How is Khao San Road going to accommodate people who want to watch the World Cup?

lurch13

Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum so a little bit of background is that I am an Englishman living in Ayutthaya.

I would really like to watch the England match live, at a bar, on Sunday. Ayutthaya is not going to cater for this so I plan to head to Khao San Road. The England match kicks off at 5am on Sunday morning and I am sure that before the curfew Khao San would of been packed with eager football fans at this hour.

I am worried that, because of the curfew, bars will just close at 12am and not re-open until the following night. Does anyone know of any bars that are planning on re-opening at 4am to accommodate football fans?

My plan is to arrive in Bangkok on Saturday afternoon, spend the evening on Khao San before heading back to my hotel at 12am for a nap. I will then rise again at 4am (Sunday) and head out to watch the football.

Will this work or is there no point in even trying Khao San?

Thanks in advance.

Lurch

I am fairly certain that Mulligan's at the Burger King end of Khao San will be showing the games. It is basically a sports bar, there are dozens of TVs in there. Last World Cup it was packed for every game that I watched.

I don't mind Khao San Road people. I actually quite like them. I am basically looking for English football fans who will be celebrating our first game like it is supposed to be done. I want atmosphere and beer more than anything.

So, Mulligans on Khao San or somewhere on Sukhumvit. Apart from Sukhumvit soi 11 can anyone suggest any other hot spots for the World Cup?

Thank you again.

• Like 1