Heavy Rain And Flood Warnings In Lower North And South

george

Heavy rain and flood warnings in lower North and South

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's Meteorological Department has issued a warning that heavy rain is expected in the country's lower northern provinces, the central region and the South.

A low pressure ridge, as well as the southwest and southeast winds cover the lower North.

The department said local villagers in Tak, Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phetchabun in the North, plus Phang-nga, Trang, and Satun in the South should brace for torrential mountainside runoffs and possible flooding in the next few days.

Cloudy skies and thunderstorms are expected in Bangkok, its surrounding areas and across the country.

One- to two-metre high waves are also expected in the Gulf of Thailand.

--TNA 2006-06-20

My wife is living near the Mae Wong national park and has been advised to move away for a few days.

She is in Khampaeng Phet now and we ahve someone keeping an eye on the place. Unfortunately I am in Bangladesh so I have to rely on phone calls to check up on her and the farm.

She is OK and as far as I can find out the place is OK as well but I won't know for certain until I go back on holiday at the end of July.