Your secure key, used to verify you are posting the topic, did not match the one submitted

ThaiNotes

I've been getting this error after trying to submit a post. It's been reported a few times before, and there hasn't been any answer. What's going on?

I'm guessing it's a problem with two people sharing a PC, both with accounts here.

There's a possibly related issue that even after explicitly signing out, I can come back and find myself still logged on.

Any explanation? Solution?

An off topic post has been removed.

Back on topic.

I've seen this reported before, but nobody has an answer as to why or how to fix.

Is yours a shared computer? I suspect something to do with ISP caching which was also the cause of members finding themselves logged on as someone else (it actually happened to me, luckily the member couldn't actually post).

If two people are using the same computer it can create problems because if either one has logged in and selected remember my password. This info is saved in a cookie. You should clear your cookies if you are having problems.

• Like 1

If two people are using the same computer it can create problems because if either one has logged in and selected remember my password. This info is saved in a cookie. You should clear your cookies if you are having problems.

Surely, if one logs off, the application should no longer remember the id/password and remove the cookies?

This sounds like an application bug to me.