2nd hand music CD's anywhere?

jmccarty

Now that we have no English language radio stations anymore in Pats, anyone know of any 2nd hand music CD shop around Pattaya area?

I know of the large 2nd hand book shop above the Tops Supermarket on 2nd and Central Road though never looked in there. Will have to stop by and have a look.

If I still had every music CD I ever owned, I would have a huge collection. But unfortunately, those were often left behind at parties, in cars or not sure where and seem to have a very small collection left. Getting fed up with the lack of background noise in the car and the Thai stations are a bit hard for me to understand and appreciate.

Why the heck 2nd hand ?

Theyre peanuts for new ones and sold everywhere ???

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Guess I have never looked at the copy shops inventory. Will have to go to the market then. Guessing will be the best of every cover band from the 60's to 90's?

I will add, I have looked in the new CD sellers for "legit" music in Central Festival mall and there is little to choose from. I did pick up what was meant to be a classical collection of 5 CD's. It turned out to be an amateur copy with begining and end of many songs cut off and sound quality was not CD stereo sound. Not sure what it was/is but if pirate CD's are all there is, then so be it!

Edited by jmccarty

To be fair you might be surprised , some of these stalls actually have cds dedicated to any given decade , from the 50s onwards.

Of course not every market but they are out there , maybe a member could post a specific market for you.

To be fair you might be surprised , some of these stalls actually have cds dedicated to any given decade , from the 50s onwards.

Of course not every market but they are out there , maybe a member could post a specific market for you.

Thanks, would be much appreciated!

Thanks, would be much appreciated!

The third floor of Tukcom on Third Road has several shops that sell good quality CDs. There ought to be a place that will load songs onto a flash drive if your car radio has a USB port and will accept a flash drive as a music source, but I am not sure when in Pattaya such a shop might be. Perhaps the shops in Tukcom do that or know of a shop that does. I just copied a hundred (6+ hours of music) or so songs onto a flash drive for the same reason you are looking for CDs, and put it into the USB port of my truck. The music goes from the 60's to present and cuts across genres. I can probably send a copy to you by e-mail. PM me if you want it.

Thanks Thailaw, my car does have a USB port, never thought of loading a flash drive with MP3's (I guess that format?) and trying that. I'll try that, heaps of MP3's available on bit torrent sites. I'll see what works first on my car USB drive.

Thanks for the offer.