VIDEO: Phuket Taxis - The Road Ahead, June 11

webfact

BS! I was just charged ฿1,400 from the airport to Rawai for a Fortuna that could carry my dog's kennel and our three bags of luggage…. All they've done is legalize the rip off!

Edited by Jimi007

Well It is good to see the change happening but unless they make it mandatory to use meters on ALL taxis and enforce then there will be the same problems happening daily.

Baht busses would be Great and good for the local people....

Samui has the same Problem with the taxi Mafia and Ripping off Everyone on the island... I hope they come here to samui and do the same...It is Very bad on Samui....Help

Edited by sscsamui

BS! I was just charged ฿1,400 from the airport to Rawai for a Fortuna that could carry my dog's kennel and our three bags of luggage…. All they've done is legalize the rip off!

What do your expect with a dog kennel and three bags of luggage? And how many passengers? None of that would fit into a taxi would it? Or would have preferred a motorbike taxi? You're the exception I would bet. What you had, you would would need TWO metered taxis. And at 750B each you got a deal.

• Like 1

What do your expect with a dog kennel and three bags of luggage? And how many passengers? None of that would fit into a taxi would it? Or would have preferred a motorbike taxi? You're the exception I would bet. What you had, you would would need TWO metered taxis. And at 750B each you got a deal.

Why do you stick up for the legalized rip off? They charge here as much as they charged me to get to the airport in California (distance wise) with the same amount of baggage… This is Thailand, let's compare Phuket to Bangkok, not to California!

They ( the army and the local bibs) haven't been to the airport yet. However, a private van hire or a private Fortuna hire will be more than an LPG meter taxi, or the supposed airport "limousine". Jimmy I'm surprised you didn't have a local Rawai guy lined up.

They ( the army and the local bibs) haven't been to the airport yet. However, a private van hire or a private Fortuna hire will be more than an LPG meter taxi, or the supposed airport "limousine". Jimmy I'm surprised you didn't have a local Rawai guy lined up.

My local Rawai guy was busy picking up school kids at that time of the day, unfortunately… And yes it was the airport "limo" service.

Edited by Jimi007

It's about a 3 hour drive, in reasonable traffic, from Bangkok Don Muang Airport to Pattaya Central and that is 1600 baht, with a random driver from the counter - all included. (airport ticket and tolls)

So, yes, 1400 baht from the Phuket Airport to Rawai is a high price.

A tourist will only need an airport taxi twice on their holiday, not that I am condoning the rip off, but compared to needing transpoat a few times a day, over 2 weeks, the tuk-tuks have been the main problem, especially when it comes to tourists deciding to rent motorbikes.

They should start with the transport in the tourist areas, particularly from beach to beach along the coast, and then move onto the Airport taxi issue and clean that up as well.

BS! I was just charged ฿1,400 from the airport to Rawai for a Fortuna that could carry my dog's kennel and our three bags of luggage. All they've done is legalize the rip off!

It's about a 3 hour drive, in reasonable traffic, from Bangkok Don Muang Airport to Pattaya Central and that is 1600 baht, with a random driver from the counter - all included. (airport ticket and tolls)

A tourist will only need an airport taxi twice on their holiday, not that I am condoning the rip off, but compared to needing transpoat a few times a day, over 2 weeks, the tuk-tuks have been the main problem, especially when it comes to tourists deciding to rent motorbikes.

They should start with the transport in the tourist areas, particularly from beach to beach along the coast, and then move onto the Airport taxi issue and clean that up as well.

The real issue is the price and availability of the bus that should run at least once every hour from the airport to Rawaii to offer an economical solution to everyone who wants it. Metered taxi service with Bangkok rates should also be availible 24 hours a day and these services must be protected by the police and the army. A good idea would be a law that would force all taxi drivers to post a phone number in the back seat that would allow passengers to report bad drivers an or threats of any kind direct to the police in English language.

BS! I was just charged ฿1,400 from the airport to Rawai for a Fortuna that could carry my dog's kennel and our three bags of luggage. All they've done is legalize the rip off!

The real issue is the price and availability of the bus that should run at least once every hour from the airport to Rawaii to offer an economical solution to everyone who wants it. Metered taxi service with Bangkok rates should also be availible 24 hours a day and these services must be protected by the police and the army. A good idea would be a law that would force all taxi drivers to post a phone number in the back seat that would allow passengers to report bad drivers an or threats of any kind direct to the police in English language.

The number to report taxi drivers is posted on the door of their vehicle. Our driver was very nice, respectful and a good safe driver. But still way over priced for Thailand. He did give us a discount, he charged us the Kamala fare rather than the Rawai fare, so I saved a few hundred I guess.

Why do you stick up for the legalized rip off? They charge here as much as they charged me to get to the airport in California (distance wise) with the same amount of baggage… This is Thailand, let's compare Phuket to Bangkok, not to California!

Must be a very special dog kennel to drag it all the way from U.S.A

Must be a very special dog kennel to drag it all the way from U.S.A

The kennel wasn't anything special, just the typical large plastic unit I bought at Chalong Pet Hospital, She was born here in Phuket over 7 years ago. She went with us to our home California for nine months and now back to our home here. She is pretty special, she kills cobras and is our bodyguard. The US is easy to bring a dog to. Thailand loves paperwork with raised stamps and a lot of fees both to export and import a dog, even when it is was born here…

Edited by Jimi007