WP for farang assisting in wifes business.

'relatively easy' cheesy.gif Nothing about the WP process is even remotely easy.

If your wife has a registered company with 4 Thai employees and two million capital then sure, as long as your job is not on the very long list of professions limited to Thai nationals.

So, if for example your wife has a business (as does mine) you are not even allowed to be on the premises if you appear to be conducting business - search TV for an example where a bar owner was deported for shaking hands with bar patrons as they were leaving his 'wife's bar' a few years back. He was not serving, or even behind the counter.

Jealousy can lead to your downfall here; as soon as your wife's compatriots see you are helping her and she appears to be making more than they are they will report you. If they say you are working then you will be nicked - regardless of the truth.

• Like 1

Also only 1 million baht of registered capital.

You would need to be on extensions of stay based upon marriage or have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to do it.

Edited by ubonjoe
changed 10 to 1
  • Like 2

You would need to be on extensions of stay based upon marriage or have a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage to do it.

I am guessing you mean 1 million baht capital smile.png

Again, depending on where you apply and how they feel on the day...

I am guessing you mean 1 million baht capital smile.png

Again, depending on where you apply and how they feel on the day...

Thanks it is now corrected.

What a pity that Thailand can't offer reciprocal arrangements with other countries.

When my wife arrived in Australia, she was immediately covered by Medicare and offered all manner of assistance in finding a job if she needed one, which she didn't but it was a nice gesture. Oh, and as a married couple, we had no problem in buying property in JOINT names.

What a nice country, I mean in my country you have to show that you have financial means to support yourself for 3 years therefore not being a burden on the so-called 'world class' national health service. In the meantime, you are attempting to get residency for your wife and making sure you don't fall below the financial requirement and more importantly not getting sick or losing your job. While, next door, a EU member walks in and doesn't have to show any form of financial means, but hey ho that's OK because . . . sorry rant over completely off topic, but I feel better now smile.png