their extremely bad behavior; loud, impolite, rude and very unfriendly...

Why do you think there are so many guesthouses in BKK with a sign "Isreali's not allowed" (Hint for Lucifer ;-) )

I am really happy to hear they are piss testing farangs and I hope those testing positive are swiftly booted right out of Thailand.

That would have the additional benefit of clearing out the Full Moon parties ;-)

Lucky all the bouncers in the rest of the world look like pussycats.

Most Thais away from the tourist ghettos are pretty decent and are non aggressive. The security guard is most likely a thug, itching for an excuse to beat up a foreigner. And they just as often beat their fellow Thais too.

For the first or second offense of assult, make the perp wear prison stripped overalls, sweep streets and pick up trash, wearing a sign saying "I am a coward, I assaulted another person for no reason" Photograph them with their families and have them apologize for bringing shame on them and their country.

When foreigners assault another person, deport them and permanently bar them from returning to Thailand.

Yeah, it would be easy for corrupt police to abuse, but then the cops are being reformed, right?

A firm hand would greatly reduce this nonsense but its not going to happen. Thailand already has harsh laws about drugs and dim wits continue to smuggle drugs.

tent to slightly disagree with your first line, I cannot speak from experience luckily since I don't look for fights but according to the news reports which I read are most beatings, stabbings and murders away from 'farang ghetto's' or non farang related.

I can remember quite some isaan temple fairs in the news, the construction worker in jomtien etc etc etc

Objective disagreement is healthy- no problema from my side :)

However, in my defense, I did say the "They just as often beat up their fellow Thais..."

Put differently, wave a magic wand and no foreigners exist in Thailand. The locals would happily continue beating each others brains out :)

• Like 1

Granted, there are many reprehensible farangs in Thailand. But when violence occurs, the police should investigate why it has occurred and not just ignore it when the Thais say the farangs said something they didn't like. That's not a justification for a group of 5, 6 people ganging up on an individual when he's intoxicated and beat up on him! I'm sure other countries would prosecute the offenders if they use physical violence against a Thai simply because the Thai said something not to their liking.

Comments sound, but do you seriously expect this to go any further, get real.

i was outside lucifer wehn the israeli guy got beat, this is thai style 5 men beating 1 farang even when already out an on the street, very nice to see that finaly police is forced to take action. I only wondering that they found only some guests under drugs, when i was there on saturday look like 50% are

Yeah, whats worse? Five thais beating one farang in the street or another farang seeing five thais beating a fellow farang and not stepping in to help?

That is a tough call. Guess you would have to see what the farang did to get beat.

If you just came upon the fight without knowing, would be difficult to decide what to

do. If you saw the fight was over a dispute over a bar bill, jump in and help. If he spit

in the face of a bar girl, stand back and watch. But I have seen a lot of videos here

where a group of Thais are putting the boot to the head of an unconscious farang.

So if you do get in a fight here, be prepared to go all out from the first second, as you

are in a fight for your life. No Queensberry rules in Thailand, gotta go jungle on your

opponents. Not sure what the Israeli guy did, must not have been too serious if the

Thai guy got the assault charge......

But yeah, if I saw a bunch of Thai guys putting the boot to the head of an unconscious person,

I would step in no matter what the farang had done...

. My first time in walking street I witnessed a frang running from 5 or 6 Thai guys, frang fell over and was then having the sh@t kicked out of him, without thinking I stepped in putting my hands out saying enough guys enough, Thai guys looked me up and down ( with disstain, I might add ) and then swaggered off, also the frang took the moment to bolt off. I then copped a bashing myself, ear bashing that is from my Thai wife " never do again, we don't get involved" I said sorry sweat heart I never do again, but I would
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The sad part is I doubt you even realize urine testing of people is blatant privacy invasion and violation of basic human rights?

Foreigners may have consumed drugs back home but will test positive and get locked up and extorted, but to you, the righteous preacher it's a good news.

I guess you must be one of the quality expats

Already happening in the US