Investing in Thailand

Ok, 5% a month with compounding over 10 years will provide about 350 times the initial investment. I will assume the op will combine his cash with hers. He must have At least a few million to be contemplating property. She can also borrow a small sum from the bank. The kitty can grow to 10 million, after 10 years they will be worth 3.5 billion baht....65 million pounds.

Let's revisit in 10 years....see if they are then very very very rich.....or broke....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Actually it would be better if we both visit and revisit our figures using an actual calculator.

The calculation above is pure nonsense. No relationship even to simple mental arithmetic.

Let's do an actual example: 2,000,000 invested over 10 years @ 5% with interest added each month and compounded would total 3294019

so that's 2 million which compounds to about 3.3 million baht.

Obviously maths isn't your strong point. 2,000,000 invested for 10 years at 5% per month compounded comes to over 697,000,000. It would get to more than your figure in 1 year. 5% of 2,000,000 is 100,000. So 100,000 every month for a year gives 1.2 million. So that already 3.2 million without any compounding. And still 9 years to go. Doesn't common sense tell you your figure is wrong?

Edited by ldnguy

Look to clarify a few things,

1. My wife is the smart one with the money..she is very careful in her spending and investment habits. She has been well trained by her parents who are very astute business people.

2. Yes I know what she makes on her trades because I see the ins and outs in our joint account and we quite often sit down and discuss what she interested in and what's good to buy and sell.

3. I earn my own income and do very well so I was initially amused at her trading but I do see the scope of using the SET to supplement our retirement in the future.

4. I have to retire eventually and I wanted to develop a business for when that time comes, hence my interest in comparing what investing on the SET could achieve versus a business.

5. I couldn't give a rats ass about who might not believe what she does, her trading wasn't the point, except as a comparison.

Through watching her trading ( which she has done for a long time) I realised that to trade successfully here that you can't do it alone. The only reason she succeeds is that she is in a network of people that understand Thai business dynamics I.e. A lot of tips that come wouldn't be available to average Joe. I don't trade because I don't have her connections and to be honest I don't have the dedication to spend all day looking at the share prices.

Is the SET free of insider trading and hence fair for all...not in my opinion. Hence why I would like to have a spare fall back business.

Am I a scammer..no, do I want to influence some one else, no...would I gain by bull..sh@tting her gains ..no.

If you want to invest in the SET?.up to you..my advise is find a smart adviser as I believe that stocks are driven to a set target and then sold off by influential people.

Hope this clarifies.

Cheers and good luck

Ok, 5% a month with compounding over 10 years will provide about 350 times the initial investment. I will assume the op will combine his cash with hers. He must have At least a few million to be contemplating property. She can also borrow a small sum from the bank. The kitty can grow to 10 million, after 10 years they will be worth 3.5 billion baht....65 million pounds.

Let's revisit in 10 years....see if they are then very very very rich.....or broke....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Actually it would be better if we both visit and revisit our figures using an actual calculator.

The calculation above is pure nonsense. No relationship even to simple mental arithmetic.

Let's do an actual example: 2,000,000 invested over 10 years @ 5% with interest added each month and compounded would total 3294019

so that's 2 million which compounds to about 3.3 million baht.

1.05 ^ 120 ~= 349

He is, I think, correct. Assuming her claims are trustworthy, the OP's squeeze has it within her power to become fantastically rich!

Aussieroaming, on 14 Jun 2014 - 14:54, said:Aussieroaming, on 14 Jun 2014 - 14:54, said:Aussieroaming, on 14 Jun 2014 - 14:54, said:

Look to clarify a few things,

1. My wife is the smart one with the money..she is very careful in her spending and investment habits. She has been well trained by her parents who are very astute business people.

2. Yes I know what she makes on her trades because I see the ins and outs in our joint account and we quite often sit down and discuss what she interested in and what's good to buy and sell.

3. I earn my own income and do very well so I was initially amused at her trading but I do see the scope of using the SET to supplement our retirement in the future.

4. I have to retire eventually and I wanted to develop a business for when that time comes, hence my interest in comparing what investing on the SET could achieve versus a business.

5. I couldn't give a rats ass about who might not believe what she does, her trading wasn't the point, except as a comparison.

1. If this was true she would not be married to you she would of been cherry picked and married a powerful Thai Hi-So.

2. Ok publish what her buys are for the next week and do so again next Sunday for the next 4 weeks then we will check on her predictions for the 5% she makes so well and easy.

3. Unlikely as you aren't even very clever in your attempt to set up a scam with this. I'll have a little wager you are of dark skin and from Africa.

4. Yes of course perhaps by then you will be able to sell us all a 1/2 share in some land you own for development.

5. We don't however we do believe you are a retired undercover navy seal on an undercover mission from the SAS.

Edited by PsxGunman